V6 on Mi2: Didn't work for me.
  • Recovery mode.
  • I side/uploaded zip.
  • Pointed to it.
  • Reboot.
How I normally update.
Perhaps there is more to it.

EDIT:
I swiped everything (phone was already empty anyway) but it won't come out of recovery.
Changing back to V5 = all nice again.

Last edited:
I would be glad to know when you will upgrade miui for nexus 7 2013 wifi only
the end of august version is quite buggy imho ...

do you have any idea upon this ?

thanks for your massive work

francesco

Reactions: mj2
I cannot believe to my eyes. KK based MIUIv6 already released for Mi2S?! It can be true? :eek:

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

I cannot believe to my eyes. KK based MIUIv6 already released for Mi2S?! It can be true? :eek:

It can be flash via cwm recovery if tdb enabled?

Stable 43 multilang released...

~Tapatalk~

Hey ingbrzy, just wanted to check....Is that stable multilang 43 for Redmi 1s from en.miui.com the same as the xiaomi.eu rom from the first page of this thread?

Also, I installed the V41 xiaomi.eu rom over your V36 rom using updater app but was getting FC's and high ram use. Would it be safer to do a full wipe/dalvik wipe in MIUI recovery then flash the 43 as an update.zip from SD card?

I upgraded to 4.9.26 an hour ago and this is my observation.
Note that I upgraded from 4.8.22 so some stuff I mention may be from previous roms.

1. New Browser design is cool and easier on the eyes from previous one. Popular tab, as well as new "Video" tab are on Chinese and there is no way to change that. (Not sure if intended or not)

2. In settings, long press navigation buttons have only one option "close current app" ("recents" button has also option for "show menu").
Coming from 4.8.22 build, this is weird for me. Usually (by default) long press "home" button would bring "show menu" display (running apps and ram cleaner) and pressing "recents" button would bring up app settings (depending on the app.)

3. There seems to be no option to change / reorder icons in status bar. i.e. There is "lock" icon in status bar by default which I don't need or want to use, but there is no way to remove it/change it.

4. There is no option in theme app to add new icons / themes from local directory. Again, those options would come up by pressing "recents" button, but now it brings up "menu" with running apps and ram cleaner.

That's it for now.. I will edit this post if I find any other "problems".

All in all, great build and I would recommend it.( If you don't mind those four things I mentioned.)

Mi3 W : after update 4.9.26 miui browser has frequently FC. Do you need a logcat with adb or is it a known bug?

Last edited:
aries MIUIv6 4.4 stuck on boot!!! Do not flash on Mi2s!! It is damaged my system. Full wipe, format everything does not help...omg!

aries MIUIv6 4.4 stuck on boot!!! Do not flash on Mi2s!! It is damaged my system. Full wipe, format everything does not help...omg!
Followed guide on OP? MiFlash first with wipe all?

~Tapatalk~

Reactions: graw2
A I have Mi2, and I update to MIUI V6 and It is great. If you update via Updater from Miui 5, it does not work, but you can go back via recovery and reebot to second system. If you want to have a Miui 6 you must read guide in forum
"For installation of Mi2S v6 SPECIAL EDITION
- Install v6 via MiFlash (flash_all) - image (http://htcfanboys.com/download/acid/?action=list&folder=31828)

- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually"

Reactions: graw2
Where did battery info go? I.e. time on battery and estimated time left?

If not available anymore, what has been the reason for elimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.