MULTI 6.5.5

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried to re-enable root access again in the security app but couldn't find it anywhere.
adbd insecure doesn't work for me either as it tells me it couldn't detect root (I had root in the past, didn't do anything other than updating via OTA).

When I run adb shell pm "nothing" happens, there is no output and the commands just returns.
Do you even have ADB access at all? What does adb devices show?

Once you do, install SuperSU and adbd Insecure. This is the fastest way.

For the record, if you want native superuser (without SuperSU), it's also possible but more cumbersome. The official way is to get the bootloader unlocked with Xiaomi's permission and apply again through the Security Center:
There's a way to bypass this but you'd need to figure out the details yourself. This hack for the MiPad might be a good place to get started:
Or just use SuperSU.

Reactions: Robert Huybrechts
I was wondering if there is a way to get automatic rom updates with the weekly rom? Like before on 4.4.4. Or i should download the zipfile every time and flash it through the updater.

Edit:Saw the first post about the OTA updates.

@StrangeOrange Yes, I do have adb access and adb devices does list my xiaomi mi4c.

I just checked SuperSU and it's not there anymore o_O. Did the xiaomi.eu rom exclude root once and I accidentally updated too early? Or am I having a fishy rom? The device came preinstalled with a custom rom from Honorbuy (it says MIUI 7.4 by xiaomi.eu 6.5.5 | Beta).

@StrangeOrange Yes, I do have adb access and adb devices does list my xiaomi mi4c.

I just checked SuperSU and it's not there anymore o_O. Did the xiaomi.eu rom exclude root once and I accidentally updated too early? Or am I having a fishy rom? The device came preinstalled with a custom rom from Honorbuy (it says MIUI 7.4 by xiaomi.eu 6.5.5 | Beta).
There's no root on this ROM...The ROM is faulty.

There's no root on this ROM...The ROM is faulty.

@Thomas Steinbrüchel
I was about to suggest you that boot into TWRP and flash or adb sideload the ZIP file to install SuperSU. I'm not familiar with the 4C ROM situation though, as I don't have this device and, since I wouldn't want to mislead you, now it's probably a good time for me to butt out of the conversation.

Essentially, I thought the original issue you had was because ADB did not run as root and could not switch to it. If you have no output from adb shell pm then this is also unusual.

On an unrelated note, I wouldn't trust a ROM preloaded by a third-party seller. The version information, even if it is accurate, does not guarantee the ROM was not tampered with.

I have a MI5 connected with a Samsung gear live (smartwatch).
With miui and only with miui when vibration is set on (smartphone) the watch goes in don't disturb...and don't make any vibration.
In settings (smartphone) don't disturb is disabled... So there's a way to enable vibration on watch when smartphone have no sound and "don'disturb" disabled?

I have wt88047. I am on Global Beta 6.4.14. LP. I cannot flash twrp from updater app. How can I install this ROM. Help needed.

Can anybody answer? Evertime i install new rom... i get no fix in gps. Everytime i have to do the steps with copy gps.conf for spain from this page http***en.miui.com**thread-201408-1-1.htmlin in /system/etc folder and Wipe Dalvik Cache... After i have many quick gps fixes. Why does the gps.conf from eu-rom is not working? I Use Mi4 cancro.....

have you frozen any system apps? usually this is the cause.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using tapatalk pro HD

No, I just checked, I haven't frozen any apps. I tried to remove cache and dalvik with twrp, didn't help either. When I flashed hennessy 6.5.5 again, the issue was gone. But then Google Play wouldn't start, so I installed GApps (pico) with twrp and now the issue is back again...

MI5 64Gb not rooted, Bootloader unlocked and TWRP Recovery (TWRP in boot only, not flashed because it seems you need to root the device to keep the custom recovery installed after reboots) => and it works fine for the moment :)
Thank you ! The rom fixed my fingerprint issues :)

In mi4 firts days oki. Then reboots aleatory and one Mi screen with botton bar how in first start after install rom.

Isues then mobile is chaging.

Waitin next weekend.

Thanks masters ;)

Hi everyone.

Did my first unlock/root yesterday since Nexus One!! Loving my new Mi5 :)

Lot's of catching up to do in the ROM scene :)

Love this one so far only the search in notification bar is VERY very annoying :( Any way to remove this somehow?

Keep up and good meeting you !! :)

Reactions: mnikolce
Hi everyone.

Did my first unlock/root yesterday since Nexus One!! Loving my new Mi5 :)

Lot's of catching up to do in the ROM scene :)

Love this one so far only the search in notification bar is VERY very annoying :( Any way to remove this somehow?

Keep up and good meeting you !! :)
Hello, I've never tried, perhaps installing a launcher, but "denaturalize" MIUI

Hello, I've never tried, perhaps installing a launcher, but "denaturalize" MIUI
I already use Nova Launcher, but this is not part of the launcher, this is in notification pull-down which is part of the ROM. Also not present in 7.2.2 Global ROM that came with my phone.

I like that Music bar is gone from notification, but now its replaced with Search bar :(

I have these things as widgets on my homescreen already.

Anyway now to test battery life :)

Also noticed Home Button sensitivity is down, I hope this is back to normal in next update.

Reactions: yChoon
I already use Nova Launcher, but this is not part of the launcher, this is in notification pull-down which is part of the ROM. Also not present in 7.2.2 Global ROM that came with my phone.

I like that Music bar is gone from notification, but now its replaced with Search bar :(

I have these things as widgets on my homescreen already.

Anyway now to test battery life :)

Also noticed Home Button sensitivity is down, I hope this is back to normal in next update.
Ok, I thought that with an alternative launcher was possible! thank you :)

I'm in too deep already. What do I do with that ZIP file? I have basic ADB but no apktool in my ADB folder. Any help for an noob?

Status
Not open for further replies.