MIUI 8.2 6.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed the problem with root and AdAway!
Rebooted it TWRP and Clear dalvik and cache.
After that I flashed su 2.78, again cleared cache and dalvik .
After reboot all was OK.

4.4 vs 6.0 (aka Miui 7 vs Miui 8)
I switched to miui7 (Android 6.0) and then to miui 8(android 6.0) for a few months now.
A lot of changes and improvements in these new versions but still... the battery life is horrible.

With a usage that with android 4.4 would last 3 days, with android 6. it lasted less than half.

After a few months of frustration I've downgraded back to KK and ...it was gooood :)

The battery lasted for 3 days and 4 hours with an Screen On time of 3h 45 mins

Considering these and the fact that the visual improvements are not that big...I think I'll say goodbye to MIUI 8 and Android 6.
Hi! What version 4.4.4? The firmware number can say? Thank you

Hi, i have Mi5 with unlocked bootloader and Miui8 China Developer and i want to install TWRP in order to flash Xiaomi.eu weekly ROM.
Which of the recovery i must install:
1. TWRP_gemini_6.5.7+.zip or
2. TWRP_gemini_MIUIv8.zip
I ask because i read that TWRP 3.0.2.1 have some issues.
Thank you!

official 3.0.2-1 is buggy as hell, and official 3.0.2-0 has no USB OTG support.

Use this one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx5Fv74n-TBpdzR3NjYzZGYxQk0

It is twrp 3.0.2-0 version with fixed USB-OTG support. Same as what we have integrated in our ROM. Works flawlessly...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx5Fv74n-TBpdzR3NjYzZGYxQk0

Following SuperSU is transferred to CCMT, do we have any alternative to root Mi5?
There is phhSuperuser, I think I'm gonna try this during this week.

Quite concerned about this company. I'm uninstalling SuperSU right now.

sent from my Mi5

Last edited:
I have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP fine on my Mi5 (originally containing 7.3.4 global).

How would I install the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.9.1_v8-6.0.zip file linked from the first post of this thread on my phone?
I have extracted the files and flashed system.img, boot.img, but now the phone is in an endless booting loop where it seems to load the system for the 1st time for a few minutes, but then restarts and begins the whole process again...
Could the reason be that I have to do something with the included "firmware-update" directory before?
(I can't use miflash because it complains about missing .bat files. :-( But flashing via fastboot and adb works)

I have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP fine on my Mi5 (originally containing 7.3.4 global).

How would I install the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.9.1_v8-6.0.zip file linked from the first post of this thread on my phone?
I have extracted the files and flashed system.img, boot.img, but now the phone is in an endless booting loop where it seems to load the system for the 1st time for a few minutes, but then restarts and begins the whole process again...
Could the reason be that I have to do something with the included "firmware-update" directory before?
(I can't use miflash because it complains about missing .bat files. :-( But flashing via fastboot and adb works)

Do not extract ROM.zip file, copy to internal storage and install via TWRP

Hi. I have a MI4C Please , does not the lock to prevent accidental calls when stored in the bag. Thank you.
Greetings.
IMG_20160905_133458.jpg

I updated mi5 6.9.1 and all applications now without message. Mail, push, and other. Autoload all on. What a problem. Thanks

Отправлено с моего MI 5 через Tapatalk

I successfuly installed xiaomi.eu rom for the first time without any problem.
The only problem I am facing is whatsapp notifications are not coming,,, only when I open whatsapp app, then notification comes. I have even locked the app in recent tray. Any suggestions?

I successfuly installed xiaomi.eu rom for the first time without any problem.
The only problem I am facing is whatsapp notifications are not coming,,, only when I open whatsapp app, then notification comes. I have even locked the app in recent tray. Any suggestions?
Modify battery saving settings for WhatsApp. Open Security app > Battery Saving > App battery saving > look for WhatsApp and check "no limitations"

sent from my Mi5

There is phhSuperuser, I think I'm gonna try this during this week.

Quite concerned about this company. I'm uninstalling SuperSU right now.

sent from my Mi5

Following SuperSU is transferred to CCMT, do we have any alternative to root Mi5?
Just installed phhSuperuser. It's working fine. Bye bye SuperSU.

May I suggest to anyone to not update SuperSU to 2.78 until this situation is clarified?

sent from my Mi5

Last edited:
Hi guys, i have a problem with MMS, i can not receive them, or send them, even the APN is correctly configurate !!
Does someone has a solution, or had this MMS problem on his MI5 ??
I am on this new 6.9.1 ROM
Thank you

Do not extract ROM.zip file, copy to internal storage and install via TWRP
thanks, but I'm afraid it's too late now ... my phone is in an endless reboot loop (after trying to initialize system for a few minutes). I can get into fastboot and recovery (twrp), how can I reinstall my phone that way .... any help appreciated!

4.4 vs 6.0 (aka Miui 7 vs Miui 8)
I switched to miui7 (Android 6.0) and then to miui 8(android 6.0) for a few months now.
A lot of changes and improvements in these new versions but still... the battery life is horrible.

With a usage that with android 4.4 would last 3 days, with android 6. it lasted less than half.

After a few months of frustration I've downgraded back to KK and ...it was gooood :)

The battery lasted for 3 days and 4 hours with an Screen On time of 3h 45 mins

Considering these and the fact that the visual improvements are not that big...I think I'll say goodbye to MIUI 8 and Android 6.
Same to me.I flashed 5.12.11 with full wipes,from twrp directly on merged partitions,without any issues.Waiting one build without battery drain.

thanks, but I'm afraid it's too late now ... my phone is in an endless reboot loop (after trying to initialize system for a few minutes). I can get into fastboot and recovery (twrp), how can I reinstall my phone that way .... any help appreciated!

Get into recovery with a pendrive OTG plugged, select install zip, select storage and use the pendrive with the rom inside without decompress

1. Get into fastboot mode
2. Install latest china developer fastboot ROM using MiFlash (flash all)
3. Copy latest xiaomi.eu developer ROM.zip into internal storage (you can use Type-C USB-OTG pendrive too)
4. Install TWRP recovery.img* via fatsboot mode using ADB commands
5. Reboot to TWRP recovery and format data to remove encryption
6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
7. Install latest xiaomi.eu developer ROM.zip
8. Optional: wipe -data -cache -dalvik/ART -internal storage
9. Reboot to system

*use this TWRP reovery: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5Fv74n-TBpdzR3NjYzZGYxQk0/view

Reactions: Stefano131270
Why so difficult to understand that update for RN3Pro is temporary suspended due to issues caused by the changeover to marshmallow based MIUI release...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Sorry, my mistake. Hadn't read the problems about android 6.0. Don't know if it was already added there. Just trying to make things clear for myself. I love the work of the team. There is no doubt in that.

Reactions: graw2
Hello,

Sry for my english is not very good.

I have a problem.
I have the xiaomi MI5 and your roms.
There were already 2 SIM cards destroyed may be due to the rom?

My Sim cards are from T-Mobile austria. I hope you can help me.

Hello,

I have a problem.

Which version of our ROM?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hello,

I have a problem.

There almost zero chance to be destroyed by android os, more likely hardware issue.
In which way your sim cards are destroyed, did you checked them also on some other device?

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.