MULTI 5.11.12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infact, chinese strings are not in pin lock form but in Battery submenu (as mentioned in my previous message). The incomplete frame is in the pin lock form as displayed in the attached screenshot.
Stock browser does not contain chinese characters but is only subjected to frequent force closes, lately.

Inviato dal mio 2014813 utilizzando Tapatalk
Sorry if I didn't express myself clearly, but I understood right.
I can't find Chinese characters anywhere;
I don't have incomplete stuff in pin unlock;
I don't use inbuilt browser, so I don't know about that.

So at least these 2 first items must be bugs in Italian translation... The charging symbol bug is probably upstream.

Edit:
Yes, on that option menu from battery option, I do have Chinese characters (sorry I haven't confirmed it before - I don't use that options, so haven't noticed it before).

Last edited:
Hi,

i've configure english language but in the menu: Settings -> Additional Settings -> Battery & Performance -> Manage apps batery usage, it appears chinese characters...

Hello good afternoon,
I have a Mi 2S(Aries) in Miui 5.4.17 Beta
I already try to update it one time, but after it, I lose the internal memory partition (The simulated SD Card partition), because of the merge of the partitions I think.

- What the normal process to update to this new version?

- Do I have to flash something before, I update to this new version?

Best Regards

Mi 2S
Aries

Also have some wifi issues on Hermes. Authentication problem, but only in areas with low wifi signal. After authentication problem, phone won't auto connect to that wifi network even if its standing on top of the router. I just need to tap on that network again and phone connects so it's not big deal, only bit annoying.

Download speed from play store over mobile data is limited to 200-220 KB/s. On wifi is ok.

Vibration is very strong compared to weekly 5.10.22.

HDR doesnt work. Photos are the same as regular but phone marks them as HDR.

Otherwise it's a very good weekly rom. Battery is great, like 5.10.22.

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 2 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
Also have some wifi issues on Hermes. Authentication problem, but only in areas with low wifi signal. After authentication problem, phone won't auto connect to that wifi network even if its standing on top of the router. I just need to tap on that network again and phone connects so it's not big deal, only bit annoying.

Download speed from play store over mobile data is limited to 200-220 KB/s. On wifi is ok.

5.11.5 but it is better

Hello good afternoon,
I have a Mi 2S(Aries) in Miui 5.4.17 Beta
I already try to update it one time, but after it, I lose the internal memory partition (The simulated SD Card partition), because of the merge of the partitions I think.

- What the normal process to update to this new version?

- Do I have to flash something before, I update to this new version?

Best Regards

Mi 2S
Aries

Merge partition cannot be the reason because this feature is available from 5.4.24 release using MiFlash installation method only.
If you don't need merged partition just update from 5.4.17 to 5.11.12 via updater app or MiRecovery. Don't use CWM or other custom recovery. If you have issues with the ROM after the installation then go through all wipe options from MiRecovery.
If you need merged partition then flash 5.11.12 fastboot ROM first via MiFlash using flash all script, and then flash xiaomi.eu 5.11.12

Reactions: R57
Merge partition cannot be the reason because this feature is available from 5.4.24 release using MiFlash installation method only.
If you don't need merged partition just update from 5.4.17 to 5.11.12 via updater app or MiRecovery. Don't use CWM or other custom recovery. If you have issues with the ROM after the installation then go through all wipe options from MiRecovery.
If you need merged partition then flash 5.11.12 fastboot ROM first via MiFlash using flash all script, and then flash xiaomi.eu 5.11.12

Where can i find Mi2S Flashable Rom files of 5.11.12 for fastboot ?

I also have same problems. What should I wipe to downgrade to 5.10.22? I don't want to wipe data - if that is only solution, then i'll wait for some next version.

What's that?
40a365af54d004ebae657a7dfa4c5dd9.jpg

From my Redmi note 2 - Tapatalk

Redmi Note 2, *#*#6484#*#* doesn't work on this build? Any alternative for the QC Test hidden menu?

Hello,
I have the MI2S, since a few MIUI versions the gps is not working well in Google Maps.
The app gets the signal but after a few minutes it's lost, then it gets the signal again, the position is updated and then it loses the signal immediately after.
Also the compass in Google Maps doesn't work, when I make a turn the maps doesn't rotate.
I tried some older versions of Google Maps but the problem persists.

On Waze the gps seems to work well, I drove for more than 100km without problems.
The MIUI compass app is also working correctly.

Is there someone else experiencing the same problem?

Hello,
I have the MI2S, since a few MIUI versions the gps is not working well in Google Maps.
The app gets the signal but after a few minutes it's lost, then it gets the signal again, the position is updated and then it loses the signal immediately after.
Also the compass in Google Maps doesn't work, when I make a turn the maps doesn't rotate.
I tried some older versions of Google Maps but the problem persists.

On Waze the gps seems to work well, I drove for more than 100km without problems.
The MIUI compass app is also working correctly.

Is there someone else experiencing the same problem?

No, it works well for me. Permission Manager should be disabled, and Location mode High Accuracy should be enabled.

HUGE BUG ! Not sure if it was on the other developer versions before or not...:

I bought a MicroSD Card 64GB, when I insert it into my Redmi Note 2 Prime, I tried to mount it, the phone says it was either not formatted or had no contents, so it gives me the option to format it, when I click it, BAMMM... Next thing I know the phone reboots, goes into MiRecovery automatically and when it goes back to MIUI, I had the initial welcome screen, to configure the phone like it was the first time I had turned the phone on... :(

I lost all my home screens, I had Google Now Launcher installed, all went away... :(
The Micro SD card still wasn't recognised/formatted, but fortunately, the photos on the phone were intact, I don't know how.

I had to put the card into my other phone a Ulefone Be Pro with Android 4.4.1 to Format it, and only after, was it recognised in the Redmi Note 2 Prime... :(

Has anyone had the same experience? Previously I had a 32GB micro sd card and no problems, but I can't remember where I formatted it... But it worked fine. This card also works fine now, after I formatted it in the other phone...

Can anyone fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.