MULTI 5.10.15/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search by gesture on homescreen: yes, you can configure it
Blurred statusbar background: yes
ROOT manager in Security app: yes (in developer version)
Swipe to dialer on lockscreen and T9 search for EU langs: yes
Customized Google apps icons: yes (the xiomi customized ones)
Additional camera functions like Tilt-Shift: No, and in mi xiaomi.eu rom neither. It depends of your phone model, the rom only have a direct acces to your stock camera app. but you can download one of the thousands that are in play store. is not a problem.
MiDrive access in File Explorer and CRT-OFF animation: yes

Most of that things are directly ported from the official roms
then you are not speaking about en.miui.com Global ROMs...

so your Global ROM contain: search by gesture on homescreen, blurred statusbar background, ROOT manager in Security app, swipe to dialer on lockscreen and T9 search for EU langs, customized Google apps icons, additional camera functions like Tilt-Shift, MiDrive access in File Explorer and CRT-OFF animation..?
Global ROMs are mainly focused on India users and supports tens of indian language dialects... our ROMs are focused on EU users and always will be...
And dont forget they "port" roms to "global" ones even devices that only have China version like my Nexus 5

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: DaniRedmiNote2
Which languages your ROM provides?

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk
Languages of the countries in wich the phone as been officially released.
But I use always English cause I don like traslations wich can provoque failures in apps, for example the fc error thats only occur in some languages on last version 5.10.15/16

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Languages of the countries in wich the phone as been officially released.
But I use always English cause I don like traslations wich can provoque failures in apps, for example the fc error thats only occur in some languages on last version 5.10.15/16

Even miui devs have problems in translation or missing ones...
Previous official rom missing translation of one string in Lockscreen settings...
So even in english previous official rom they misses english strings...

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Official global ROMS are the official european roms and doesn't come with usefull chinese apps. It comes with most of the european languages. These roms are launched only when the handset are officially selled in europe. I think you refer the official chinese roms.

I tried official global ROM on my Mi2s some month before. I posted screenshot about the available languages that time. I looked for you, please find below. Since then they have added some Indian languages into Global ROM and thats all. Unfortunately, Xiaomi has never cared about European countries....I am pretty sure xiaomi.eu ROMs much better for European users (I can say it without any bias)

Attachments

• 501071_13-16-19-screenshot_2015-01-29-01-01-47.thumb.jpg
    501071_13-16-19-screenshot_2015-01-29-01-01-47.thumb.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
I tried official global ROM on my Mi2s some month before. I posted screenshot about the available languages that time. I looked for you, please find below. Since then they have added some Indian languages into Global ROM and thats all. Unfortunately, Xiaomi has never cared about European countries....I am pretty sure xiaomi.eu ROMs much better for Euripan users (I can say it without any bias)
English (uk) is an european language, in fact is the global official language and is the default language in global roms.
Mi2s device could have been released in different countries than other handsets. Official global roms have the languages of the countries in wich the phone have been released how I said before. Any case I am talking about Redmi Note 2 which is the phone that I own and I have tested.

Last edited:
Do you notice phone gets warmer with this last update?

I came from 9.11

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Yes I am speaking about en.miui.con miui global ROMS and chinese ones for Redmi Note 2
We are waiting for your link.
Ingbrzy already ask you to provide the link, but you didn't.
One thing, the stable version are never rooted. Only dev version.

Last edited:
We are waiting for your link.
Ingbrzy already ask you to provide the link, but you didn't.
One thing, the stable version are never rooted. Only dev version.
There are no link for global roms for redmi note 2 because there are no global roms for redmi note 2 yet. They are working on it and they will launch it soon as I have said, wich is a good news, cause xiaomi.eu developers can base their roms on it instead of chinese ones (is less work for eu developers cause it comes with Gapps preinstaled and no chinese apps so they can focus they efforts in translations or in improving the rom without the necessity of deleting preinstalled apps wich can cause inestability). And for people who wants to have their rom in english, can install the official rom directly without flashing a custom recovery and so on. I think is an advantage for all of us.
You can find the chinese roms (not global) in the miui official page selecting your device, in this particular case selecting Redmi Note 2.
On the other hand, only the dev version is rooted, you are right. The official dev team will launch 2 versions, the global one (not rooted) and the dev one (rooted).

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Official global ROMS are the official european roms and doesn't come with usefull chinese apps. It comes with most of the european languages. These roms are launched only when the handset are officially selled in europe. I think you refer the official chinese roms.
Sorry, I don't agree with you when you said "official global ROM are the official european"

Reactions: graw2
Sorry, I don't agree with you when you said "official global ROM are the official european"
You are right, my fault.
Are not officially european, are global, but is true that xiaomi is starting to sell in Europe, particulary in germany, france and uk which means that global roms will come also with the languages of these countries cause global roms comes with the languages in wich the phone is released.

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117213&highlight=Europe&mobile=2

Last edited:
English (uk) is an european language, in fact is the global official language and is the default language in global roms.
Mi2s device could have been released in different countries than other handsets. Official global roms have the languages of the countries in wich the phone have been released how I said before. Any case I am talking about Redmi Note 2 which is the phone that I own and I have tested.

English is not just one of the European languages, English is global/international language, ofc it is included.

Anyway, this topic is intended to talk about Xiaomi.eu ROM releases, and not to talk about other ROMs...Thx!

Reactions: thaimax
You are right, my fault.
Are not officially european, are global, but is true that xiaomi is starting to sell in Europe, particulary in germany, france and uk which means that global roms will come also with the languages of these countries cause global roms comes with the languages in wich the phone is released.

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117213&highlight=Europe&mobile=2
So you have not installed global ROM...

~Tapatalk Mi4W~

im on 5.10.8 (xiaomi.eu ROM) but when i search in updater.apk it says there is no update available!!!
so i have to download whole ROM?
i asked before flashing this rom on my Redmi Note 2 and u said that i can update via ota but now i cant see any ota update
what's going wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.