MULTI 5.1.16

Status
Not open for further replies.
"New - Screen wakes automatically with new notification when screen is turned off"

How should work above feature? I cannot feel any difference...

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

In the mipad the browser don't work!!
I have installed this update and force close
clean Browser app data...

"New - Screen wakes automatically with new notification when screen is turned off"

How should work above feature? I cannot feel any difference...

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6
it lights up screen when you got new notification..

Reactions: gabril and graw2
Guys i have a doubt :

New - Screen wakes automatically with new notification when screen is turned off (01-14)

Can we disable this option to save battery or is permanetly active? otherwise i will not update :\

Hi mate, I have a temporary solution, disabling show notification in the status bar the screen don't wake automatically.

1f0cf35d46e9280060eeefb19ba39f17.jpg

Sorry for my english. Can I istall rom 5.1.16 on a Xiaomi MI4 LTE Version ? Can I have problem because is LTE version ? Thanks a lot

In version v5 my cell have root acess.
This v6 no have more ????

v6 have root access. Open the app that you need to use root > The app says that not have root access > Go to security->Permissions->Root access > Allow the app. And its done

Has someone problems with WiFi connection? Because I have it. I'm the only one? Will it be fix? Xiaomi Mi 4W

Hi Guys,

First of all let me all thank you for all the great work you do and for pushing out all these updates every weekend, I'm right now interested in MiPad and think found a few bugs, could you please check these out whenever possible?:

= MiPad Web Browser =
(already did delete all browser data/cache just to be sure)

1. Websites get only added to the history if visited for the first time but after that even if you visit the same website next day, or the day after, they won't be re-added to the history for that day and the logcat has the following error:

Code:
W/System.err( 3596): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=17; index=18
W/System.err( 3596):    at java.util.Calendar.set(Calendar.java:1110)
W/System.err( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.history.HistoryDAO.performUpdateVisitedHistory(HistoryDAO.java:100)
W/System.err( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.history.HistoryDAO.access$600(HistoryDAO.java:22)
W/System.err( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.history.HistoryDAO$UpdateVisitedHistoryAction.run(HistoryDAO.java:296)
W/System.err( 3596):    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
W/System.err( 3596):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
W/System.err( 3596):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
W/System.err( 3596):    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
Just try to visit the same website twice and the above error should show up right away.

2. When trying to select an item in history to remove it browser caches, it has to do with a plural language missing for english it seems:

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596): Process: com.android.browser, PID: 3596
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596): android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Plural resource ID #0x7f110002 quantity=1 item=one
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.content.res.Resources.getQuantityText(Resources.java:287)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.content.res.Resources.getQuantityString(Resources.java:422)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.bookmark.MainIndicatedFragment.onSelectionChanged(MainIndicatedFragment.java:76)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.history.HistoryFragment$HistoryAdapter.notifySelectionChanged(HistoryFragment.java:175)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.history.HistoryFragment$HistoryAdapter.selectItem(HistoryFragment.java:332)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.history.HistoryFragment$HistoryAdapter.enterEditMode(HistoryFragment.java:302)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.bookmark.MainIndicatedFragment.enterEditMode(MainIndicatedFragment.java:229)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.bookmark.MainIndicatedFragment.access$700(MainIndicatedFragment.java:37)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at miui.browser.actions.bookmark.MainIndicatedFragment$OnItemLongClickListener.onItemLongClick(MainIndicatedFragment.java:289)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.widget.AbsListView.performLongPress(AbsListView.java:2995)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.widget.AbsListView$CheckForLongPress.run(AbsListView.java:2944)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5026)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:802)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3596):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
3. When entering a domain to the address bar it doesn't show entries from the history anymore. Not sure if this is a bug as there is no logcat problem as far as I can see but before the lastweeks update (5.1.9) it was working just fine but now the last two updates don't do this anymore.

4. It seems target="_blank" got broken in the last two updates, or at least for me it isn't working anymore, for e.g. try to load this url http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_a_target and click the "Visit W3Schools!" link on the right and you will see the browser opens the link in the same window. I tried logcat but couldn't see anything related so not sure if is a bug or supposed to be like this :)

= MiPad Weather =
(already did delete all app data/cache just to be sure)

1. When you click "Details" in the weather app it opens up an url in browser for the details but the url always defaults to zh, for e.g. : m.accuweather.com/zh/...

= MiPad Videos =

1. It seems video app is only portrait mode so it forces you to start in portrait mode even if you device is in landscape mode. This wasn't the case a few updates ago but it seem the app got updated lately and now it forces you into portrait mode.

= MiPad Calculator =

2. Same as with video app, the app forces you into portrait mode even if it works just fine in landscape mode. I tried removing the android:screenOrientation="portrait" from the AndroidManifests and they indeed work just perfectly fine so not sure why they are forced in portrait mode.

That would be all I found, I think the rest is just perfect, very happy with the latest updates and web browser is even faster now when reendering, not to mention the Email app which I think it's just perfect (except the grouping of emails on subject but can be overcome) so very happy with the rest, please keep it up like this and again thank you guys for all the effort/giving/provinding all these to us!

Regards,
Julius

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ingbrzy
How solve issue about playing YouTube videos through Miui browser. If use other browser it plays well. But I would like Miui browser app.
Thanks

Got new phone (black Mi4) and faced two issues so far. Can't find button to set default home screen anywhere (picture). Sounds in Alarms/Notificatios/Ringtones folders of internal memory don't show up in sound settings (Ogg Vorbis/Mono/44.1kHz).

Got new phone (black Mi4) and faced two issues so far. Can't find button to set default home screen anywhere (picture). Sounds in Alarms/Notificatios/Ringtones folders of internal memory don't show up in sound settings (Ogg Vorbis/Mono/44.1kHz).
To set default home screen :
Pinch with three fingers on any home screen to open edit mode for that.

Изпратено от Mi2S

Reactions: krassiy
Sorry for my english. Can I istall rom 5.1.16 on a Xiaomi MI4 LTE Version ? Can I have problem because is LTE version ? Thanks a lot

Ivan_Panayotov,
Thank you! What about internet browsing? What percentage of the battery is consumed in one hour internet browsing via Wi-Fi?

My mobile carrier's is not being displayed correctly.
I'm from Russia. We have a virtual carrier YOTA which is a part of MegaFon.
After installing this rom, YOTA disappeared from available networks and I'm being connected to MegaFon.
I read that it could happen because of the wrong network codes.
Could you fix it in the future releases?
I didn't have this issue neither on original Chinese rom nor on several Russian roms.

Got new phone (black Mi4) and faced two issues so far. ... Sounds in Alarms/Notificatios/Ringtones folders of internal memory don't show up in sound settings (Ogg Vorbis/Mono/44.1kHz).

Put them in the MIUI/rintones folder.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi MI 2S през Tapatalk

If i've install this ROM for MI3. Do i 'll get a OTA update And is this rom have a Chinese apps or already install Gapps

Status
Not open for further replies.