MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello villo
This problem occurs for many weeks
I think MIUI now very complex and our phone can not stand her!
I think for Redmi Note 2 there are two solutions
1 install ROMs several months ago
2 change and put in retirement
hi stefano, honestly I prefer to think that xiaomi really want to do further investigation on our device via this thread http://en.miui.com/thread-429741-1-1.html
I really hope they find the way to give to our less-than-oneyear-old-device a very good battery life before to say to buy a new one!!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi. To install the new TWRP release, it's possible to boot my MI5 on TWRP and to flash the new release as I could do for a new ROM release ? Thanks for help.

hi stefano, honestly I prefer to think that xiaomi really want to do further investigation on our device via this thread http://en.miui.com/thread-429741-1-1.html
I really hope they find the way to give to our less-than-oneyear-old-device a very good battery life before to say to buy a new one!!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes simone,
After I read, thanks a lot, great effort

Reactions: simone_g76
ROM installation script does all necessary for you..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hi Ingbrzy, I Saw that is now avaiable the 6.0 stable version for Kenzo.
I use the stable 8.0.5.0, can I do the update using the normal method?
I mean, download the zip file, use the MiUi updater app and choose the file? Then updates automaticaly? Or do I need to make any other thing like dakviks, wipes or something else, coes I'm not any expert...
Thanks in advance and thank you very much for your hard work

Is this a general issue or is it only related to the local language?

7f39591226b687067c99d29195af665c.jpg

Mi-4c cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I know there's a lot of more impelling problems in this thread due to the MI5 upgrade to Nougat, but I just want to report that all runs fine on my MI3w.
Thanks you all.

I have a Mi 5 with last eu stable and with TWRP. If I wish install lastest china dev, how I proceed?

Enviado de meu MI 5 usando Tapatalk

Oki. So As im runnig the China Dev i got the new 7.0 by OTA. As soon as it update i got google crashing every 20 seconds. So i try to factory reset the phone. Put the google apk on it and now the googole play is checking details all the time.. dont go above it... Anyone got any suggestions?

In xiaomi fórum at http://en.miui.com/thread-432582-1-1.html i get the following instructions to update to Nougat:
Notes:
MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.12.8 based on Android 7.0 has been released for public
. Please click here to download it. If you are using recent MIUI 8 China developer ROM, you can get the OTA update. If you’re using China stable ROM or global ROM, please wipe all data and upgrade via Fastboot ROM. Don’t forget to backup your data before flashing. Click here to see the flashing tutorials.
Could this mean everyone must wipe before install, or only the ones not in China dev.....
You folks say at the begginig at the post:
Use the TWRP and install.... so what to do....
Maybe it should be a more clever tuto for this one.

Reactions: androidz
In xiaomi fórum at http://en.miui.com/thread-432582-1-1.html i get the following instructions to update to Nougat:
Notes:
MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.12.8 based on Android 7.0 has been released for public
. Please click here to download it. If you are using recent MIUI 8 China developer ROM, you can get the OTA update. If you’re using China stable ROM or global ROM, please wipe all data and upgrade via Fastboot ROM. Don’t forget to backup your data before flashing. Click here to see the flashing tutorials.
Could this mean everyone must wipe before install, or only the ones not in China dev.....
I am afraid to brick my phone, like i am not with chinese rom, but eu stable

Notes:
That is irrelevant here... Different releases have different instructions...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
@ingbrzy

9c957f4c2232c9e3e134a62523aa28bc.jpg

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeOpen(Native Method)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.openConnectionLocked(SQLiteConnectionPool.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnectionPool.open(SQLiteConnectionPool.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openInner(SQLiteDatabase.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.open(SQLiteDatabase.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java)
at android.app.ContextImpl.openOrCreateDatabase(ContextImpl.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(SQLiteOpenHelper.java)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getWritableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.StepsProvider.insert(Unknown Source)
at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.insert(ContentProvider.java)
at android.content.ContentResolver.insert(ContentResolver.java)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.h.a(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.h.b(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.g.a(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.g.a(Unknown Source)
at com.miui.stepsprovider.l.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)

Mi-4c cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

shouldnt the xiaomi eu rom have the same new features as the cina dev rom? But why cant I find any of these mentioned in the changelog? It appeares the mi5s rom is not really getting updated..

so I managed to disassemble my phone to do the trick to unbrick my mi5, after getting "success" msg with miflash, the phone wont turn on still, now what?

Any solution about the settings fc error when opening developer options?
What language? Doesn't happen in Finnish. And with Kate device.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Sin cambios de la 6.0, si no queréis que os baje antes la batería quedaros en la anterior del MI5

Status
Not open for further replies.