MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redmi Pro successfully flashed from 6.11.24. Battery performance is excellent (60℅ left for 16 h 25 m on battery including sleep time on battery saver setting) and no abnormal drainage during cell standby
View attachment 14533
Battery saver ? Without battery saver ? Can you post Battery stats ?

On redmi pro.. 19% battery consumed in just 3 hours with mobile data enabled.. wifi disabled

That is too much. Its in battery saver or not ? 4G Data enabled ?

After flashing nougat on Mi5 i ended up with a brick device. No power no led no fastboot no recovery no nothing.
I managed to bring the phone back to life and now i will try the procedure again. One thing i do not understand.
What is it actually mean in the first post - NEVER wipe /system partition manually in your life!
What if i need to wipe system to flash another rom in the future? What will i have to do then? Is it the fact that i wiped everything that turned my phone into brick the first time?

Please if anybody knows fill me in. Thanks.

Every time I've played (volountarily or by mistake) with /system partition on a Xiaomi Phone I have ALWAYS had trouble.
Usually the only way I could have used to recover the phone (in detail a Mi3, a Redmi Note 2 and a Mi5) was ONLY MiFlash via fastboot.
So I've always advised to NOT wipe /system partition.
Now that even @ingbrzy is saying so I'm happy to see, since I've been criticized on this forum like it was some weirdo advice...

i always wipe system aswell on kenzo and never had a problem...probably this only applies to mi5

i always wipe system aswell on kenzo and never had a problem...probably this only applies to mi5

Since I've had same issues on Mi3 and Redmi Note 2 I actually believe that the phones that does not give issues are not many...
At least for Xiaomi.

Other brands does not have those issues. But other brands does not have MIUI.

I have flash this rom on my mi5 with TWRP 3.0.2.3 and reboot successfully. But after flashing Super Su 2.78 then network signal disappeared. Now how i fix this problem ?

Edit: Fixed :) After flashing latest beta Super Su :) Everything working fine on my mi5 :) Thanks a lot :)
In my MI5 Pro everything working fine without root. I flashed Super SU 2.78 and sim cards are note detected and anrdoid starts to show error and close apps. Removed root and reflashed rom and everything is ok now. So I will wait for next week update to use root again.

i can't enter security > blocklist

There is force closing security app

Via redmi 3 pro. Anybody with same issue?
no problem for me on redmi 3pro and german lang. mby try another language.
i don't have put any contacts in the block list though.

It is known that video recording fails in the last week of mi5 with 7.0
Sorry my bad english xD

In my MI5 Pro everything working fine without root. I flashed Super SU 2.78 and sim cards are note detected and anrdoid starts to show error and close apps. Removed root and reflashed rom and everything is ok now. So I will wait for next week update to use root again.
You have to flash supersu 2.78SR5

Reactions: soldatino
Redmi Pro on 6.12.8

Just went through my 24hr performance and battery test.

performance-wise, the system now feels way more smoother than before, though some apps seems to need a bit of calibration to work, but it should straighten itself after a while.

Battery, I'd say this build consumes more power that those builds that i've tested. my unit only lasted 16 hours before it went empty from 100% battery in the morning. I do hope this will be fix next week..

Mi5 installed using recommended TWRP, no wipe, only wipe cache/dalvik AFTER installation. So far so good :)

Redmi Pro on 6.12.8

Just went through my 24hr performance and battery test.

performance-wise, the system now feels way more smoother than before, though some apps seems to need a bit of calibration to work, but it should straighten itself after a while.

Battery, I'd say this build consumes more power that those builds that i've tested. my unit only lasted 16 hours before it went empty from 100% battery in the morning. I do hope this will be fix next week..
This this: http://en.miui.com/thread-388933-1-1.html

CHANGELOG

Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Fix - Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)

Gallery
New - Black and white colors for doodles (12-05)

Weather
Optimization - Home page animation adjustments (12-06)
Optimization - UI improvements for selecting cities (12-06)

Settings
New - Limit the number of devices which can connect to your personal hotspot (12-08)

Security
Fix - Power saving features kept working after quitting Game speed boost (12-07)

ROM on Android 7.0 for MI5 RELEASED!
Install it via TWRP 3.0.2.3
- After update TWRP to 3.0.2.3 reboot it again to boot into that new TWRP
- NEVER wipe /system partition manually in your life!

Known issues for 7.0:
- No color statusbar for some MIUI apps

hello,

do you now if it has pt/pt language and location Portugal to redmi note 4.
thanks

Well, can someone please tell me if the camera bug (panorama photo) is ok? Redmi Note 2 Prime, thank you in advance!

Hi friends, i got mi max with xiaomi eu 6.12.8 but in recent app tray i push the X button it cant closes the app. For exp. U torrent running in back, in 6.11.3 i didnt got this problem. To closes these apps i must go security, battery and it says to me oh no there is apps in backgrod lets closes the and add some minutes to battery life. İ dont want this. İ wanna closes all apps with the one button like 6.11.3 and before. What can i do? Sorry fo bad english

no problem for me on redmi 3pro and german lang. mby try another language.
i don't have put any contacts in the block list though.
No man i'm using the blocklist function. It is very useful for spam call and sms. Device language English also tried other languages no difference. I've tried clear dalvik and cache, reinstall rom still same. And tried clear data of blocklist app not solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.