MIUI 8.2 6.12.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manual wipe system can become to brick the device.

Update/install rom have an install script that make the necessary modifications to the system partition.

What I don't get with this ROM-s is: if I update ROM to new version does it just make changes to previous ROM or does it replace it entirely?

I did a wipe system a while back and now I wonder if that's the reason for experiencing some bugs now?

Manual wipe system can become to brick the device.

Update/install rom have an install script that make the necessary modifications to the system partition.
On mi mi5 s plus i did a full wipe in recovery (cashe, system, data) when i flashed first eu rom over global stable and before reboot twrp says that there no os on phone, but i ignore that and booted normally system and worked like a charm. Flashed 15 updates of eu roms till then and no issues at all.

GPS .... This was way better with miui 7.[/QUOTE]

I found faster GPS Times in 6.12.22 on my mi5

On mi mi5 s plus i did a full wipe in recovery (cashe, system, data) when i flashed first eu rom over global stable and before reboot twrp says that there no os on phone, but i ignore that and booted normally system and worked like a charm. Flashed 15 updates of eu roms till then and no issues at all.

Can became brick, not, do it brick. See the thread of the xiaomi.eu 6.12.8 the first rom on nougat for Mi5. a lot of people made hardbrick for their devices because they wipe system.

So, never, never, never manual wipe system partition.

...and what about Android 7 or at least Android 6 for Redmi 3 (ido)?
1st quarter? Mid year? Never?
All of us are looking forward to that ROM.

SuperSU 2.79-SR2 Now available.

Which hopefully fixed the bug where SR1 would not flash on Marshmallow devices.

Confirmed bug seems to be fixed on marshmallow devices.

Successfully flashed on Kenzo.

Last edited:
I can just install via TWRP and wipe dalvik/cache and done? (From global)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

It's strange because even if I launch a lot of app at same time, playing huge games, the 2 disabled cores don't be restarted...
May be I have to do like @Gerson Oliveira and go back to 6.11.10 android 6.0 until this "issue" is resolved...

Thanks @ivo.hr for your help

Did you test if Antutu or Geekbench score is OK? That would prove that all cores are working, if necessary.

You need TWRP to install this ROM anyways. So, from global to xiaomi.eu use TWRP.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Did you test if Antutu or Geekbench score is OK? That would prove that all cores are working, if necessary.
I'm having much better results, since first Nougat version, with default Xiaomi.eu rom than with them active in cpuz with a known mpdecision mod.

Even without those benchmarks the experience is different with default rom, but there's ppl saying that they have good results.

You can try this mod to see the 4 cpus in cpuz.

http://forum.********.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=68&sid=8f69f4e48f1eb81fee6940f68d40921a

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

CHANGELOG

Highlights
New - Birthday reminders in Calendar with Chinese lunar calendar support (12-27)
New - Export birthday reminders from Contacts (12-27)
New - Personal hotspot is now mutually recognizable by iOS devices (12-27)

System
Fix - Device froze in some cases (12-27)

Phone
Fix - Device rebooted in some cases (12-27)

Settings
New - Personal hotspot is now mutually recognizable by iOS devices (12-27)

Calendar
New - Export birthday reminders from Contacts (12-28)

For Mi4c, Mi4s, MiNotePRO stopped 5.1 updates because of testing Android 7.0
For MiMAX and MiMAX Pro released 6.12.22 Android 6.0 as final step before Android 7.0 installation

Still have an fc when i try to open the buttons settings. My language is dutch (nederlands). Device is redmi note 3 kate.

I can confirm that the GPS don't lock fast in nougat. I am thinking over switching to global stable after 3 years using xiaomi.eu roms.

My Mi 5s, quantdrant benchmark show 6.12.22 score 28 k Abv while 6.12.29 score only 8k plus. Looks like Not all core running. So I revert back to 6.12.22.atth screen shot for viewing.
Screenshot_2017-01-03-23-23-27-267_com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard.png
Screenshot_2017-01-03-23-44-56-114_com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard.png

Sorry wrong info. 5 k plus vs 30 over k. Not one time . I try few time the same. So revert back to 6.12.22. feel much more smooth

Hi everyone, i notice something strange since i did the upgrade from Android 6.1 to Android 7.0 using the miui 6.29, i got a Mi5 pro which has 2.15Ghz and 4 cores but now i notice that 2 cores have been stopped (see the screenshot).
That makes my device works slowly at home menu and some apps crash too
264629ec71996464c3458acca002068e.jpg

Someone can help please ??
Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Use the Developer Options -> Show CPU Usage tab to bring up the CPU data on the side of the screen - the problem appears to be an App issue with CPU-Z not handling the Qualcomm feature correctly (introduced by Xiaomi in the Android 7 release).

Any thoughts on this? I get LTE on AT&T on Puerto Rico(US Territory) with my Mi 5S.
c001f90663cb29d20c8b63fae37e0484.jpg

40ef27fd2c7d2e9b23ee5e3183d57af8.jpg

INTERESTING!!!!

So you have either B4 or B17 (the two AT&T LTE bands in Puerto Rico) working correctly on your Mi5S

Could you please install Network Signal Guru from the Playstore and check what band is active - it will show only three pages if your device is not rooted, but a screenshot of the first page would be most informative.

If your phone is rooted, you an get much more information (10 pages of information) from the tool.

Cheers,
GM.

B5???

That is a head-scratcher, because according to my list of bands for Americas region, it should only be B4 and B17 for AT&T.....

I was getting hopeful that Mr Barra had included some unlocks in the latest ROM, as rumoured by some at XDA-Dev
(https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/how-to/progress-trying-to-unlock-bands-t3337476/page66)
Take a look at this thread... Most bands can be unlocked, no band 20 though. I will try that tutorial later too.

Now I will check if it can catch any LTE band on T-Mobile.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-pro/general/how-to-unlock-lte-frequency-bands-mi-t3215880

Take a look at this thread... Most bands can be unlocked, no band 20 though. I will try that tutorial later too.

Now I will check if it can catch any LTE band on T-Mobile.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-pro/general/how-to-unlock-lte-frequency-bands-mi-t3215880

The Band 20 thread is not really a tutorial, more a general discussion on the various settings, calibrations and changes that we have tried in the quest for Band 20.

Since it is now rumoured that there are some Modem changes implemented which may support B20, I am busy digging through the Modem code for 6.12.22 and 6.12.29 looking for the differences - then see if we can replicate those for B28 and others.

Reactions: Jamod and keysuck
Anyone has low volume of incoming call ?
My Mi5S plus has this issue since V6.12.8
I dont know if it is the hardware issue or software

Status
Not open for further replies.