MULTI 5.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happen that the battery jump 2% at once - capita ogni tanto che ma batteria salti di 2%

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

All roms rebuilt:
- Fixed weather city search for other than EN langs
- Fixed Font settings
- Added Authenticator app for 2steps Xiaomi account login
- Added PT-BR translation

Google play services keep crashing with this rom on RedRice. Tried to flash gapps for 4.4.2 but didn't work.
Is there a workaround to resolve this ?

4c648a893c67288a79e4b3f2b1cd47df.jpg

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

Weather App icon refreshes in english?
The Ota update is the new rebuilt version? Thank you.

Many thanks guys! Phone is actually updating!
Just one question; When I make an update from 5.12.10 to 5.12.17, should I wipe something?

Please check the notes section of this post >> http://en.miui.com/thread-185682-1-1.html

If you have modified your partitions manually then you need to fastboot flash rom with wipe all and then restore user data as since 5.11.20 system partitions have been merged for Mi2/s

Solution is also available in the same post.

Just download MiFlash tool >> http://obigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone2015731.exe and latest fastboot ROM >> http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.12.17/aries_images_5.12.17_20151126.0000.5_5.0_cn_2f8e1abcbc.tgz and follow the instructions at >> http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Hope it helps you. Cheers!

Thanks for the advice.

After flashing with ZTEMT (fastboot didn't work in first times) the PT is ok now and i can do fastboot flash with MiFlash.

But now there is another problem.
After flashing the latest fastboot version, everything is OK, but in Chinese version, so i want to update it to the multi version.
I copied the latest multi version to the device and installed it (via updater and recovery - multiple times...).
the phone boots up just fine (but very slow, takes 8 minutes!).
the problem is that after reboot, the phone is stuck with the boot animation.

Matt is trying to assist me with this issue, but for now we didn't find nothing.

If anyone have an idea how to solve it, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Reactions: whoami
You made a mistake when you installed this ROM onto individually modified partitions layout.

Anyway, have you tried to flash latest Fatboot ROM via MiFlash with flash all script? I am pretty sure it will be fixed your phone...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yes, you right, I know.
It's a bad habit of mine to not read the RN before installing new update, only after...

at start the MiFlash had some errors about the partition sizes, so I used the 3pin trick and ZTEMT to flash new fastboot version.

now the problem is that after changing to multi version the phone is stuck on the boot animation...

Thanks for the advice.

After flashing with ZTEMT (fastboot didn't work in first times) the PT is ok now and i can do fastboot flash with MiFlash.

But now there is another problem.
After flashing the latest fastboot version, everything is OK, but in Chinese version, so i want to update it to the multi version.
I copied the latest multi version to the device and installed it (via updater and recovery - multiple times...).
the phone boots up just fine (but very slow, takes 8 minutes!).
the problem is that after reboot, the phone is stuck with the boot animation.

Matt is trying to assist me with this issue, but for now we didn't find nothing.

If anyone have an idea how to solve it, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Once the partition structure is fixed after fastboot flash of the Chinese ROM, copy the latest multi ROM on a fat32 USB drive, reboot into fastboot mode and flash twrp. Reboot into twrp with the USB OTG connected. Advance wipe all in twrp and install the new multi ROM. Hope this helps. Sorry if the post doesn't make sense. I have a hangover :)

Everything works OK on my Mi2S - Greek lang except for the weather icon which is no big deal.
Thanks guys !!!

Reactions: graw2
I have a redmi note 2 prime (Hermes) with 5.12.10 . Today I recieved the ota for the 5.12.17. But I'm not sure if this is the first build or the rebuilt one, can you tell me which one I'm receiving?

with this rom redmi note 2 my battery dropped from 99% to 33% in 6 minutes after a full night recharging

I had my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime all day with screen turned on on my dashboard, using Bluetooth all day, 3G all day, WiFi only on when available, navigation on only when needed (as short as possible) auto brightness set to off, dimmed screen brightness to lowest acceptable level, and see how it turned out on 5.12.10..... I'm not sure if I should update to 5.10.17...... Over 9hrs display ON time with one full charge.... Can I ever beat that?

Screenshot_2015-12-19-22-50-17_com.gsamlabs.bbm.png

I am constantly getting fc for "Download manager", "media storage" and "android.process.media" is that playstore related? phone is mi3 with last cancro rom.

cant use camera or gallery. and cant download from playstore.

problem started this weekend. any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: Krypton and v3nom
I have installed the latest update..

Weather widget doesn't work it shows 0 degrees, even when changing between Languages or restart it sometimes works sometimes it doesn't!

Also the fun weather app doesn’t open!

When restart sometimes this crash log appears:
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.miui.powerkeeper.cloudcontrol.CloudUpdateManager.registerCloudUpdateListener(com.miui.powerkeeper.PowerKeeperInterface$CloudUpdateCallback)' on a null object reference
at com.miui.powerkeeper.PowerKeeperManager.registerCloudUpdateListener(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.powerkeeper.provider.PowerKeeperConfigureManager$3.run(Unknown Source)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:815)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:104)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:194)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

I have a Redmi Note 2 and Redmi 2 pro,

why am I not getting OTA updates on my Redmi Note 2 , why do i have to download manually to update?

Thanks for the help!

@ingbrzy
I'm on latest weekly for MI4, that thread is closed so I'm writing here. From this morning I started getting errors "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.", "Unfortunately, Media Storage has stopped." and "Unfortunately, Download Manager has stopped.". I tried wiping cache and it's still the same. I can't access file explorer or gallery, nor can I see anything when I connect it to pc. Phone worked normally until today. Do you know how to solve this? I even "updated" phone again with the latest version and it didn't help.

Reactions: rattensuppe
I have redmi 2 (2014813) and don't have any problem with weather app, weather widget work. Using only English language. Using last rebuild rom.

Thats exactly my issue. so most likely gapps related

@ingbrzy
I'm on latest weekly for MI4, that thread is closed so I'm writing here. From this morning I started getting errors "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.", "Unfortunately, Media Storage has stopped." and "Unfortunately, Download Manager has stopped.". I tried wiping cache and it's still the same. I can't access file explorer or gallery, nor can I see anything when I connect it to pc. Phone worked normally until today. Do you know how to solve this? I even "updated" phone again with the latest version and it didn't help.

Something wrong. i cant step the part of xiaomi account.
Give me error and reverse to the last step.
I try to a fresh install.

Mi4c

I had my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime all day with screen turned on on my dashboard, using Bluetooth all day, 3G all day, WiFi only on when available, navigation on only when needed (as short as possible) auto brightness set to off, dimmed screen brightness to lowest acceptable level, and see how it turned out on 5.12.10..... I'm not sure if I should update to 5.10.17...... Over 9hrs display ON time with one full charge.... Can I ever beat that?

View attachment 10943
Sorry dude, but i highly doubt that result on one full charge.

What did you do with phone, just left it unlocked, or watched video most of the time?

Rn2 battery get hot, like 40 degrees celsius after only 20-30 minutes web browsing on 3G, and it's the same on all ROM's so far. 3G burns battery like crazy.

My best result was 6h30m SOT combined 3G and WiFi, and few calls. And that was without bluetooth.

I have rn2 almost 3 months now and 2 of my friends have it also. Noone had that SOT.

Unless you show screen shot of battery consumption chart/curve i don't belive this result.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.