MULTI 6.1.7/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the old question but I dont know where to find the answer.. do I need to wipe anything before updating? I use twrp rec.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
No, if you come from another developer you just have to install. It is better to clean cache and dalvik cache but is not mandatory. Then again as it don't wipe any user date I don't see why not to do it

Last edited:
It is better to clean cache and dalvik cache but is not mandatory. Then again as it don't wipe any user date I don't see why not to do it
Agree, but I noticed [on all miui7 version on my Mi4C] that if I wipe cache and dalvik I loose some theme setup.
I'm not speaking about "data loss"... just some boring setup I have to redo every time.

For this reason, since 2-3 updates I don't perform wipes.

Also note that if you update via OTA or app Updater, there are no wipes.

Work fine but mi pcsuite don't recognize the phone. It stops at 30 %. With rom 5.12.31 its ok

Inviato dal mio xiaomi redmi 2 2gb 2014813 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you. I just updated and my phone lost root and supersu right away. I just wonder everytime I update ROM I need to flash supersu again?? If I update via OTA, will I need to flash supersu?

Agree, but I noticed [on all miui7 version on my Mi4C] that if I wipe cache and dalvik I loose some theme setup.
I'm not speaking about "data loss"... just some boring setup I have to redo every time.

For this reason, since 2-3 updates I don't perform wipes.

Also note that if you update via OTA or app Updater, there are no wipes.
Yes, that is true, I also loose the theme setup.

Reactions: duynq95
Gonna wait for ota update. Will check if its work:)
And I'm quite happy with 12.31

Another thing, short question. Do devs do only translations or something more added or removed compared with Chinese rom. Thanks for the answer. Using English language, because Lithuanian is missing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

This one is better in my opinion. At least the Bluetooth and battery are better
Never had Bluetooth related problems with Nokia headset nor Ford focus bt synch..
Except that gapps don't add devices as trusted. That's all. With cm12 or aosp roms devices are added properly.

Reactions: miguel_android_f
I just tried to flash supersu and wipe cache & dalvik and I lost my icons and lockscreen theme. The rest remained.
But I have new weird "app" named registerhelper, all chinese, cant be removed, cant be found in titanium backup to be frozen. Do you know what it is or how to remove it, please tell me.

589eb108de3e6d043e422a06e7e91c13.jpg

Reactions: ingbrzy
Never had Bluetooth related problems with Nokia headset nor Ford focus bt synch..
Except that gapps don't add devices as trusted. That's all. With cm12 or aosp roms devices are added properly.

Can you send me in PM where find alt roms and feature list? Thanks in advance.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

i hope it's ok to ask this question here:

i see the update for the Mi4c is the China rom. i use English so will it be ok to update? why is the Mi4c left out of the list for the Global update?

Since this update I notice the last option of the Developer options was "Turn off MIUI optimization", which is new because I've never seen this before, and googled for it but no results. I tried turning it off, it said there would be some major change in layouts and other elements of the UI, but I could not see the differences yet. If you know, please tell me more about it. And my other questions, thank you.

c4d2e3dee2fc1672ce9f09a679727671.jpg

2681584f02336e2c3197ddd79c9b8bca.jpg

Since this update I notice the last option of the Developer options was "Turn off MIUI optimization", which is new because I've never seen this before, and googled for it but no results. I tried turning it off, it said there would be some major change in layouts and other elements of the UI, but I could not see the differences yet. If you know, please tell me more about it. And my other questions, thank you.

c4d2e3dee2fc1672ce9f09a679727671.jpg

2681584f02336e2c3197ddd79c9b8bca.jpg

Hi Dude... I suggest you to TURN ON MIUI OPTIMIZATION

Reactions: Stefano131270
hi, anyone having problem with youtube app? cause mine is playing for 6 seconds and it freezes. it will then contiues but with no audio. redmi note 2. halp!

SAME ISSUE with YOUTUBE with this ROM
I have a perfect speed on WIFI and LTE, no problem with the previous ROM
now still have the "wheel" error
need to press Play every time
i check if i can solve it by wipping the Youtube application

MI4 audio issue please fix it?? Cracking sound on low volume... Have been having this issue from a long time...

SAME ISSUE with YOUTUBE with this ROM
I have a perfect speed on WIFI and LTE, no problem with the previous ROM
now still have the "wheel" error
need to press Play every time
i check if i can solve it by wipping the Youtube application
Same issue for me in the stable... This is big issue... Any idea?

Wipe app data doesn't help

I have a problem with a redmi note 2. Sometimes when you open the camera, I can not take pictures or video because the touch screen and tactile buttons are left unused.
This lasts a few seconds and it's like the touch mobile function is frozen.
With the weekly rom 12/05/17
someone had the same problem on some version of the weekly rom?

Certainly google voice search icon is in the ROM ..but it is like a ghost on display.
Someone can help me to fix this bug ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-08-23-52-17_com.android.quicksearchbox_1452295763873.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-08-23-52-17_com.android.quicksearchbox_1452295763873.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 410
Status
Not open for further replies.