4 Pro - Problem With Audio From Speaker/capsule

Hi guys,

I have an ear speaker sound problem - crackling during phone conversation so badly, so sometimes I cannot understand what the other side person is trying to tell me. Awful! Is that a phone after all?

I am with MIUI 8.2 | Stable 8.2.1.0 (MBECNDL) - latest stable Chinese ROM (at the time of writing that).
After several months trying to find a solution and finally found it (it seems that this is some problem with phone calls over 3G/4G - as some guys mentioned above):

- Settings -> SIM cards & mobile networks -> [YOUR OPERATOR under SIM CARD SETTINGS] -> Preferred network type -> 2G only (saves battery)
(previously it was "Prefer LTE" (so 4G), I didn't have an improvement with "Prefer 3G" as well)

Just for sure -> reboot the phone (in my case it worked even without reboot).

One more settings which can help you is (it didn't in my case but just wanted to let you know for it - as it seems it works sometimes - from what I read in the forums):

- Settings -> SIM cards & mobile networks -> VoLTE enabled -> DISABLE IT (I think it's disabled by default on 2G only)!

Now, at least, I use it as a phone which is my primary need. I hope that can help for you as well!

P.S. I think to visit my mobile OPERATOR office and change my 4G SIM card with a new one (this one is less than 1 year old) as this crackling happened without any change on the phone. So, no obvious reason for it to appear. Previously it was working fine on 4G/LTE for around 6 months probably.

Best Regards,
Boyan Boychev