MULTI 5.11.19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the third i skip because of wifi bug... :\

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Only the two system partitions are supposed to get merged.
How did you check that the partitions aren't merged?

cause i jhave the 3.7gb for app and 10 or something for rest.
MErgin means i should have one big system like the mi4...am i right?

I Have xiaomi mi2s 32 gb and the battery very poor I saw one video in Youtube and the battery
Dropped at 5%.
what can I need to do ? Something idea ?
This phone is new.

I think there's some confusion about the merged partitions on Mi2s. The memory partitions (data and storage) had been merged months ago; now I think merged partitions are referred to system partitions, in other words the DualBoot (system 0 and system 1). So Aries will no longer have dual boot function, there is only one merged system. This is what I understood :)

Reactions: MikelFuchs
Redmi note 2 prime Portuguese language.

Getting WiFi turn off in deep sleep. When wake up device there is data turn on for seconds... Then WiFi starts again.

HDR seems to no be working.

Enviado do meu LG-D855 - - BlissPop 4.0.3 - 777Kernel R21 32G - - através de Tapatalk

I think there's some confusion about the merged partitions on Mi2s. The memory partitions (data and storage) had been merged months ago; now I think merged partitions are referred to system partitions, in other words the DualBoot (system 0 and system 1). So Aries will no longer have dual boot function, there is only one merged system. This is what I understood :)

yes but i coontinue having the double partition, 3.7gb for app and xx for rest adn i need more for app

yes but i coontinue having the double partition, 3.7gb for app and xx for rest adn i need more for app
You should have installed Miui version 5.5.15 which merge the two memory partitions.. Unfortunately this zip can not longer be found.. So the only thing you can do is change the partitions table, and move some gb from data's partition to app's partition

No, this update doesn't merge the partition of app and the partition of data! This update merge the double system! System 0 and system 1!

what? I mean i always had 3.7gb for app and rest for data, it suppose change and merge the partitions. What the hell means that it merge the two system partition?

what? I mean i always had 3.7gb for app and rest for data, it suppose change and merge the partitions. What the hell means that it merge the two system partition?
Ok, I'm italian and my english is not perfect, but I'll try to explain myself.
Aries has two different "partitions":

1) Memory Partitions: Mi2s at the beginning has memory for the apps (the famous 3.7 Gb), and memory for Data (such as documents, multimedial file). In the 5.5.15 version of Miui, Xiaomi decided to merge this two MEMORY partitions in one memory: you should have had to flash the 5.5.15 Miui zip via Mi PC Suite and fastboot. Unfortunately this zip is no longer avaiable, it's too old, and flash the most recent update via Mi PC Suite will not work. So the only thing you can do is change the partition's table, and bring some Gb from Data partition to Apps partition.

2) System partitions: Mi2s, such as some other Xiaomi's devices, has two system: system 1 and system 2. When you flash a zip from Updater app, it will be flashed into the system not in use (for example if you are in system 2 with Miui 5.11.12, updater will flash the update 5.11.19 into system 1, so if something goes wrong, you can switch into system 2 via recovery and return to Miui 5.11.12). After the Miui 5.11.19/20 Update, this SYSTEM partitions will be merged, so via recovery you'll be not longer able to switch from system 1 to system 2 and vice versa, because there'll be only one unique system!

Hope you understand

i have updated my rom to this version. and now i cant activate my simcard.
i can connect to MI Account and my phone is there. but when i want to sync messages or call logs or when i want to add a recovery email and... it want from me to activate my simcard and when i accept that it says that cant activate ur simcard.
so what is the problem? is there anyone else that has faced same problem?

1) Memory Partitions: Mi2s at the beginning has memory for the apps (the famous 3.7 Gb), and memory for Data (such as documents, multimedial file). In the 5.5.15 version of Miui, Xiaomi decided to merge this two MEMORY partitions in one memory: you should have had to flash the 5.5.15 Miui zip via Mi PC Suite and fastboot. Unfortunately this zip is no longer avaiable, it's too old, and flash the most recent update via Mi PC Suite will not work. So the only thing you can do is change the partition's table, and bring some Gb from Data partition to Apps partition.

2) System partitions: Mi2s, such as some other Xiaomi's devices, has two system: system 1 and system 2. When you flash a zip from Updater app, it will be flashed into the system not in use (for example if you are in system 2 with Miui 5.11.12, updater will flash the update 5.11.19 into system 1, so if something goes wrong, you can switch into system 2 via recovery and return to Miui 5.11.12). After the Miui 5.11.19/20 Update, this SYSTEM partitions will be merged, so via recovery you'll be not longer able to switch from system 1 to system 2 and vice versa, because there'll be only one unique system!

Hope you understand

perfectly and i knew it but with this update i should see only one partition totally. Hope it's right!
Now i see the two partition
I see there should be 5.11.20 and not .19.
There's no image of tgz miflash of .20 everywhere
Via Mipc suite i put in fastwboot he shows me the 5.11.20 updte beta but as always 0 kb\s and aftwer 2 minutes its says "impossible to go"

Hope you understand
Flash a fastboot rom with flash_all.bat will merge data and sd-card partitions.
The sd-card will be a virtual partition in the data partition.

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Redmi Note 2 Prime
Hello, today I re-installed version 5.11.5, as the next had problems with Wi-Fi. 5.11.5 and 'absolutely perfect with Wi-Fi, is not disconnected, notifications WhatsApp, Viber arrive immediately

Reactions: Igor_Coutinho
Status
Not open for further replies.