4 Pro - Problem With Audio From Speaker/capsule

Did you hear any vocal note? It pops sometime.
I get crackling also with notification (WhatsApp or eBay)

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes of course but I have no problem when I heard the vocal note or notification sound. Very strange!

Sent from my Redmi 4 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes of course but I have no problem when I heard the vocal note or notification sound. Very strange!

I hear crackling with INTERNAL note of whatsapp only (if you are reading a conversation, as soon as you receive a new message in this conversation the tone is distorted).
No problem with "general" notification of whatsapp

Reactions: SpecialOne92
I hear crackling with INTERNAL note of whatsapp only (if you are reading a conversation, as soon as you receive a new message in this conversation the tone is distorted).
No problem with "general" notification of whatsapp
Yeah, it's what i mean.
If the app work in background i've no problem at all( or Just in very rare case i hear crackling).

With vocal note, no Matter volume level, speaker always crackle.

With telegram i had no problem at all.

With eBay as often i receive a notification ( new items in my search, or message from ppl) speaker cracke...

I tried Dolby mod some time ago, but didnt solve the problem.

Yeah, it's what i mean.
If the app work in background i've no problem at all( or Just in very rare case i hear crackling).

With vocal note, no Matter volume level, speaker always crackle.

With telegram i had no problem at all.

With eBay as often i receive a notification ( new items in my search, or message from ppl) speaker cracke...

I tried Dolby mod some time ago, but didnt solve the problem.

I will test this condition.

Hi guys,
I have the same problem on my 4 Prime (with EU and Global). Random crackling with screen off while listening to Spotify and FM from speaker and also with WA and Telegram audio messages from capsule.

But I noticed that FM radio SEEMS to work with no problems with Airplane Mode ON.

Could someone try with this settings? I think 15-20 minutes of FM radio with screen off will be enough. I also tested few audio messages but I have to test much more.

Yes as far as we understood the problem seems related to almost every sound reproduced by the integrated speaker during data excange over 2G/3G (I don't know if it happens over 4G)

Hi guys,
I have the same problem on my 4 Prime (with EU and Global). Random crackling with screen off while listening to Spotify and FM from speaker and also with WA and Telegram audio messages from capsule.

But I noticed that FM radio SEEMS to work with no problems with Airplane Mode ON.

Could someone try with this settings? I think 15-20 minutes of FM radio with screen off will be enough. I also tested few audio messages but I have to test much more.

Same problem here. I will try. Ciao

I facing bug on audio when locked, whatever oudio app event fm radio some time lost and volume suddenly up this bug happen when signal switch or no signal. after some edit on soundfx seem OK rightnow

P.S rom version 7.1.9

Finally with the last weekly the problem seems to be solved unfortunately listening to other user it seems to be yet present with WhatsApp. Not in my case. However I think that we are on the right direction.

Oh, finally a good news. I'm still on Global. I'll wait ur final feedback the Il switch rom. :)

Finally with the last weekly the problem seems to be solved unfortunately listening to other user it seems to be yet present with WhatsApp. Not in my case. However I think that we are on the right direction.

That would be good news, thanks for the update. But I do hope users do not have to switch to weekly updates to get this fix.

I still have crackling sound with whatsapp audio messages (both capsule and speaker). Dirty flash like last week release.

mmmh I can't connect to 4 g network with xiaomi.eu's ROM... with official global works like charm... I don't get why is doing like that! Any clue?
P.s. I just flashed weekly rom, i'll give a try!

Edit: the problem is almost solved. I cani hear some random low pop( from speaker and capsule)

Last edited:
mmmh I can't connect to 4 g network with xiaomi.eu's ROM... with official global works like charm... I don't get why is doing like that! Any clue?
P.s. I just flashed weekly rom, i'll give a try!

Edit: the problem is almost solved. I cani hear some random low pop( from speaker and capsule)

You're right, this weekly is better than ever, but not seems definitely solved, my bad! :(

bug fix in ingles and portugue in pdf.

http : / / en . miui . com / thread - 518811 - 1 - 1 . html