MIUI 8.2 6.10.27

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Documents System App Frozen in MIUI 8 (RN2 and Mipad 1 - as of 161020 releases). Refrozen after each reboot.

On RN2 unfreezing after each reboot gets back some of the old functionality e.g. attach files to emails, print web pages (though less ditectly available than before).

On Mipad 1 unfreezing does not solve any problem and leads to crashing of Documents app if file attachment to email is attempted or if print is attempted from say Chrome app.

RN2 workable but downgrading Mipad 1 to Miui 7 looks best option for now. Have root and TBPro, so assuming fastboot rom install can I safely restore all my user apps and app data afterwards? Will my SDCard data (Videos, downloads etc) be wiped? I assume that the Data in wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache means the System App and User App Data and not the User Data but this is not usually made clear in instructions from knowledgeable users to less knowledgeable... Clarification on this would be much appreciated!

Also Adb fastboot instructions for downgrading rom without wiping all of my SDCard would be welcome and filed for future reference.

I assume that in TB restore I should not restore system app data but only user app data when downgrading rom.

Any tips welcome from more knowledgeable users :=)

Flashed it for Xiaomi mi5s, will add a review later on.
Need some testing done, hopefully it all goes well, the previous release was good i can't deny.
Hopefully this one is better
Then I ll wait for your feedback before updating mine ;) We have exactly same phone hehe Mi5S 128 GB

Cheers man !

AD

How have unlooked? I got ever error on miunlock.. Couldn't verify account... I have unlocked a lots of xiaomi devices but with this one I can't! Just yestarday i have unlocked mi5 without problems...
I didn't unlock my kate...
I found a trick (one month ago) and made a tuto (replace recovery.img by ZXC TWRP recovery.img in the Global Dev Fastboot, flash normally with Miflash and go directly in the TWRP before the first Miui boot). The TWRP stay after update. Just the root gone (but it is normal).
My tuto in french http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/24...-twrp-root-cm/?do=findComment&comment=3679944 (open the spoiler).

Reactions: soldatino
Sorry if a write here, but I do not know where to post.

Anyone knows if will arrive a rom with Android 7?

Sorry if a write here, but I do not know where to post.

Anyone knows if will arrive a rom with Android 7?
It's not up to this community. Right place to ask is on official xiaomi forum en.miui.com

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I get FC every time when I try turn on WiFi Hotspot on my Mi5. Anyone have the same problem?
Clear cache and dalvik in twrp check again. If didn't help try to change language to english if you use some other then check it. If still issue then re-download rom and reflash it again but don't restore any private data, first check if everything works.

Guys, thank you for your hard work, but something is wrong with this update (Redmi 1S). I'm using the phone in Hungarian language, but the settings menu (and also the icon name) is half-english. Almost the half of the submenus giving instant force close when tapping on (for example: Sound, Headphone and audio effects, etc.). I've already done wipe cache/dalvik cache, but no luck. I even cannot get into About phone menu to create bug report because of force close.
This is what I get when tapping on Sound in Settings.
Change language to english and check if there is error.

Hello,

Thank you for your great work!

I have one question, previously on my Mi4c I had this new feature - Swipe down for toggles, rearrange toggles for combined notification look which was introduced in the release 6.9.22 and I just bought Mi5s and I noticed this feature is missing in 6.10.27 version.
Unfortunately, I cant post links since I'm fresh member but if you check the 6.9.22 thread you can see what I'm talking about.

Is this normal or should I try once again to reinstall the update?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Last edited:
Although already asked in ROM 6.10.20
@ingbrzy Mi5, android security patch level still at 2016-07-05. Is this correct ??
Leving vulnerabilities open, Xiaomi to fix it??

Seems to drain more battery then ever on my Mi5

Have more people such high Android drain?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-28-14-41-03-183_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-28-14-41-03-183_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 350
  • Screenshot_2016-10-28-14-41-20-782_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-28-14-41-20-782_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 356
Released ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate)! - Officially unlocked BL required!
Thank you ingbrzy. I have just install this new ROM for kate without problem. I was on the MultiROM before.
What twrp and how u applied?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Seems something goes wrong on my Redmi3S.
TWRP says
unmount of /firmware failed: no such volume
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash at /firmware: invalid argument

Then it went to Installing MIUI update...., but it seems to be stuck.
Any ideas?

UPDATE: I tried to reboot, but it is stuck on the MI logo. I only can get into fastboot mode.

Last edited:
Thanks.. I will try this evening..
After entering the first time in the TWRP you have to boot at least one time in the Miui ROM.
Otherwise you get only 7Go in the internal memory. After the first boot in Miui ROM, go into the TWRP and flash the xiaomi.eu ROM (Factory Reset before).

Status
Not open for further replies.