MIUI 8.2 6.12.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Team,

I'm using Redmi Pro device which was shipped with MIUI 8 6.9.8 with Android version 6.0 MRA58K. It seems to be working well but unfortunately for the past 3 days I'm getting some sudden popup message and links... Like you won some money, visit dubai and sometimes it vibrates continuously where I need to reboot again... When I try to update the ROM from official MIUI it doesn't allow me to do... It looks like the ROM completely taken the control... Please help me to fix this... Thanks in advance...

Which Rom is that? The xiaomi global one? I have the lastest weekly xiaomi.eu: 6.12.29 with latest SuperSU v2.79. Mi5 3/64 tested in Europe.
Sorry, typo error, latest 6.12.29 !! In Prague i used weekly 6.12.22.

Last edited:
I tried to flash xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX_V8.1.4.0.MBCCNDI_v8-6.0.zip and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX_V8.1.5.0.MBCCNDI_v8-6.0.zip so many times, but unfortunately none of them work. After finish flashing my MiMax via TWRP, phone is reboot and Mi logo flash (1 second) then... nothing else, the screen come black. Try to turn on phone by power button, still same status (Mi logo flashes the screen come black).

ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX_V8.1.3.0.MBCCNDI_v8-6.0.zip works fine for me. Global ROM works also.

My phone is MiMax 16GB/2GB.

So, please help me checking it. I really want to try new update version. Thank so much, sirs!

What is wrong with latest versions for HMNote3Pro?

Tried flashing few last builds and I can't login to MI account when ROM starts.

I get to:

Getting device security info

After I get:

Couldn't check device security info
An error occurred

Tried via WiFi and mobile network.
If I try by inputting number and password it tells me the number is incorrect. Which is insane as I can login to website with that number.
I.just can't get into the ROM because of this MI s**t.

I can flash and setup last version I have with Android 5.1.1 and MIUI 8.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

And some times when u close the screen it turns black/white before it's off.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Guys, I can change from 6.12.29 to stable 8.1.1.0 in Redmi Note 3 Pro? Battery backup is better in stable.

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 3 usando Tapatalk

I have absolute no problem with GPS. I get a fix of 10 within 10sec and after 20sec there are 20 Sattelites available.
Navigated with HERE Maps through Prague (28th - 30th) without any lags or misses!
Mi5 3/32 latest multi 6.12.29 latest SU.

Have you cleaned cache/dalvik after upgrading from Android 6?

I have and this could be why you don't have problems!?

I can't sync the contacts in my google account in my redmi 3s.

There is not even a contacts sync option in google account.

What can I do to solve this?

2ma7sw.jpg

I noticed another problem related to google services on this ROM on my Mi4: when downloading something in Chrome I don't see download status anywhere, not in notification bar, not in downloads app. Just notification when download finishes.

Can anyone confirm these bugs:
- slow opening google apps (play store, innbox, gmail, ...)
- gmail and innbox apps not syncing
- chrome crashes randomly

I'm looking to find out if it's just my phone (maybe something went wrong douring updates - I did a manual system wipe a few updates back, could it be that it messed up my google services or something since I only have problems in those apps?)

I noticed another problem related to google services on this ROM on my Mi4: when downloading something in Chrome I don't see download status anywhere, not in notification bar, not in downloads app. Just notification when download finishes.
Chrome already has own download manager since version 55...so that's why.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Apologies if this is the wrong place for me to ask - I'd appreciate a redirection if so.

Anyone having issues with Spotify? I've been running 6.8.25 for a long time and had thinned out even more the ROM on my RN2P - was fantastic, battery life, speed, everything worked flawlessly. Recently I decided I wanted a security patch update so installed 6.12.22 - other than the battery draining in a different (not as long lasting but amazing standby (deep sleep?)) way, ROM is pretty great (thanks!) - I've again thinned it out a lot.

BUT the one issue I seem to be having is that Spotify stops playing (I suspect after it has used up its preloaded cache) - it happens when the screen goes off (and therefore into (deep?) sleep?) - I've set up autostart in permissions and in SDMaid, I've set it up in settings to have no pause - everything as I had set up in the last ROM.

** Further information - it is not only when the screen goes off - if I am using phone in anoy other app rather than having Spotify open, it pauses on next song...

Any advice or help would be appreciated - I hope this helps someone else also.

Cheers, Raj

p.s. I've left the Xiaomi music app on the RN2P and it continues to play once the screen is off and device locked.

Last edited:
Hi Team,

I'm using Redmi Pro device which was shipped with MIUI 8 6.9.8 with Android version 6.0 MRA58K. It seems to be working well but unfortunately for the past 3 days I'm getting some sudden popup message and links... Like you won some money, visit dubai and sometimes it vibrates continuously where I need to reboot again... When I try to update the ROM from official MIUI it doesn't allow me to do... It looks like the ROM completely taken the control... Please help me to fix this... Thanks in advance...
You must first flash developer original ROM through fastboot with MiFlash on PC, then flash TWRP recovery and after that Xiaomi.eu ROM..

Can anyone confirm these bugs:
- slow opening google apps (play store, innbox, gmail, ...)
- gmail and innbox apps not syncing
- chrome crashes randomly

I'm looking to find out if it's just my phone (maybe something went wrong douring updates - I did a manual system wipe a few updates back, could it be that it messed up my google services or something since I only have problems in those apps?)

My gmail had problems syncing at times too. Did you have some messages, "Paused" in your gmail? I did. In general, my gmail works, but sometimes I had to clear data and reboot and gmail would work properly again.

I have one question. I have cyanogenmod, if i want to go to the lastest xiaomi.eu stable 8.1.7.0, I shouldn't wipe System partition? In the first post say "never wipe system partition manualy", but this applies to people who want to come of CM->MIUI?

My device is a xiaomi Mi5.

I have one question. I have cyanogenmod, if i want to go to the lastest xiaomi.eu stable 8.1.7.0, I shouldn't wipe System partition? In the first post say "never wipe system partition manualy", but this applies to people who want to come of CM->MIUI?

I think you shouldn't wipe it, just install the zip and perform a data/factory reset and cache/dalvik wipe. (But I could be wrong)

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Going from CyanogenMod to MIUI, you can't dirty flash. You need to do a full wipe of everything.

Yes I understood, my only problem is that in the first post of this thread it says especifically " NEVER WIPE SYSTEM PARTITION MANUALY".
Going from EU ROM to Eu Rom, dirty flash, wiping only Dalvik/Art Cache and Cache. Going from completely different Roms, complete wipe. Do everything via TWRP.

I'm sure there are tutorials on YouTube if you want to see someone else do it rather than following a text tutorial.

Just follow the Reddit instructions and you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.