MULTI 5.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you again.

this solution did not solve the problem either.

it looks that i cannot clear the data of the download manager. it always stays at 156kb data. while the others reset to 0 kb. i am not sure if that is just a display bug though.

also when i end them manually, they start right back up. i cannot disable them

My last idea is try to wipe all data (full wipe) from recovery

I lose GPS signal after a couple minutes of using it when out running with Endomondo, but I don't really know if it is a problem with the settings (because betwen so many permissions and battery saving options it is easy to forget something) or if it is a rom problem...

Besides that, I also have a problem with the alarm clock when the phone is turned off. The phone starts and the alarm clock rings, but just for like 5-10 sec and then the screen stays the same (like if it was ringing) but there is no sound. Again, I don't really know if it is a problem with the settings or with the rom.

My device is MI2S and my ROM is 5.12.17

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate.

Regarding GPS issue try to disable Permission Manager via security app and check again

Alarm works well here even if the phone switched off

Have you tried fastboot flashing the latest global developer beta beta from en.miui.com and then updating to the latest version of xiaomi.eu multi ROM..??

i have had the rom for 3 weeks and the problem started 4 days ago. do you think its a problem with the rom?

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why some of you guys turn the phone off when going to sleep?
I mean, what's the benefit?

I only put it in airplane mode, and only lose 1 or 2% of battery...

Turning phone off before sleep was something I used to do before having android phones... They didn't have airplane mode, and were fast to turn on.

Sent from my Redmi 2 (2014813) using Tapatalk

I turn the phone off mainly for 2 reasons: first, because I have tried leaving it on during the night and it would lose about 5-10% (probably it was the ROM and now it must be better in regard to this); the other thing was that sometimes I forgot to turn off the airplane mode in the morning xD

Reactions: thaimax
Regarding GPS issue try to disable Permission Manager via security app and check again

Alarm works well here even if the phone switched off

I have been arround the settings in the permission app and the battery saving options and have created the apropriate exceptions for the app (even though I couldn't find the google play services app there as I would also like to try giving it the permissions becouse it is many times linked with this type of problems). I will try it tomorrow and then I will say how it went.

I didn't mention earlier but I am using sMIUI. Do you think that the alarm problem can be caused by some change they made to the rom?

(...) the other thing was that sometimes I forgot to turn off the airplane mode in the morning xD
If it was me, concerning this reason, I would rather use Tasker and try to setup a profile that would turn airplane off after alarm xD

Anyway, I get your point.

Sent from my Redmi 2 (2014813) using Tapatalk

hey, I happened to have the exact same problem on the Mi2. Not sure why does the different partition cause an issue now. Anyways, can you please please please post the exact steps you followed for recovery? Let it be a noob step too, we can save time over questions. Did you lose your data during the process? What is a ZTEMT?

Thanks much & appreciate your help!

Hi,

ZTEMT is a utility from ZTE that can be used to flash Qualcomm based phones under QDloader or QDiag mode.

Yes, I lost all of my data in the process and also my IMEI and BT MAC.
On 2nd thought, if you desperately want your data, you can try to dump the partition using dd, mount it on your PC, and scan it with file-recovery software... I didn't try it...

When the IMEI (EFS partitions) is lost, the phone will boot 1st time after ~20 minutes, and then will not boot again most of the times. if it will boot again, it will be buggy and stucky...

I have 7 Mi2S in my family, two of them nearly-bricked after the update, in the other 5 I did the upgrade step by step after backing up all the data.

steps:
1. backup the EFS partitions (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-backup-efs-folder-imei.22108/)
2. turn on the phone under qdloader mode
3. open MiFlash-2012-11-06 or ZTEMT, and flash the latest fastboot version on the device (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEuFIvBaSj2ize5pr-fE7XnJDBxSw) - it will build the new partition structure and flash the image to the phone.
4. after flashing completed successfully , reboot the phone into fastboot mode and install CWM recovery (with TWRP you cant access via adb...)
5. Boot into recovery mode and dd back the EFS partitions via adb.
6. reboot to fastboot mode and install the original recovery back.
7. reboot the phone and wait about 10 minutes for 1st init and startup.
8. if the phone not booting after 10 minutes (happened to me one time...), start it in fastboot mode, and flash again the same fastboot image using MiFlash-2012-11-06 (NOT ZTEMT) - it will use the new partition structure.
9. if you want a multi version, download it to the phone, rename it to update.zip, install it via recovery. (be sure to wipe all right after) - wait 10 more minutes for 1st init and startup (again :) )

I hope I didn't miss any step...

of course, everything you do is at your own risk.

Good luck!

I have been arround the settings in the permission app and the battery saving options and have created the apropriate exceptions for the app (even though I couldn't find the google play services app there as I would also like to try giving it the permissions becouse it is many times linked with this type of problems). I will try it tomorrow and then I will say how it went.

I meant for GPS issue: Security>Permissions>Settings (upper right corner)> Disable permission manager (In this case the permissions for apps will be assigned automatically)

Furthermore set location mode to High accuracy of course.

I am not use Endomondo but I am using Google Mpas and HERE very often and I have never had any GPS issue.

I didn't mention earlier but I am using sMIUI. Do you think that the alarm problem can be caused by some change they made to the rom?

I am pretty sure...sMIUI based on xiaomi.eu builds but can be deeply modded (it depends on what kind of ROM you cook in the kitchen) so, we should handle issues separately...

Since fixing that, my gmail is not syncing automatically anymore. Sync is turned on. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

I have found that although active in Gmail and synchronization, e-mails soon followed. I solved this on board, using the email Miui in which you can set the time of automatic controls.

Io ho riscontrato che anche se Gmail e attivo nelle sincronizzazioni, le mail tardano ad arrivare. Ho risolto questo su consiglio, utilizzando la mail di Miui nella quale puoi settare il tempo dei controlli automatici.

I lose GPS signal after a couple minutes of using it when out running with Endomondo, but I don't really know if it is a problem with the settings (because betwen so many permissions and battery saving options it is easy to forget something) or if it is a rom problem...

Besides that, I also have a problem with the alarm clock when the phone is turned off. The phone starts and the alarm clock rings, but just for like 5-10 sec and then the screen stays the same (like if it was ringing) but there is no sound. Again, I don't really know if it is a problem with the settings or with the rom.

My device is MI2S and my ROM is 5.12.17

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate.
Hi. I am experiencing the exact same problem with Endomondo: after 4 minutes I lose GPS for the rest of the excercise. This is an Endomondo problem. Yesterday I tried the same thing with Runtastic: no such problem. Perfect statistics for the whole ride. Just before using Runtastic I did the same thing with Endomondo: 4 minutes in, I lost GPS. Today did another test: using an GPS application for mobile speedcams (got perfect GPS) and using Endomondo at the same time (so to be sure that GPS was on and location was perfect) but same problem. Endomondo lost GPS. Made a request at Endomondo for this. I am on Mi2S and version 5.11.12 .

Here it is

u0_a151@HM2013023:/ $ df
Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/dev 481.1M 128.0K 480.9M 4096
/sys/fs/cgroup 481.1M 0.0K 481.1M 4096
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory: Permission denied
/mnt/secure 481.1M 0.0K 481.1M 4096
/mnt/asec 481.1M 0.0K 481.1M 4096
/mnt/obb 481.1M 0.0K 481.1M 4096
/sys/fs/cgroup 481.1M 0.0K 481.1M 4096
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory: Permission denied
/sys/fs/cgroup/freezer: Permission denied
/system 639.8M 584.1M 55.6M 4096
/data 2.0G 1.6G 368.5M 4096
/cache 124.0M 18.6M 105.4M 4096
/mnt/cd-rom 1.2M 1.2M 0.0K 2048
/protect_f 8.8M 4.1M 4.8M 4096
/protect_s 8.8M 4.0M 4.8M 4096
/mnt/media_rw/sdcard0: Permission denied
/mnt/secure/asec: Permission denied
/storage/sdcard0 815.8M 687.0M 128.8M 16384
/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1: Permission denied
/storage/sdcard1 29.7G 28.1G 1.6G 32768
1|u0_a151@HM2013023:/ $

Is it ok? Its valid for you?

Anyone has bluetooth problems with this ROM? I had the same a few ROMs ago, and now it's return, bluetooth headset looses conectivity for a few seconds and then returns.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk
unfortunately, in MIUI7 bluetooth looks broken
i have an entry price Motorola H350 earphone which was working perfectly in MIUI5, now my Mi2s act as it wasnt connected
The device is paired ok but on phone calls i only have the "speaker" icon and not the expected "switch" icon, sometime it appear for 0.5 seconds.
Just to be sure the bluetooth of my phone was physically defective, i tried with an external bluetooth speaker (one able to handle calls) : bluetooth association crashed(FC'ed) maybe 10x before succeeding and then the "switch" icon was fully working and enabling the third icon line.
I didnt find any good report thread yet about MIUI7 bluetooth problems, only a few reporting random and approximate behaviors

Last edited:
Tomorrow we will have another Weekly? (I ask because tomorrow is Christmas)

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.