MIUI 8.2 6.9.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi4c owners info:

I just restored 7.1.6.0 stable backup. Came from 6.9.29. What a battery staminaaaa!
Battery lasts at least 40% more!
6.9.1 was good, a reason I returned to miui8 again, but every later update was worse so I left it again.
Whole day of office work, bunch of a voice calls, commuting, Wi-Fi, bt, dual sim.. after 12 hours I have 63% left on first charge to 95% only!!!! 32% in 12 hours!!!!

God bless 7.1.6.0 stable!!!!

Poslano sa mog Mi-4c koristeći Tapatalk

Miui8 for mi4c Totally disappointing... from miui 7.5.4.0

Mi-4c cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Installed on friday and everything seems to work fine but the battery is still bad, I can't get more than 5-6 hours of sot. Will go back to 6.9.9

RN3Pro
Went back to 6.9.9 (dirty flash). After reboot, I was constantly getting the "gallery has stopped working" or "notes has stopped working" alerts. I tried many different solutions found on the internet but only a clean install fixed the problem.

RN3Pro

(This is not me bashing the developers, just trying to help in case someone else has the same problem)

Went back to 6.9.9 (dirty flash). After reboot, I was constantly getting the "gallery has stopped working" or "notes has stopped working" alerts. I tried many different solutions found on the internet but only a clean install fixed the problem.

RN3Pro

(This is not me bashing the developers, just trying to help in case someone else has the same problem)
That will happen sometimes if you are reverting back to older version.
In this situation make data backup and wipe dalvik and cache if that doesn't help then wipe all data in twrp.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

RN3Pro

Loool...
Always do WIPE DATA when reverting versions or go to stable.
Imagine that newer version have a new setting like adding a new setting to a button.
If you choose that setting and then reverting to an old version that don't have that you will have a FC...
So resuming:
Always do WIPE DATA when reverting versions or go to stable.

Hoping this helps someone else.

I just used Titanium backup to freeze the gallery app and now I can attach photos in Facebook, Gmail etc.

Matt

Thanks for the update!
Problem with the wifi settings in my Mi2s. The proxy is set for manual in wifi networks without my interference.

I found an issue : the minimum brightness in Android 6.0 version is still "brighter" than the one in the previous Lollipop version. Don't know if this issue occurs in another model. I'm using Kenzo.

Worse update ever. Its heating my device and draining the battery.

Waiting for the next one to fix this problems.

MI 5, english language

Anyone else has Google Play services "Searching for GPS" non-stop ? Cannot force close it either....

P.S. Kenzo user.

Last edited:
Reactions: qbert
After whole week without detect this problem, yesterday the screen has blocked it orientation in portrait mode: left or right landscape or inverse portrait were unavailable.
Several tests of gyroscope were unsuccesfull.
At last, I have to reinitiacice my Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo) a couple of times. Now, the phone turns screen and gyroscope test don't say error

Anyone else has Google Play services "Searching for GPS" non-stop ? Cannot force close it either....

P.S. Kenzo user.

Hi, had same problem with previous rom but I don't have it anymore since 1 or 2 versions

Mi4c

Hey, I tried going back ot the official MIUI 8 ROM on my Mi 5 after having battery drain issues on this ROM but both times I got stuck on the boot screen. I waited over 20 minutes but ended up having to re-flash 6.9.29

Here's what I did:
-reboot to TWRP
-flash official ROM
-perform a factory reset
-reboot

Can someone tell me the steps I should be taking?

Are you trying to reflash recovery rom or fastboot rom ? If you are flashing with TWRP you must use fastboot rom.

P.S. I never did that thought so I might be wrong

Hey, I tried going back ot the official MIUI 8 ROM on my Mi 5 after having battery drain issues on this ROM but both times I got stuck on the boot screen. I waited over 20 minutes but ended up having to re-flash 6.9.29

Here's what I did:
-reboot to TWRP
-flash official ROM
-perform a factory reset
-reboot

Can someone tell me the steps I should be taking?
I don't know about MI5 but at redmi 3 we should cooking boot image if we want flash official rom with twrp. Or you can flash via miflash with tar rom (twrp will be gone)

Hi, I'm still on version 6.5.26 (the last MIUI 7) on my Redmi 3. I'm wondering whether I can upgrade to MIUI 8 directly or do i need to perform a device wipe first?

Hi, I'm still on version 6.5.26 (the last MIUI 7) on my Redmi 3. I'm wondering whether I can upgrade to MIUI 8 directly or do i need to perform a device wipe first?
Make data backup. Wipe data in twrp, flash rom.
If there is difference in android baseline( lolipop, mm etc.) you'll maybe needed to flash different twrp version from fastboot. First try to flash rom with current twrp, if it gives errors then flash new twrp.
Just to be on safe side also check if you device is still unlocked.

Make data backup. Wipe data in twrp, flash rom.
If there is difference in android baseline( lolipop, mm etc.) you'll maybe needed to flash different twrp version from fastboot.
Just to be on safe side also check if you device is still unlocked.

I cannot use Mi PC suite to make a backup (it doesn't recognize this rom apparantly). Is a backup with MI Cloud enough to restore my data (settings, messages, call history...)?

I don't know about MI5 but at redmi 3 we should cooking boot image if we want flash official rom with twrp. Or you can flash via miflash with tar rom (twrp will be gone)

No need to cook boot.
ROM from here is with already patched boot.
Also if you replace recovery.img from official ROM with twrp recovery you'll have it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.