MULTI 5.4.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade of micloud space still does not work, no way to get more space. It says " could not login"

Wipe all data recommended. It will wipe everything including your apps as well, but excluding internal storage. But If you like to keep your apps, you can try first wipe user data only and check if everything is working fine...or not...

Sent from Xiaomi Mi2S [MIUIv6-5.0] using Tapatalk

Successfully updated! :)
I managed to retrieve all contacts, photos, music etc. I only had to re-install all the apps, not a big problem :)

Thanks for your help man, and thanks to the xiaomi.eu staff for the wonderful job!

Up to now, the rom seems to work good. I notices only a few issues:
- ussd codes not working (can't check my credit by ussd)
- FM radio not working (both with and without headphones)
- the "adblock" function for downloaded app is missing (as far as i remember, there was such a function in "security" in V5)

Reactions: graw2
Upgraded last night on Mi2.
Still several problems:

Play store gives error 492 and I am unable to install new apps. Updating apps works fine. Already wiped phone cache and reinstalled play store.

Missed calls dont appear as a notification:
When someone calls me and I dont pick up after several rings the screen says 'denied' and the phone call is denied. This results in no notification and happens quite quick.
If however the caller decides to hang up himself before my phone decides to deny the conversation i do get a notification.

Any way to fix this?

Those are the main two problems that I have at this moment.

Still several problems:

Play store gives error 492 and I am unable to install new apps. Updating apps works fine. Already wiped phone cache and reinstalled play store.

When someone calls me and I dont pick up after several rings the screen says 'denied' and the phone call is denied. This results in no notification and happens quite quick.
If however the caller decides to hang up himself before my phone decides to deny the conversation i do get a notification.

Any way to fix this?

Wipe cache is not enough. Wipe all data is needed after first install MIUIv6-L

Wipe cache is not enough. Wipe all data is needed after first install MIUIv6-L

Sorry, I missed a bit of info out:
The version I am comming from is 5.4.10 V6 :) Hence the incomplete wipe. During the upgrade from V5 to V6 I did a full wipe.

Sorry, I missed a bit of info out:
The version I am comming from is 5.4.10 V6 :) Hence the incomplete wipe. During the upgrade from V5 to V6 I did a full wipe.
In this case you shouldn't have any issue regarding play store and google services.
Anyway If I were you I would try wipe all data once more and check issue again

Redmi 2 (2gb/16gb): as for previous build, this new release has toogle names in english even though I set up italian language.

Hello

Google Hangouts keeps crashing even after reinstall and wipe cache.

It was working in previous version

Envoyé de mon MI 3W

There is an issue with Miui mail client. It's not more possible to anthenticate the smtp server(provider's login and password) if it's different from "mymaildomain"'s provider. It shows always " mymaildomain" login and password and this cannot be modified.

Still several problems:

Any way to fix this?

I wiped ALL data again, but sadly that didn;t resolve my problems. However, I did find out that the 492 error is app-dependant. Smaller apps install just fine, however bigger apps, like games, give 492 error almost all the time. Oh well, I can live without games so Im just hoping it may eventually solve itself.

The missed call thing however is a much bigger issue. I cannot trust to use my phone for important calls anymore, since it does not tell me wether or not I missed a call or not. It only tells me when/if the caller decides to hang up himself before it goes to voicemail, which of course hardly ever happens.

Anyone else with this problem? Any fix?

I wiped ALL data again, but sadly that didn;t resolve my problems. However, I did find out that the 492 error is app-dependant. Smaller apps install just fine, however bigger apps, like games, give 492 error almost all the time. Oh well, I can live without games so Im just hoping it may eventually solve itself.

The missed call thing however is a much bigger issue. I cannot trust to use my phone for important calls anymore, since it does not tell me wether or not I missed a call or not. It only tells me when/if the caller decides to hang up himself before it goes to voicemail, which of course hardly ever happens.

Anyone else with this problem? Any fix?
Regarding missed call notification issue :

Go to notification manager and find notification for contacts & calls, disable and re-enable led notification will solve this issue.

Regarding missed call notification issue :

Go to notification manager and find notification for contacts & calls, disable and re-enable led notification will solve this issue.

Im affraid that did not fix the problem.
My version is translated so it may be a bit different, but the closest thing that I can find under notification and then 'manage', is something that translates to 'contacts and keyboard block'. Nothing in that list looks like it has anything to do with actual calls.

However, I am able to disable and re-enable the led, but still i only get a missed call when the caller decides not to wait for voicemail but hangs up before my phone sends the call to voicemail.

Maybe I am in the entirely wrong menu. Could you type out the path to get to the menu you are talking about? Mine is 'settings->notifications->manage notifications->conctacts and keyboardblock'

My version is translated so it may be a bit different, but the closest thing that I can find under notification and then 'manage', is something that translates to 'contacts and keyboard block'. Nothing in that list looks like it has anything to do with actual calls.

However, I am able to disable and re-enable the led, but still i only get a missed call when the caller decides not to wait for voicemail but hangs up before my phone sends the call to voicemail.

Maybe I am in the entirely wrong menu. Could you type out the path to get to the menu you are talking about? Mine is 'settings->notifications->manage notifications->conctacts and keyboardblock'
Well, for the third week I try to upgrade Mi2s to Lollipop, even with full wipe everything works until Google update, or Gmail apk or Service Google play, and then the same issue, Problem with service Google, tried to uninstall re install and many different other tricks but result is the same Not enough memories, it shows some time 14Mb, even when I have 1Gb.
I think the best is to wait from China FlashBoot Rom Special edition 5.0, and then upgrade with MultiLang.

What thing developers?

J-M.

Reactions: madden83

Settings > Notification > Manage notifications > Contacts and dialer

I have had missed call notification issue too after first install MIUIv6-L but I have figured out if disable and re-enable led notification that fix this issue perfectly!
So the led is flashing + you can see notification on status bar + you can see notification in notification drawer.
But I don't know the voice mail has any effect for missed call notification behavior... I haven't voice mail service because it is obsoleted, nobody use it even if it is completely free of charge in my country. But I get notification from missed calls even if the phone switched off by SMS right after I switch on the phone.

Settings > Notification > Manage notifications > Contacts and dialer

I have had missed call notification issue too after first install MIUIv6-L but I have figured out if disable and re-enable led notification that fix this issue perfectly!
So the led is flashing + you can see notification on status bar + you can see notification in notification drawer.
But I don't know the voice mail has any effect for missed call notification behavior... I haven't voice mail service because it is obsoleted, nobody use it even if it is completely free of charge in my country. But I get notification from missed calls even if the phone switched off by SMS right after I switch on the phone.

It appears the menu would be the same one.
I think the problem has something to do with the fact that my phone hangs up when it is time to switch to voice-mail. It gives the same message as when I actively refuse an incomming call, and thus is does not register as a 'missed call', but as a 'refused call'.

You do not have voice-mail, so your phone never has to actively send the call to a voice-mail....it takes no action whatsoever and thus every call is 'missed', where my phone gets a signal after several rings that the call must be forwarded to voicemail. Instead of 'hanging up' the phone should pick up that forwarding as a missed call, but it doesnt. My guess is that still is softwarematic, as it works with every other version I ever had, and every other phone.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the MIUI V6 rom for Redmi 1S is rooted or not? I would like to backup apps' data with titanium and restore them in a clean install.

ty

I know this is not the right thread, but does anyone know if there will be a port for the Samsung galaxy alpha, such a good phone just touch wiz ui is not the best and I love miui...

Hi, I did you introduce the Cloud Print by Google in this Release?
Yes we did. Could Print should be ready, you just need to install proper print services from Google Play.

Wysłane z MI Note

Hello

Google Hangouts keeps crashing even after reinstall and wipe cache.

It was working in previous version

Envoyé de mon MI 3W
Turn off Do Not Disturb mode.

Wysłane z MI Note

Reactions: cesko
Redmi 2 (2gb/16gb): as for previous build, this new release has toogle names in english even though I set up italian language.
Yes. Please read few posts above.

Wysłane z MI Note

Hi, can anyone tell me if the MIUI V6 rom for Redmi 1S is rooted or not? I would like to backup apps' data with titanium and restore them in a clean install.

ty
And why not use built in MIUI Backup tool? It's very simple and easy to restore backup by just moving /MIUI folder.

And yes. Our roms are rooted.

Wysłane z MI Note

Reactions: handyandy
Status
Not open for further replies.