MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bricked too. I open phone and out battery, then flash. If you need all procedure, write me

Отправлено с моего MI 5 через Tapatalk

Can we revert to 6.11.3 on mi5 or we get bootloop?

Enviado do meu MI 5 através de Tapatalk

Hi everyone, If any help I would appreciate it.

I'm still on 6.5.19 developer rom, and I would like to upgrade on
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNoteW_V8.0.1.0.KHDCNDG_v8-4.4.zip

but... Do I need to repartition? I never did a repartition before.

"For Redmi NoteW installation, follow this guide for repartition your internal storage...
otherwise you will get bootloop and cry to your pillow..!"

@ingbrzy said no to me in a private conversation. Why is it written here then?

I don't want to destroy my smartphone.

Horrible battery drain in Mi4c with 6.12.8, same as with last week's rom (btw, GPS off, bluetooth off, mobile data off, dimmed screen). Device stays always awake and can get discharged overnight. I have tried a clean install, cleaning Dalvik and cache, using Greenify & Doze... with no success. Anyone can figure out a solution? Am I the only one having these issues with this version? (although similar issues had been reported for older 6.x versions...) :( Help is most appreciated!

Reactions: Dariooo
Hi, after I updated my phone, it couldn't connect mobile data but I don't know whether this is because update or root. But any help? I tried lots of solution (reset apn, wipe dalvik, cache, security app etc)

Hi everyone, If any help I would appreciate it.

I'm still on 6.5.19 developer rom, and I would like to upgrade on
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNoteW_V8.0.1.0.KHDCNDG_v8-4.4.zip

but... Do I need to repartition? I never did a repartition before.

"For Redmi NoteW installation, follow this guide for repartition your internal storage...
otherwise you will get bootloop and cry to your pillow..!"

@ingbrzy said no to me in a private conversation. Why is it written here then?

I don't want to destroy my smartphone.
Follow instructions given by @ingbrzy and you will have no problems. Make sure you understand all of the instructions and follow them precisely. @ingbrzy is an absolute expert you can trust what he says.

Horrible battery drain in Mi4c with 6.12.8, same as with last week's rom (btw, GPS off, bluetooth off, mobile data off, dimmed screen). Device stays always awake and can get discharged overnight. I have tried a clean install, cleaning Dalvik and cache, using Greenify & Doze... with no success. Anyone can figure out a solution? Am I the only one having these issues with this version? (although similar issues had been reported for older 6.x versions...) :( Help is most appreciated!
For me, the same unfortunately. I went back to 6.12.1.
Reg

Reactions: montealeku
No it's quite a pain in the ass.
That's why I'm still on MM with my Mi5 xD
It depends what`s the definition for correct procedure
Already on N using the same procedure as always: updater>choose package>reboot to install in twrp
Same phone like yours btw
According to this thread no one reported problems with updater, the people who ended bricked did update from twrp using various wipes
It has been stressed many times here: no need for any additional step besides the above, the script reboots the phone in twrp and does everything needed so the updater seems to be the recommended way for installing weekly's

Last edited:
Follow instructions given by @ingbrzy and you will have no problems. Make sure you understand all of the instructions and follow them precisely. @ingbrzy is an absolute expert you can trust what he says.

My question/issue is still NOT answered.

He said just a no, I don't think he understood what I asked. So, do you know if I need to repartition or not?

Supersu root is automatically removed,after upgrading!!!

So;

1)update TWRP and REBOOT TWRP(check version) https://dl.twrp.me/gemini/twrp-3.0.2-3-gemini.img
2) install new MI5 nougat rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120692424
3)WIPE cache/dalvik
4)reboot system FIRST
5)install Supersu 2.78 SR5 https://download.chainfire.eu/1014/SuperSU/SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip?retrieve_file=1
6)reboot to finish

Goodluck!!!

I tried flash supersu 2.78 SR5 on my MI5 to solve the SIM problems and now only GPRS works. Not 2G/3G/4G.

I rebooted the system and now camera works, but there is a little freeze in the beginning. And the freeze makes the sound delayed. Video and audio don't match...

I confirm the issue with unsynchronized video recording, but in my case is the video the delayed vs the audio.
Switching back to 6.11.10 due to this, is annoying to listen people talking before opening mouth, or things happening before real happening.

Anyway, thx team for the efforts.

I confirm the issue with unsynchronized video recording, but in my case is the video the delayed vs the audio.
Switching back to 6.11.10 due to this, is annoying to listen people talking before opening mouth, or things happening before real happening.

Anyway, thx team for the efforts.
Happening the same with me.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I have a problem with using search on status bar, always force closed. any fix for this? and play store can't download without wifi and theme store isnt english and cant buy themes using mi credit

I have installed 6.12.8 in redmi note 4 with mtk and I'm having a problem with Gmail opening pdf attachments. I can see the attachment but when I tap them nothing happens. Even when I tap the download option nothing happens. I've reinstalled Gmail but it's still the same. Then nova launcher is also closing when the phone goes to sleep. I find system launcher active. Does anyone else experience this? Also is there a way to reduce the force closing of apps when the home button is pressed.

I have a problem with using search on status bar, always force closed. any fix for this? and play store can't download without wifi and theme store isnt english and cant buy themes using mi credit
Wait for next weekly. Search might be fixed then.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Hi. Theme app says me don't connect. I tried wipe cache and still don't work. Mi5s plus

Inviato dal mio MI 5s Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: CyNote
Yes, you need a repartition of system memory. Do not forget to follow the steps and save all data of the internal memory of the phone.

Good Morning my friend,

Thank you very much! I will repartition today, 1GB space I think it's alright? MIUI8 Stable ROM for Redmi Note 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.