MIUI 8.2 6.8.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its sad to see that none of the custom firmwares of miui supports mi4i anymore. Is it not possible to use global dev as base?
i'm Mi4i user too from Indonesia.. officialy xiaomi phones in my country only Mi4i and Redmi 3 Pro(SD)! No other!
also there are very xiaomi phones in here, like Mi4c(more cheap than Official my Mi4i!), Redmi 3/Pro/X, Redmi Note 2/Prime, Redmi Note 3 Mediatek and others.. but they are distributor warranty, not Official waranty..
i think its not fair for Mi4i user..
Official Waranty = Not get update
Distributor Warranty/Blackmarket = get update

I also don't understand why all the android stuff is what drains my battery. It's my first phone where this happens.

Battery life is OK, it's just don't understand this behavior.

9c0dae127721aec9c72d02ba4148d7a1.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Hello!!! Anybody body has problems with Redmi 3 and the camera?

I can´t focus when I press the screen, only focus in the center :S

Nice ROM, only 1 problem: connecting with my Mi Band 2 is not possible.

I already restarted bluetooth and the Mi but I'm not lucky :(

See my previous post. Flash the modem from previous 6.8.11 or stable to get the battery life back. It is a bug in chinese 6.8.18 modem

Just curious. Which modem version was in 8.11 and now in 8.18? I am not using any of these roms at the moment but wish to know. Thx

Nice ROM, only 1 problem: connecting with my Mi Band 2 is not possible.

I already restarted bluetooth and the Mi but I'm not lucky :(
I have problems with bluetooth too, but Sony smartwatch 3. Last week build worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: sota01
Hey guys, does someone knows how to restrict some apps like miui browser, gallery, video, etc completely? I mean the permissions. On a CM based ROM you can restrict all permissions per app with the privacy guard. I know I can use Xprivacy, but it causes issues with Marshmallow based MIUI ROMs. I am currently on 6.8.18 (Mi4w), which works fine for me. Thanks

Go to settings => installed apps, look for the app you want to set the permissions for and on the bottom it says 'app permissions', you tap it and you can see all the permissions and toggle them on/off.

Option 2 is Security app = > Permissions => Permissions, and you can see all apps from there sorted by permission

Sure, but try this with some MIUI apps like the browser. No chance, it get activated as soon you leave the settings. Try it

Sure, but try this with some MIUI apps like the browser. No chance, it get activated as soon you leave the settings. Try it

I use 3C Toolbox Pro to freeze these apps and disable all receivers and services, I use poweramp, quickpic etc instead of these apps.
You can also disable basis android permissions with this app.

But really MIUI should allow us to restrict these apps.

Anyone with Redmi Note 3 SD have issues with Google Translate when trying to translate using images( not camera). When I select the images icon to pick photos, the Google translate page just flashes and goes back to camera view.

Appreciate anyone who uses Google translate to try for me just to see if is only affecting me or could this be a bug.

I am translating from Chinese to English

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.