MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flashed 6.6.16 on my Mi5. This is fantastic! It's also nice to be back using MIUI, haven't in almost 3 years now I think?!

So nice to be back to an international firmware that doesn't try pop the Mi Store every time I use a Play Store link :D

Tested so far:
- Camera, video + photos
- Bluetooth (Calls + streaming)
- Calling + Speakerphone
- NFC
- GPS
- Backup & Reset
- Mi Account works
- SMS
- 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi
- Notification LED all good
- Proximity sensor and gyro seems fine too

All very solid

Battery life so far has been great too, even better than Mi7 was.

Flashing was a breeze too, unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp, factory reset, then used adb sideload to push the firmware. Easy!

So far the only issue I've noticed (As a few others here have mentioned) is the touch isn't quite as responsive on the Home Button on the Mi5 when you simply tap it, rather than pushing the button all the way in.

Excellent work overall, awesome to see such a speedy release! :)
In a bang with the gang

Reactions: Stefano131270
That's true mate.
Sold my RN2 couple of weeks ago. Today I have ordered a new one, just the standard version and not the prime one for 129 bucks :) Can't await :)

RN3P 32/3. MIUI8. I don't have the photoes of incoming contact still.
Low free memory: I lose many times my bookmarks in browser. I have not this problem in MIUI7.
P.S. Thanks a lot for hard work with firmwares.

How can I install xiaomi.eu rom on Mi Max? TWRP is asking for a password...

edit: Solved with a factory reset.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Just landed in the forum! First, thanks to the great team for all this amazing work.
I got a RMN3PRO, everything unlocked and working super smooth with the latest miui 7 dev rom posted here. Just want to know if the camera app crash in miui 8 will be fixed, I use the phone in spanish and can't wait to update to m8!
Thanks!

Reactions: Stefano131270
Would like to report that my Redmi Note 3G (HMNoteW) after flashed from multi_lcsh92_wet_jb9_6.5.5_v7-4.4_2 to this latest version 6.6.16_v8-4.4 encounter problem that it is indicating my phone have No Service. The flash procedure is successful with following the steps given by PETXHMN. Hoping a fixed or a solution asap. Thx in advance.

P.S I'm from Malaysia using My Celcom line.

Edit 1 : Ive tried switching to sim tray 2 with no avail.

Edit 2: Nevermind suddenly it starts working normally. :)

Hi guys! Just landed in the forum! First, thanks to the great team for all this amazing work.
I got a RMN3PRO, everything unlocked and working super smooth with the latest miui 7 dev rom posted here. Just want to know if the camera app crash in miui 8 will be fixed, I use the phone in spanish and can't wait to update to m8!
Thanks!
I have miui 8 version 6.6.18 on rn3pro and i have not crash in camera app.

I have Miui 8 - 6.6.18 in my Redmi 3 and camera don't works. It crashed when I try to open..

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

Anyone having issue clock disappear from statusbar?
Mine is gone in All page launcher,
My friends MiNote Pro appears in page which dont show clock widget
Me too, and come back later. I've this issue with a phone call that cannot end. Issue with status bar

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

You must do full wipe before installing MIUI 8 from MIUI 7. Did you do that?
I have installed 6.6.17 with full wipes and everything work fine. But when I installed 6.6.18 I only did wipe cache/dalvik, and the only bug that I see is the camera app. Sorry for my English.

I have installed 6.6.17 with full wipes and everything work fine. But when I installed 6.6.18 I only did wipe cache/dalvik, and the only bug that I see is the camera app. Sorry for my English.

I think you must do full wipe again and then install again 6.6.18 or just wait for Friday new version and hoping it'll fix that issue.

Reactions: davidlozoya19
Try:
Security - permission - autostart - choose app..
Settings - notifications - app notifications - tap on app you choose all options (no priority)..
If not works
Settings - battery - manage apps - choose app - no restrictions..
Also try to uninstall and reinstall app..
It didnot work....
When iam cleaning the memory it doesnot get notifications....
Can you help me again please

Status
Not open for further replies.