MULTI 4.7.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't. I just simple open it with root explorer with one tap on the file

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

In my experience you need to tap in the top of the screen, "mount R/W" in order to make changes here. That is what I meant with permissions.

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

Like I said before, from a logical standpoint, there have to be 3 different profiles.

1. Power Saving -> clocks are mostly low and never switch to highest rates (50-75% max.), switching to higher rates late
2. Normal/Balanced -> clocks switch between low and high, try to stay low but switch high when needed
3. Performance -> clocks stay (mostly) high, lower rates only after a few idle seconds

That's roughly what should happen. Do you see my point?

I'm with you, seems a bit odd to remove one of the modes now. Be interested to know what the new modes actually do.

From what I remember the three modes where...

1. Power Saving - in this mode cpu always ran at the lower speed.
2. Normal - in this mode it ran at the lower speed and then switched to the higher speed when under load.
3. Performance - in this mode it always ran at full speed. 1.7GHz

As most phones over the last couple of years are so overspec'd for the majority of uses, my Mi2S spent probably 90% of it's time running the slower clocks in power saving mode. I'd only switch it to normal/perf when doing s/w updates and for the odd more demanding games.

I'm wondering (or at least hoping) that they may have got rid of the performance mode and just moved the other two up?

As if not, as above, it will mean there is now way to force it to stay at the lower speed and that it'll possibly keep ramping up to full speed when ever it is being used.

Shall we hope the OTA will arrive? I read that this rom is not so great, but afraid to can't use further updates without this. But i am too coward to make manual update...

I updated to 4.7.18, but I could not find the "power saving mode"!! Also, when the phone switch to "marathon mode" a error comes out.

Is it a bug, or the developers did delete the "power saving" mode???

P.S. I'd liek to come back to 4.7.11, which seemed to work fine to me... Ho can I downgrade to 4.7.11? Is it as simple as downloading the 4.7.11 zip file and launch it with the updater app? or is it more complex? I'm quite a newbie ad I would like to not mess my phone (MI2s)

thanks

In build.prop change debug.compositon.type=dyn to debug.compositon.type=gpu

And see if that helps.
I have successfully modified that file as you said, but it did not help unfortunately. After save the modification, a build.prop.bak file generated automatically. Why? Is it need?

Shall we hope the OTA will arrive? I read that this rom is not so great, but afraid to can't use further updates without this. But i am too coward to make manual update...

The OTA does nothing differently than if you manually download the file to your phone and then flash it with the updater.

This is not the way you suppose to make build.prop changes. You should edit the file in zip rom on your pc, then flash the rom. Or extract the file from zip, edit and push to phone using "adb push".

The bak file was created by a method you used. Thats all.

This is not the way you suppose to make build.prop changes. You should edit the file in zip rom on your pc, then flash the rom. Or extract the file from zip, edit and push to phone using "adb push".

The bak file was created by a method you used. Thats all.
So, the method what I used it does not work?

Open terminal from adb shell and run command:

getprop debug.compositon.type

This will return the value you set.

Reactions: graw2
If I make a full wipe and reinstall the rom it will also return the value what I set?

Only of you edited the file in zip ROM which you will reinstall.

Sometimes I get "Four-Grid Update Feedback" notification. When I click on it, after some steps it is redirect me to Xiaomi Account where I have to add my nick name for use that nickname in all related forum. When I try to add "graw2" it says it is already exist. The reason is previously I registered to xiaomi forum, after that I created my Xiaomi account using phone number, and now I cannot connect my nickname to my existing xiaomi account. Of course I can add different nickname but I like to keep actual one. How to add my existing nickname to my existing xiaomi account? Maybe moderator can help me... Thanks in advance.

Hi - On MI3, the OTA app doesn't detect an update. How can I make it detect the update?
Thank you

Last edited:
Why my ussd code like this. Im using mi3 TD SCDMA.
yhujany5.jpg

Miui vers. Multilang 4.7.4

hi guys, I see mi4 has been announced, and it will come in august with miuiV6... so my question is.. V6 will come to mi3 too sooner or later right? if so, do you know, more or less, when we could expect it for the mi3? not asking for ETAs of course, just wondering if someone of you has more information about V6 to share with us :)
also, do you know what big changes/improvements will have V6 compared to V5? and some screenshots to see the new UI maybe?
I google but didn't find a wep page with some good information about that :|

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.