MULTI 6.7.7/11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, here is some feedback. I am from Colombia (South America). I own a Redmi note 3 (Kenzo). I had read all the wonders of this rom but hadn't flashed as I thought it was tunned for European countries and wouldn't work as smooth here in South America. I just didnt want to have WiFi /GPS /DATA issues as mentioned by some members.

To my surprised this rom works perfect. I finally flashed it and so far so good. All functions ok, LTE, WIFI, GPS, CAMERA, ETC. All working great. I'll definitely stick to this rom for a while. Now I will install super user to tweak it a bit more.

Just a question, how to install weekly updates? Through updater app or can I dirty flash using TWRP?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: (^.^)
Screenshot_2016-07-02-10-23-25-750_com.miui.securitycenter.png
y
Screenshot_2016-07-02-10-23-25-750_com.miui.securitycenter.png
@FERNANDO VICENTE
Redmi Note 2 prime, is OK
On RN2 batery drain fast, mobile signal is to high and i dont why. After restart its ok.Screenshot_2016-07-02-10-23-25-750_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Reactions: Stefano131270
I was fast enough to get this 6.7.7./8 rom tom my MI5 before i got deleted. First it was working just fine. I even told that swaping camera to back and front would not freeze. Thats not true after all. Swaping those and between gallery, phone will freeze. Battery is way much worse than in 6.6.23.
New camera UI is much worse than earlier. Why in the hell you would put HDR option in right corner that is difficult to reach. Camera icon is not followed phones turning vertical to horizontal. Do people in xiaomi team even test these before they put it out there?

So, back to it. Back to 6.6.23 and wait for next update.

Reactions: HofMan
Mi4 MIUI8 6.7.7 (eu version) cannot sync Message and Call History, Couldn't get info about sync progress.... said it. and when I type Vietnamese character in URL box inside browser, the character disappeared, looks like an error (MIUI V7 won't have these errors)

I was fast enough to get this 6.7.7./8 rom tom my MI5 before i got deleted. First it was working just fine. I even told that swaping camera to back and front would not freeze. Thats not true after all. Swaping those and between gallery, phone will freeze. Battery is way much worse than in 6.6.23.
New camera UI is much worse than earlier. Why in the hell you would put HDR option in right corner that is difficult to reach. Camera icon is not followed phones turning vertical to horizontal. Do people in xiaomi team even test these before they put it out there?

So, back to it. Back to 6.6.23 and wait for next update.
Ask chinese....

Installed on Redmi Note 2 Prime.

The ROM itself works fine. No issues with calls, text, camera or network.

Only issue, like others, is the major battery drain. It dropped 7% in 5 minutes when the phone was idle. I'll probably go back to 6.5.5 for now and wait for improvements to the power management before updating again.

Edit: It does charge very fast though. Much faster than before.

Reactions: thaimax
All of you crying for bad battery, did you try with full wipe without restoring (so, fresh install of all the apps) anything?

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

George, the Rom is absolutely best of best. You read complaints from perfectionists who points out little imperfections which have to have in such complex project as MIUI is.
Before my MI 4W I changed phones every two weeks... Now, my one year old Mi4w feels fresh and better than ever only because and thanks to this great xiaomi.eu team and OUR miui8 roms for every Xiaomi device.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

:) If you are happy, then is the best and I'm nobody to tell you otherwise.

But!

I'm back to 6.5.30 for following months... as MIUI 8 is still in inception faze. Not even in beta faze!
It is called beta, but they are now learning to make it.
It suppose to be better, but it's worst ever. Battery drain, bugs with thousands, camera is f**k up, it's not even in par with a weekly CM or testing rom from a beginner.

Sadly, but true!
Xiaomi.eu team is making all the best to give us the roms, and i thanked them many times.

The main culprit here : Xiaomi DEVELOPERS.. who are not really fixing old bugs, but introduce new one's. At some point special teams really wondered if they know how to fix the bugs, and from where to start.
A lot of initial dev's leaved the company and a bunch of new one's arrived. So ... there is a certain degree of doubt that new ones will ever fix the old bugs and start fresh.
They don't even know how to twitch the ISO values with exposure to give us better pictures.
I have sent, since 2014 the correct values and what to change in order to have the same quality in auto mode that we had in manual mode with correct values set.
2 years latter and ... nothing changed... a lot of noise in the night shots. Even with Mi4c and Mi5.

So yeah.. flash weekly and hope to the best!

Reactions: speedst3r
Installed on Redmi Note 2 Prime.

The ROM itself works fine. No issues with calls, text, camera or network.

Only issue, like others, is the major battery drain. It dropped 7% in 5 minutes when the phone was idle. I'll probably go back to 6.5.5 for now and wait for improvements to the power management before updating again.

Edit: It does charge very fast though. Much faster than before.
I do not understand this! I have Redmi Note 2 prime early September, this is one of the best ROM for the battery! Clean the phone, still install, try to understand what is the problem

Yeah I've been playing around with phone and app settings all day. No luck so far.
My brother had a micro sd, who worked very badly, the phone is discharged incredibly fast. We removed the card and solved the problem. New micro sd and the phone is perfect! I do not know what can be the relationship with a micro sd, but it is important to solve the problem

Reactions: whisk
My brother had a micro sd, who worked very badly, the phone is discharged incredibly fast. We removed the card and solved the problem. New micro sd and the phone is perfect! I do not know what can be the relationship with a micro sd, but it is important to solve the problem

Sounds like it's worth trying. I'll give it a go later tonight and let you know if it works. Thanks for the tip.

Everything looks ok, but always this crazy battery draining by android system ans services....... Lost 4 to 5 hours compared to miui 7 !!!! I think this is the first thing to fix before including new things !!!!!
mi2s 32go.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change music player's current track using volume buttons when the screen is locked?
Thanks

OK, instead of removing the SD card I've removed SIM2 from its slot. The battery drain seems to have slowed down a little bit. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the tip. Hadn't thought of looking into either the Sim or SD card.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Ok, you have to try everything, the battery allows you around 4.5 hours of SOT in 20 Standby
Looks like I didn't reply to you properly. Just installed tapatalk and I'm still working out how to use it. But see below for what happened.
OK, instead of removing the SD card I've removed SIM2 from its slot. The battery drain seems to have slowed down a little bit. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the tip. Hadn't thought of looking into either the Sim or SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.