MULTI 5.11.19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people, i have a Dual SIM Original XIAOMI Hongmi /Redmi Note 2 4G FDD LTE Snapdragon 410 1.2GHz 64 Bit 1GB 8GB 5.5 Inch HD IPS 13.0MP 3100mAh
Can you tell me what ROM e need to choose?

So i flashed last china stable rom 7.0.8.0 via fastboot on my redmi note 2 and i had no problem with wifi disconnect. left it on wifi with data off for 15 mins, and it didn't dc. i didn't change anything in my router. i'm flashing china weekly 5.11.19 so i'll test wifi and HDR with that rom, and last i'll flash xiaomi.eu weekly 5.11.19
maybe i might let phone little bit longer in deep sleep on stable rom, just to be sure, but i'm afraid i won't be able to test all three roms tonight, and i'm doing it for this weekly in first place
it takest time, but i'll post my experience tonight, i hope

Reactions: Igor_Coutinho
@ingbrzy any tips on how to resolve this issue?

- I updated my Mi2s to 5.11.19, that was ok
- I did update to 5.11.20, after that my device went into bootloop and after that the whole update got removed from this thread.
- I removed the battery and now my device only boots into fastboot mode
- I tried to flash 5.11.19 using miflash but the errormessage as above showed up

If you still have this issue install fastboot china dev 5.11.20 with MiFlash wipe all script and then install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 via updater app. itt will work, tested....

Heyho,
Thank you very much for this ROM!
But I have a question:
Is it possible to connect Google-Search with the home screen quicksearch?
By me its loading for years when I want to search something in web. (Screenshot) I think its because its trying to search with baidu, and I'm living in Europe..
Is it possible to edit this, that it will search with Google in the next update?
Thank you!
in search settings disable "Web"

in search settings disable "Web"
No that wasn't what I meant. I asked if its possible to change the " searchengine" (if there is one) to google in one of the next versions. So we in Europe (or others) can use this feature too. I think it would very cool if we can search through this in google.

No, any fastboot upadte after 5.4.24 merge Data partition with the internal storage.
I updated with a fastboot rom of september and it merged the partitions. Obviously using the flash_all.bat file. Check in the file. It flash the (new) partition table

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Someone knows why en.miui.com deleted Miui 5.11.19/20 for Aries? When we'll be able to merge system partitions? 5.11.20 is still not avaiable

You can merge system partitions already, just install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 two times via updater app. So, if you already have 5.11.19 installed on your Mi2S just install it again via updater app and you will see. Before install it make sure you have USB debugging enabled in developer options! You can check result by df command in Terminal Emilator. System size should be 1009,3MB after merged systems successfully.

Other way to get merged system partitions is flash china dev fastboot ROM 5.11.20 via MiFlash with wipe all script and the install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 once via updater app

Last edited:
Reactions: joe andre
You can merge system partitions already, just install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 two times. So, if you already have 5.11.19 installed on your Mi2S just install it again via updater app and you will see. Before install it make sure you have USB debugging enabled in developer options! You can check result by df command in Terminal Emilator. System size should be 1009,3MB after merged systems successfully.

Other way to get merged system partitions is flash china dev fastboot ROM 5.11.20 via MiFlash with wipe all script and the install xiaomi.eu 5.11.19 once via updater app
Ok, I've flashed 5.11.19 via custom recovery (twrp) and partitions are not merged; so zip must be flashed two times via Updater app, right?

Ok, I've flashed 5.11.19 via custom recovery (twrp) and partitions are not merged; so zip must be flashed two times via Updater app, right?

I have no TWRP, I have stock MiRecovery...anyway 5.11.19 has to be installed via upadter app 2 times. Tested and it works. You may lose TWRP or data after the installation....make backup.

Dear Xaiomi.eu team

1/ I come back with some good news with the LEO ROM aka MI NOTE PRO
I had with the previous rom 5.11.12 some crazy bug = 3 reboots during a call
Now with this version since all the week-end tested , actually all is fine (for ingbrzy = no need log)

2/my last comment is concerning the V7 MIUI Music Player
Why since V7 , the album covers are not displayed , is totally ridiculous to have a super phone a super ROM
but no covers in the original player
SEE PICTURES=>
Screenshot_2015-11-21-09-03-33_com.miui.player.png

I updated with a fastboot rom of september and it merged the partitions. Obviously using the flash_all.bat file. Check in the file. It flash the (new) partition table

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

I meant officially the 5.4.24 fastboot ROM was the first release with merge data partition option using MiFlash and flash_all.bat script.
The 5.4.15 fastboot version has not been released. You can find all aries fatboot ROM here: all china dev fastboot ROM collection for aries

Last edited:
Thanks for the update guys.
A couple of issues since many ROMs on my Mi4c:
  • the clock is locked and refresh only after the screen is turned on
  • The annoying tone when the phone is plugged to the power supply is always present even if in quite period
Is anyone noticed these problems?

I have no TWRP, I have stock MiRecovery...anyway 5.11.19 has to be installed via upadter app 2 times. Tested and it works. You may lose TWRP or data after the installation....make backup.
Thanks a lot! It works :D itching to see the increase of speed of 5.11.20 and above :D
Screenshot_2015-11-22-23-19-25_jackpal.androidterm.png

Yes I've lost TWRP, but after the second flash of 5.11.19 via Updater, I reflashed again TWRP (via adb and fastboot). I love sMiui's CenterClock Mod, and the only way to install it is to flash it via custom recovery :)

Yes I've lost TWRP, but after the second flash of 5.11.19 via Updater, I reflashed again TWRP (via adb and fastboot). I love sMiui's CenterClock Mod, and the only way to install it is to flash it via custom recovery :)

OK, but be careful, if you have option in TWRP "reboot to system two", do not do this because system two is no longer exists. It can be cause boot issue. The same applies to MiRecovery users too.

TWRP doesn't have the option to switch and reboot on system 2, this recovery install everything only on system 1 :) however thanks for the warning! :D

TWRP doesn't have the option to switch and reboot on system 2, this recovery install everything only on system 1 :) however thanks for the warning! :D

Thats good!:) ...but MiRecovery still has option to "reboot to system two" after merged systems. So, in this case that warning applies for stock MiRecovery users ;)

Reactions: JohnLocke
So, to continue my post on Redmi Note 2 WIFI issue:

On official china weekly phone went in deep sleep (data off, wlan on) but it did wake eventually and my whatsapp messages came through with 5-10 minutes delay. Possibly default chinese app/apps were waking phone, and as soon as it's wake, it connects to wifi. I have used it for an hour, so i didn't do any deeper checking, and i didn't freeze or delete default chinese apps. HDR doesn't wor on china weekly

On xiaomi.eu weekly it went in deep deep sleep. Too deep. I turned off data, gave autostart permission, all notification to whatsapp/viber etc. In WLAN advanced settings i left "keeep wlan on deep sleep-Always", turned on sync. Phone connected on wifi, cleared running apps, then locked. almost immediately it went in that deep sleep, and no IM messages or emails were delivered, not even after 40 minutes. As soon as something wakes phone, physical wake, or incoming call/SMS message, phone then connects to wifi and messages start comming through. HDR doesn't work

Now the router:
I have FRITZ!box 7330 at home, and by default it's set to WPA encryption, WPA mode: WPA+WPA2. I switched WPA mode to TKIP(WPA), then WPA2(CCMP), no difference. Then i switched to WEP encryption, and lastly i left my wifi free, non-encrypted. The problem remains always on all settings, and damn phone is not connected to WLAN when in deep sleep, all instant messages are not delivered until i wake the phone.

I didn't change router settings when the phone was on chinese roms, i did it only for xiaomi.eu rom.

Hope this helps, cause i spent whole sunday evening and half of afternoon flashing my phone. I can't do this every day unless i want my wife divorce me ;)

Last edited:
So, to continue my post on Redmi Note 2 WIFI issue:

On official china weekly phone went in deep sleep (data off, wlan on) but it did wake eventually and my whatsapp messages came through with 5-10 minutes delay. Possibly default chinese app/apps were waking phone, and as soon as it's wake, it connects to wifi. I have used it for an hour, so i didn't do any deeper checking, and i didn't freeze or delete default chinese apps. HDR doesn't wor on china weekly

On xiaomi.eu weekly it went in deep deep sleep. Too deep. I turned off data, gave autostart permission, all notification to whatsapp/viber etc. In WLAN advanced settings i left "keeep wlan on deep sleep-Always", turned on sync. Phone connected on wifi, cleared running apps, then locked. almost immediately it went in that deep sleep, and no IM messages or emails were delivered, not even after 40 minutes. As soon as something wakes phone, physical wake, or incoming call/SMS message, phone then connects to wifi and messages start comming through. HDR doesn't work

Now the router:
I have FRITZ!box 7330 at home, and by default it's set to WPA encryption, WPA mode: WPA+WPA2. I switched WPA mode to TKIP(WPA), then WPA2(CCMP), no difference. Then i switched to WEP encryption, and lastly i left my wifi free, non-encrypted. The problem remains always on all settings, and damn phone is not connected to WLAN when in deep sleep, all instant messages are not delivered until i wake the phone.

I didn't change router settings when the phone was on chinese roms, i did it only for xiaomi.eu rom.

Hope this helps, cause i spent whole sunday evening and half of afternoon flashing my phone. I can't do this every day unless i want my wife divorce me ;)

Hi K0sta, a great work and your great commitment. Sorry I do not speak English and I translated with Google. I returned to version 5.11.5 and I have solved the problems of the Rom 5.11.12/13 and 05.11.19/20. The Wi-Fi disconnects after more than 60 minutes, so quite a long time, all notifications arrive immediately. I do not know that you are using Rom
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime. Ciao Stefano

Status
Not open for further replies.