MIUI 8.2 6.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So
Yes you can, but recovery version of rom (not fastboot)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
So through Mi updater its the recovery verison and through twrp its the fastboot version.No problems using the updater method while on eu rom right?

So

So through Mi updater its the recovery verison and through twrp its the fastboot version.No problems using the updater method while on eu rom right?

Mi updater its system update method;
Recovery update method is through TWRP/Mi Recovery;
By using Mi flash tool with ROM (download in tgz extension) is fastboot mode;

You can see all the methods here: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

You shoudn't have any problem on eu rom with any of these methos, but I suggest you to use TWRP/fastboot method while updating the rom.

Correct me if I'm wrong please

I'm sad that Second Space is not working in Redmi 2 Prime, it was my main reason to try MIUI8, I guess I'll wait for a new version...

Is there a way to hide the labels of toggles buttons (Wi-Fi, Torch, GPS, etc)? They are unnecessary and take a lot of pixel space...

Gallery issue fixed on this rom btw? On previous rom, whenever i try to play a gif from gallery, it will just crashed. Help please?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I'm sad that Second Space is not working in Redmi 2 Prime, it was my main reason to try MIUI8, I guess I'll wait for a new version...

Is there a way to hide the labels of toggles buttons (Wi-Fi, Torch, GPS, etc)? They are unnecessary and take a lot of pixel space...
Not atm on miui8 but if i remember you can only change position of icons.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RangoX
After 4 days, no reboot, great!
bugs:
Whatsapp share from gallery, app gallery crash.
Long pressure to home button does not work for Google Now.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Check in Settings > Additional settings > Buttons > long press for home button = launch Google Now ... To me it works

Reactions: gsuez
Hello. How could I change the colors of Settings?. I dont like different colored icons, I want like ROM Stock. Thanks.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Xiaomi.eu have changed the color of Settings, the colors in the Chinese developer rom are different, its gray.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Could you make "MultiLang. Mi Max 64GB / 128GB China" Stable Rom?
(Version: V8.0.2.0.MBDCNDG (MIUI8) )

Mi updater its system update method;
Recovery update method is through TWRP/Mi Recovery;
By using Mi flash tool with ROM (download in tgz extension) is fastboot mode;

You can see all the methods here: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

You shoudn't have any problem on eu rom with any of these methos, but I suggest you to use TWRP/fastboot method while updating the rom.

Correct me if I'm wrong please
You're quite correct. Guess the words are getting meddled here. Twrp is recovery method, but for that we need the "fastboot" version of the ROM as far as I know. And to upgrade via mi updater, we need the recovery version of the ROM. Thanks for the info.. I am checking out that link.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You're quite correct. Guess the words are getting meddled here. Twrp is recovery method, but for that we need the "fastboot" version of the ROM as far as I know. And to upgrade via mi updater, we need the recovery version of the ROM. Thanks for the info.. I am checking out that link.

But I updated my rom via TWRP with a .zip file instead of a .tgz as you would need in case of fastboot method.

zip file= system and twrp update
tgz file= fastboot update (Mi flash tool)

Im sure of this :p

Hi! Flashed Mi 3W in 5.12.4. KK 4.4.4, in General, temperature, time autonomy, and when speaking hear me okay, happy!

I saw 6.9.8 preview highlights. Another week of useless update. As there is Android 6.0 rom circling around, still alpha but bugs are fixed pritty fast I am afraid that MIUI will loose battle. I mean updates are full of useless things and why dont you edit miuisystem.apk and add ex. audio focus or video stabillization instead of some calcs "improvings". No offense but for me it doesnt make sense. All this is regarding particular RM2 which I own. There are better roms at this point also for other Xiaomi phones.

Reactions: mcHammer T
How come my voice recording continues to write to the same folder ? I thought for 6.9.1 the call recording will be organized differently now ? Do I have to do anything to configure it ?

I saw 6.9.8 preview highlights. Another week of useless update. As there is Android 6.0 rom circling around, still alpha but bugs are fixed pritty fast I am afraid that MIUI will loose battle. I mean updates are full of useless things and why dont you edit miuisystem.apk and add ex. audio focus or video stabillization instead of some calcs "improvings". No offense but for me it doesnt make sense. All this is regarding particular RM2 which I own. There are better roms at this point also for other Xiaomi phones.
This is expected of Xiaomi, they never disappoint adding crap updates

Really. Never even bother to go fix the bugs they introduced by themselves while implemented new mickey mouse features.

Reactions: Oyabun Wiep
i have mi max 32gb, want to try this rom.. are this rom 4G ready? because in global beta no 4G.

But I updated my rom via TWRP with a .zip file instead of a .tgz as you would need in case of fastboot method.

zip file= system and twrp update
tgz file= fastboot update (Mi flash tool)

Im sure of this :p
Thanks mate..confusing stuff with xaiomi..there are so many variants of Roms and methods..I feel as if by modding my redmi note 3,I have almost got a diploma in Computer science

Xaiomi is ahead of its time.. pretty sure that in the next 100 years we will need to check the "air quality index" in weather app! However presently,I wish they had given some simple features like dismissing notification from the lockscreen and more options for the navigation keys. The long press to go to previous app, was present in almost all the CM and aosp based 5.1.1 Roms, yet it's missing in Xaiomi. Next week they might add the 5th method to take screenshot!

i have mi max 32gb, want to try this rom.. are this rom 4G ready? because in global beta no 4G.
Really? I am on the 18 aug version of this ROM. I can see 4g and volte options on my Redmi note 3. I think it should be there for your phone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.