5 Downsides Of The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2?

kanem0chi

Members
Dec 4, 2016
✔ Many people already said that the Xiaomi Mi mix 2 is an amazing and awesome device.. but I feel that Xiaomi made some weird choices, regarding many features.. I've summarized my 5 downsides of this amazing device that you should know of, before making a purchase decision for the best price found in the description of the video.

Are these downsides applicable to you?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Well done on the video. They are fair points but for me are more than compensated for by the fantastic build quality and value.

Reactions: kanem0chi
Well done on the video. They are fair points but for me are more than compensated for by the fantastic build quality and value.
True! This is applicable to me.. especially the water resistant feature is important I believe.. (Holland = rain all the time)

Thank you for your kind words :)

There are many alternatives to this phone today for those who wants phones with dual camera, waterproof features etc. I bought Mi Mix 2 because it's perfect phone for me. It is interesting that Samsungs and iPhones are praised always as Miracles of the modern age and nobody's talk about the bad sides of the medal . When coming to xiaomi phones the negative comments are highlighted while forgetting what are alternatives for the same price. I am personally amazed by the Xiaomy development and It would be amazing if Xiaomy.eu group could become a bridge to European market in a bigger scale for xiaomi products.

Reactions: kanem0chi
There are many alternatives to this phone today for those who wants phones with dual camera, waterproof features etc. I bought Mi Mix 2 because it's perfect phone for me. It is interesting that Samsungs and iPhones are praised always as Miracles of the modern age and nobody's talk about the bad sides of the medal . When coming to xiaomi phones the negative comments are highlighted while forgetting what are alternatives for the same price. I am personally amazed by the Xiaomy development and It would be amazing if Xiaomy.eu group could become a bridge to European market in a bigger scale for xiaomi products.

I really like your message, I've always been quite positive about the brand, because they do a good job. With this phone, their future and flagship phone, I have a weird feeling about it, because by now.. i was expecting more from them, because they grew a lot, and these features are not super difficult to implement. Don't get me wrong here, because I do like the brand, I just want to share my honest feelings :)

For myself, I agree to the points raised, but they are far out-weighed by the implementation of (nearly) all the possible LTE bands available in the four major Telecoms regions, being Americas, Asia, Oceana and Europe.

In my job as a Consultant in the Telecoms industry, focussing on Network Optimisation, I am often travelling and involved in projects world-wide, and having this capability serves to give me a much more useable platform for doing measurements, and far fewer phones to keep track of.

The placement of the fingerprint sensor on the back is a nuisance when using a hands-free mount, particularly since the "Bluetooth unlock" feature is not working with any non Mi-Band devices (as I understand it, correct me if wrong, please) - not even other Xiaomi phones, and especially car entertainment systems, where it would be so helpful.

Hi,

Sorry, but if I get your point, I must say that all what you're writing is not relevant fro me. And it is probably not for a lot of people. Some questions :
- who has a waterproof smartphone AND swims regularly with it ?
- who needs a front camera to make artisitic selfies (if that even exists) ?
- who can think that a lens so tiny can compete with pro lenses of a DSLR ? And who even needs that except for a niche ?
- it doesn' ship with other languages ? That was true when it was released. Now Xiaomi provides officially a global stable version...

Regards.

Hi,

Sorry, but if I get your point, I must say that all what you're writing is not relevant fro me. And it is probably not for a lot of people. Some questions :
- who has a waterproof smartphone AND swims regularly with it ?
- who needs a front camera to make artisitic selfies (if that even exists) ?
- who can think that a lens so tiny can compete with pro lenses of a DSLR ? And who even needs that except for a niche ?
- it doesn' ship with other languages ? That was true when it was released. Now Xiaomi provides officially a global stable version...

Regards.

I work on a boat, waterproof is handy haha. But salt water is a different beast.

Camera could better but then if you want cameras you shouldn't be buying this phone. Specs at launch were enough to tell you pixel/mate 10/ op5t had better cameras.

I am most annoyed by the lack of a RGB Notfication Led and the lack of a SD card slot. You make some good points too, only a dual camera is not important for me. I also would have loved to see that the camera wasen't sticking out on the back.