MIUI 8.2 6.11.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really regret buying my 3s. The hardware is very good, but the software is absolute trash. Full of frigging bugs. I've set up Privacy protection password, and then I decided I don't need it. Guess what? I can't disable it, there's no option for that.

I've also set up a data usage limit, just for da lulz. I've now removed the limit, but the Data Usage program flashes red, telling me that I've exceeded the limit.

There are so many things that simply don't work... and it's not just the developer version.
Mine works like a charm... Other that some minor translation issues at first (slo) only thing so far is battery stats (graphs) go a bit wrong aftet two days of usage and sometimes phone restarst when browsing the web with inegrated browser, mostly when on xiaomi forum and other xiaomi blogs... And lately weathet widged seems to have a delay in updating the weather...
Im rooted, disabled all unused xiami stuff and services, also with beautify mod from GlobeROM.

It helps to have officialy unlocked BL and a clean rom install... Sometimes it helps to reinstall the rom or do multiple dalvick/cache wipes if yoz have problems...

Thank you so much my friend,
If you remember well that is not the same account, it's impossible!
Tomorrow to try again, now the phone in the office because I was angry

You're welcome :)

The unlocking procedure only supports MIUI China developer version (6.1.12 or later version) currently. MIUI China stable version will get supported in future updates

I was only able to unlock my bootloader after installing the chinese dev version, and setting the Mi account in the developer options

That is weird because a week ago I'm able to unlock mi5s on 8.0.2 global stable rom. It's a rom that comes with the phone when I got it from aliexpress. Standard procedures like signing in, turn on find device, enable developer, check usb debugging, boot to fastboot and so on. But I do create new account. I guess I'm lucky or maybe there is no consistency from xiaomi.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
Mine works like a charm... Other that some minor translation issues at first (slo) only thing so far is battery stats (graphs) go a bit wrong aftet two days of usage and sometimes phone restarst when browsing the web with inegrated browser, mostly when on xiaomi forum and other xiaomi blogs... And lately weathet widged seems to have a delay in updating the weather...
Im rooted, disabled all unused xiami stuff and services, also with beautify mod from GlobeROM.

It helps to have officialy unlocked BL and a clean rom install... Sometimes it helps to reinstall the rom or do multiple dalvick/cache wipes if yoz have problems...

The rom is full of bugs. Just found another. Launch the FM radio app, let it scan the stations, select a station, go back to the list and delete the station, and hit the back button....and try to change the station. It will not work, all stations will point to the deleted one. So it's s**t. Miui is probably the buggiest rom I've ever used, and I've used lots of roms on lots of different devices..

I'm thinking about switching to the Xiaomi China Stable 8.0.10.. but I have a filling it's the same piece of junk.

You're welcome :)

That is weird because a week ago I'm able to unlock mi5s on 8.0.2 global stable rom. It's a rom that comes with the phone when I got it from aliexpress. Standard procedures like signing in, turn on find device, enable developer, check usb debugging, boot to fastboot and so on. But I do create new account. I guess I'm lucky or maybe there is no consistency from xiaomi.

Believe me I've tried tens of times with the global stable rom. It just didn't work and it surprisingly worked after flashing the chinese rom and setting up my MI account

because no md5 or something thats check my downloaded rom corrupt or not..
i'm clean flash from CM13, already wipe dalvik/cache, system, data, cust and also FORMAT Data(format my internal storage)..
but unlucky, after first boot to homescreen then i enter Setting still crash/FC..
maybe i'm try redownload rom..
shitt.. it's three time I'm flashing this ROM.. three time also I get Setting force closed, unfortenaly bla bla bla..
I'm also can't login to Miui, said "could not check device info"..
I'm have many experience install ROM from xiaomi.EU, but never face problem like thiss..

shitt.. it's three time I'm flashing this ROM.. three time also I get Setting force closed, unfortenaly bla bla bla..
I'm also can't login to Miui, said "could not check device info"..
I'm have many experience install ROM from xiaomi.EU, but never face problem like thiss..
Which language? Try with EN..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

xiaomi redmi note 2 EN. in settings>additional settings>accessibility>services untranslated !is Chinese!

Last edited:
Came across an issue. The time on the status bar is not updating automatically. When I switched between setting time automatically and manually, only then the time adjusts..see the screenshot. The time difference between what is shown and the one in the clock widget.
d3c05c858a0cbd218f980f6293778113.jpg

Also the clock widget is not working(just static) for other default themes.

Any trick to remove that Chinese assistant?

This is the simplest and safest method to remove Chinese assistant and all related Chinese things:

(Tested with Mi5 many times with no issue)

1. Get rooted by SuperSU
2. Install Root Explorer or similar app and grant root accesses
3. Settings > Additional settings > Accessibility: Disable Chinese assistant app service
4. Settings > Installed Apps > Defaults > Assist & Voice input > Assist app: Choose "Google App" or "None" instead of Chinese assistant - This is the main point before remove PersonalAssistant.apk otherwise you will get bootloop!
5. Open in Root Explorer /system/priv-app/PersonalAssistant folder and rename PersonalAssistant.apk to PersonalAssistant.apkk or to anything else what you want
6. Reboot the phone
7. If you rebooted with no issue then you can safely delete /system/priv-app/PersonalAssistant folder if you want (optional)

Result (no any Chinese staff and default assist app setting by the user will remain even after reboot the phone):

Screenshot_2016-11-19-13-14-58-045_com.android.settings.png

Screenshot_2016-11-19-13-15-20-765_com.android.settings.png

If you get bootloop or stuck at Mi logo for same reason then:

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery
2. Mount > tick System
3. Advanced > File Manager and open: /system/priv-app/PersonalAssistant folder > rename back PersonalAssistant.apkk to original name to PersonalAssistant.apk
4. Reboot to system

Last edited:
This is the simplest and safest method to remove Chinese assistant and all related Chinese things:

(Tested with Mi5 many times with no issue)

1. Get rooted by SuperSU
2. Install Root Explorer or similar app and grant root accesses
3. Settings > Additional settings > Accessibility: Disable Chinese assistant app service
4. Settings > Installed Apps > Defaults > Assist & Voice input > Assist app: Choose "Google App" or "None" instead of Chinese assistant - This is the main point before remove PersonalAssistant.apk otherwise you will get bootloop!
5. Open in Root Explorer /system/priv-app/PersonalAssistant folder and rename PersonalAssistant.apk to PersonalAssistant.apkk or to anything else what you want
6. Reboot the phone
7. If you rebooted with no issue then you can safely delete /system/priv-app/PersonalAssistant folder if you want (optional)

Result (no any Chinese staff and default assist app setting by the user will remain even after reboot the phone):

View attachment 14285

View attachment 14286

If you get bootloop or stuck at Mi logo for same reason then:

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery
2. Mount > tick System
3. Advanced > File Manager and open: /system/priv-app/PersonalAssistant folder > rename back PersonalAssistant.apkk to original name to PersonalAssistant.apk
4. Reboot to system
Hey thanks for replying.I didn't think that removing it will be that easy. Since someone mentioned that if I was rooted,I uninstalled the app from es file explorer and no issues whatsoever.Please have a look at my recent post regarding the clock widget and suggest something.

anyone using Mi4c, does this ROM have any better battery life than the one from previous week?

The unlocking procedure only supports MIUI China developer version (6.1.12 or later version) currently. MIUI China stable version will get supported in future updates
For which device? I`ve never installed any Chinese stable or dev but unlocked RN3pro and Redmi 3s on global dev without problem
My new Mi5 is next but there is the 30 days waiting time

Time is all wrong both on status bar and the clock icon! I have tried all the settings! I am checking the time in Google Chrome now! Anyone facing this issue??

I apologize for posting this help in Item 6.11.17

Hello, I need a big help
Two months ago, I unlocked Redmi Note 4 in two minutes
Yesterday, failed, very bad
I have permission, this is not a problem
App unloock stops at 50%
Accounts are the same
Search the phone works
The ROM is Official Global Stable, missing Italian language, I doubt!
Bootloader is locked
You can not use Mi Flash for helio x25
I think the solution is this: use Sp Tools and install ROM China
Then Unloock

You have solutions?

STOP Mtk for me
you say you are on global stable, you may install via update (download recovery rom) the latest global dev to retry the unlock but BUT dev rom in global is not yet available for this device.
To me you need a deep flash cable to install chinese dev for unlock, then you know ....

Reactions: Stefano131270
Time is all wrong both on status bar and the clock icon! I have tried all the settings! I am checking the time in Google Chrome now! Anyone facing this issue??

Did you hibernate/freeze any system app?

Status
Not open for further replies.