MULTI 4.2.21

Status
Not open for further replies.
there must be fix some serval issues :)

1. Dont use an xiaomi account if you want to change a single background
2. All the GAPPS installed already with every new update

Thanks for the comment Acid.
If you could do me a favor, just a little bit more of testing on this part:

On your m2, make sure that you are viewing network shared files using miui file explorer, and play it with MX player now.
If you could play it with mx player, then there must be a problem with my phone.
Otherwise, then you have similar bug with me :) (bug on the miui file explorer)
Ok. I've tested all and seems you're right. MI2 can't play videos from external player.
And yes I'm viewing files from network shared files.
  • Playing movie from miui file explorer using Video or Mx Player doesn't work on MI2 4.1
  • Playing movie from miui file explorer using Video or Mx Player works on MI3 4.3
But at the same time everything seems to be working when playing movies from Video app.

there must be fix some serval issues :)

1. Dont use an xiaomi account if you want to change a single background
2. All the GAPPS installed already with every new update
I think, you shouldn't post those "bugs" again, because it will not be "fixed" ever. So just don't bother.

Xiaomi account is a part of MIUI system, backgrounds and other things are connected to Themes app and this requires Xiaomi account. This will never change.

As for gapps: no, we won't. This is +60MB and gives us and users pure, unnecessary bandwidth.
For end user it is just another zip to install, nothing to be worried.

MIUIVideo app can play perfectly any media you shared through dlna server. Tested with full hd mkv movies

Very good app and great feature! Thanks for integrated into the ROM!

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lol. Why do you need init for governors? Who told you that? Yes you can change governor via init.d but... you can just install Trickster Mod app or any other CPU app from Google Play.

Wysłane z MI3 W
I understand the reason why you Lough seems ridiculous as I thought so at the beginning but believe me I tried all cpu apps including trickster and the settings doesn't stick.after reboot they lost.

Yes. Because system forces governor on boot. Well if you have Mi2 then you can set governors using /etc/init.post_boot.sh. This file is like init.d and works fine. I'm using it for my rom to do trim or setprop build.prop options. Try it.

Or just don't reboot your system.

Wysłane z MI3 W

I understand the reason why you Lough seems ridiculous as I thought so at the beginning but believe me I tried all cpu apps including trickster and the settings doesn't stick.after reboot they lost.
There is always an option to set it on boot too.
You need to give the app permission to start at boot though.
Maybe that's your problem

Getting this report when closing videoplayer
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.miui.video.HomeActivity.onKeyUp(HomeActivity.java:1404)
    at android.view.KeyEvent.dispatch(KeyEvent.java:2633)
    at android.app.Activity.dispatchKeyEvent(Activity.java:2475)
    at com.miui.video.BaseActivity.dispatchKeyEvent(BaseActivity.java:329)
    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.dispatchKeyEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1952)
    at android.view.ViewRootImpl.deliverKeyEventPostIme(ViewRootImpl.java:3794)
    at android.view.ViewRootImpl.handleImeFinishedEvent(ViewRootImpl.java:3744)
    at android.view.ViewRootImpl$ViewRootHandler.handleMessage(ViewRootImpl.java:2898)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5071)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:808)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:575)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Guys! Is there any chance to improve the calendar app? No displaying option for week numbers and agenda displaying does not work in new calendar widget. Please provide my request to China or give me direct contact.

Why aren't there any updates for samsung galaxy S2 4.2.2 i chnaged to 4.2.2 a month ago and post that can't seem to find any new ROM updates :(

Guys! Is there any chance to improve the calendar app? No displaying option for week numbers and agenda displaying does not work in new calendar widget. Please provide my request to China or give me direct contact.

I use the official Google Calendar from Google Play, you can see the whole day at a glance in stead of only a couple of hours. I give this option in a reply to Xiaomi on their Facebook page.
You can also see the weeks. I don't use the widgets, perhaps this has improvements as well.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

MIUIVideo app can play perfectly any media you shared through dlna server. Tested with full hd mkv movies

Very good app and great feature! Thanks for integrated into the ROM!

May I know what DLNA server are you running?

I use the official Google Calendar from Google Play, you can see the whole day at a glance in stead of only a couple of hours. I give this option in a reply to Xiaomi on their Facebook page.
You can also see the weeks. I don't use the widgets, perhaps this has improvements as well.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.
Yes I know but IMO better to improve the integrated apps, in order to avoid install and use an other one.

Is it possible to modify the boot.img for the Desire S in such a way it also uses the /system/lib partition of newer HBOOTs?

I am gonna install Plex and test it later.
So far, windows media player dlna is not compatible.

Here is a little help those who had problem with playing mkv movies through MiVideo DLNA:

1. Install Plex Media Server on your PC
2. Share media what you want in Plex software (even 1080p mkv files)
3. Start MiVideo app on your phone > Main menu > Browse Devices > Select source: PLEX DLNA (small arrow next to "Internal memory")
4. Select Movie what you want to play
5. Enjoy Full HD movie on your phone!

Last edited:
I think, you shouldn't post those "bugs" again, because it will not be "fixed" ever. So just don't bother.

Xiaomi account is a part of MIUI system, backgrounds and other things are connected to Themes app and this requires Xiaomi account. This will never change.

As for gapps: no, we won't. This is +60MB and gives us and users pure, unnecessary bandwidth.
For end user it is just another zip to install, nothing to be worried.

To bad than. That are the main issues.
Because why to use an account to change realy one simple background.
Other devices like the big brands doesent have that because not forced to use an samsung/htc/ or what ever account.

So must wait for the new devices than .

thanks you for the anwsers....

Status
Not open for further replies.