MIUI 8.2 6.12.1

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful battery drain, Chrome crashes frequently [Redmi Note 2, MiPad 2]

With this and the previous Version I experience exceptional battery drain on Redmi Note 2. On both devices Chrome crashes frequently, more often on the Mi Pad. [Last perfect version: 6.11.10/ downgrading complicated this time.]

Anyone experiencing the same?
on my own Redmi Note 2 chrome works well without any crash.
regarding battery drain I'm experiencing the "usual" exceptional draining and I've already post on this thread my statistics...please do the same here http://en.miui.com/thread-429741-1-1.html

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
I'm using Kate with xiaomi weekly.
Using it for sim toolkit, search, better ram management, etc..
Read the first post and second one each week. It's your call.

The difference is that all Xiaomi.EU roms are based off the China Dev not the Global Dev...
So it's a good call, even if I actually believe that most changes are about performance and ram managment.

Reactions: SpeRator
Look... I was using my Mi3 for about 2 years, and I was using Xiaomi.eu ROM basically from day one and updated almost every week. Otherwise I would have had to use the Chinese ROM which I didn't want. Xiaomi.eu ROM was perfect for me at the time.

Then I changed to RN3 SE and there was no Xiaomi.eu ROM at first. I almost didn't get the phone, because Xiaomi.eu-Team said, there won't be a RN3 SE ROM (Kate) because it only has Global ROM (Xiaomi.eu ROM used to be -all- Chinese based) and because of official unlock did not work at first. So I used the Global ROM for the RN3 SE up to now.

And since "Kate" ROM is available from Xiaomi.eu the question was: what is the biggest selling point of Xiaomi.eu ROM compared to Global ROM (with root) because they "feel" quite similar in everyday use.

I am asking myself and I am asking here. It's a serious question, not a rhetorical one, not a sarcastic one. I just wanted to hear an opinion from someone who might have been in the same situation. Someone who can say "I changed from Global ROM to Xiaomi.eu ROM because...".

I changed from Global ROM to Xiaomi.eu ROM because... NO GLOBAL ROM FOR MI4C! AND XIAOMI.EU MADE ME HAPPY!!!

Me: Mi Max Prime 3/64GB, unlocked bootloader, TWRP recovery, rooted and Xposed.

After using this weekly ROM, I've encountered something with Gmail recently. Gmail doesn't seem to be syncing. I'm able to receive emails and read them, but seems like sending emails from my phone now results in a permanent "Sending..." in red. I checked on my desktop computer, and there is no record of these emails from my phone.

I haven't had to downgrade a weekly update before. Is there anything special I need to do downgrading from 6.12.1 to 6.11.10? I didn't have problems with 6.11.10.

I haven't had to downgrade a weekly update before. Is there anything special I need to do downgrading from 6.12.1 to 6.11.10? I didn't have problems with 6.11.10.
I did run into an issue going from 11.24 back down to 11.17... Mi Notes constantly crashed, but wiping data on the app fixed the issue.

Look... I was using my Mi3 for about 2 years, and I was using Xiaomi.eu ROM basically from day one and updated almost every week. Otherwise I would have had to use the Chinese ROM which I didn't want. Xiaomi.eu ROM was perfect for me at the time.

Then I changed to RN3 SE and there was no Xiaomi.eu ROM at first. I almost didn't get the phone, because Xiaomi.eu-Team said, there won't be a RN3 SE ROM (Kate) because it only has Global ROM (Xiaomi.eu ROM used to be -all- Chinese based) and because of official unlock did not work at first. So I used the Global ROM for the RN3 SE up to now.

And since "Kate" ROM is available from Xiaomi.eu the question was: what is the biggest selling point of Xiaomi.eu ROM compared to Global ROM (with root) because they "feel" quite similar in everyday use.

I am asking myself and I am asking here. It's a serious question, not a rhetorical one, not a sarcastic one. I just wanted to hear an opinion from someone who might have been in the same situation. Someone who can say "I changed from Global ROM to Xiaomi.eu ROM because...".

I will give you my feedback about this question you have.

For example, when my redmi 3s came, it was using global development rom. And the launcher was always crashing because of choosing my name country's language... If I wanted to keep that rom I would need to use English or something else that could work good for me..

That' was the reason to change for Xiaomi.eu, also I notice from their posts about better ram usage and so on. But I am experiencing serious lag and then crash. I might be changing in the following days for Xiaomi.eu stable or even Xiaomi.en global stable..

Anyway thanks everyone working hard on this!

I am Portuguese by the way :)

The difference is that all Xiaomi.EU roms are based off the China Dev not the Global Dev...
So it's a good call, even if I actually believe that most changes are about performance and ram managment.

Not all ROMs.

Xiaomi.eu ROM for "Kate" is based on Global ROM, not Chinese!

guys i have installed the latest build but i cannot stop apps in background i tried to toggle settings in seucirty for startup and even in marshmallow settings but its not stopping instead it runs automatically and not being closed kindly help me.............pls suggest ways to get this prob solved

On my Mi4 with pt-PT the alarm doesn't ring. Already changed to other languages and doesn't work either

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

My works perfectly.. Also if I turn off Mi4.. Tested english and italian..
Try wipe dalvik and cache..

< Mi4 LTE 3/16 gb >

Hi guys. Have a little problem with this version of ROM (6.12.1). Today I've found that telephone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, all the time is working on min. frequency. Four days before yesterday everything was just great. Wacklock detector shows it's because of process PowerManagerService.WakeLocks, it is active for more than 1 day. Did anyone have such problem or maybe had before. My phone is Redmi note 3Pro (Kenzo). Thanks for the help...

If i go from developer to stable what is the right procedure?

I hope that the battery will be better with the stable

Xiaomi mi4c

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

If i go from developer to stable what is the right procedure?

I hope that the battery will be better with the stable

Xiaomi mi4c

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
Hello, I do not do this, if you want...
For good work
Wipe data
Wipe cache
Wipe Dalvik

Hi guys. Have a little problem with this version of ROM (6.12.1). Today I've found that telephone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, all the time is working on min. frequency. Four days before yesterday everything was just great. Wacklock detector shows it's because of process PowerManagerService.WakeLocks, it is active for more than 1 day. Did anyone have such problem or maybe had before. My phone is Redmi note 3Pro (Kenzo). Thanks for the help...
try wipe cache/dalvik again. should help.

Yes, it may help, but what is the reason of such thing. What if in a couple of days after wipes it happen again. That is why I'd like to find the "root" of this problem and eliminate it )
well.. i'm no dev so i can only talk of experience and this happened to me on other devices and other roms as well (ex. samsung s3 mini with cm). i dont know why but rebuilding the caches helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.