• NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using stable 8.0.2 on my redmi 3s.
I want to root my phone.
Can I root without losing my data?
Will I be able to update my phone OTA later when any new update will come?

Any suggestions? Reflash rom or wath? This is anoying i never know do i have signal or not when wifi is on always shows bonbon4G and signal icon, but theres no service, only when i turnoff wifi it shows "no service"???

And one more question, after second flash of rom, mount ok, when it finished flashing, it reboot in system by itself, it didnt offer me to wipe dalvik and cache or reboot to system... it just reboot by itself is that normal?

Guys, you are very dissapointed me :)
Look at this way... Flashing rom is like crossing a street, you follow a norm of checking a light to be green and then go to other side, some ppl also do that but in addition take a second and carefully look if there are cars going towards them and how far are they, so that can safely walk to others side and not get run over by person catching rare pokemon while holding in one hand phone and other hand on steering wheel.
Back to flashing, you don't need to delete but if you wanna minimize (not huge)potential risk of some problems, then you do that aditional steps.
My advice would be if you already using (without issues) that base version of miui and of android then you don't need but if you are upgrading from lets say miui 7 to miui 8 or from kitkat to lollipop then wipe partitions.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Redmi Note 2 prime
battery 100%, install ROM, + 30 minuti charghe
I'm still testing battery but I think of being far away from your results. It's true clash of clans is really bad for battery but anyway it's kinda unacceptable result.
Sounds when unlocked and locked was always present, right?? Or just added??
In any case I just discovered them and they're nice.
Overall I found this rom very fluid and without any lag at all, its always fast.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
And one more question, after second flash of rom, mount ok, when it finished flashing, it reboot in system by itself, it didnt offer me to wipe dalvik and cache or reboot to system... it just reboot by itself is that normal?
Never had similar issue, did you flash correct twrp version?
On your place i would first try to wipe dalvik and cache if didn't help then again download rom and reflash with wiping partitions.

Look at this way... Flashing rom is like crossing a street, you follow a norm of checking a light to be green and then go to other side, some ppl also do that but in addition take a second and carefully look if there are cars going towards them and how far are they, so that can safely walk to others side and not get run over by person catching rare pokemon while holding in one hand phone and other hand on steering wheel.
Back to flashing, you don't need to delete but if you wanna minimize (not huge)potential risk of some problems, then you do that aditional steps.
My advice would be if you already using (without issues) that base version of miui and of android then you don't need but if you are upgrading from lets say miui 7 to miui 8 or from kitkat to lollipop then wipe partitions.

Those examples..lol

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Never had similar issue, did you flash correct twrp version?
On your place i would first try to wipe dalvik and cache if didn't help then again download rom and reflash with wiping partitions.

Now after rewipe and reflash everything works fine, BTW it reboot itself agin after flash was finished, i use official TWRP 3.0.2.2, will see but permissions and everything else is working like a charm!

Reactions: severica25
I flashed Kenzo now via TWRP 3.0.2-2. I have unlocked bootloader officially. Just deleted dalvik/cache before and after flash and rebooted, no data or system delete. All works for me, it was pretty fast also (around 10 minutes). Thank you :)

Now after rewipe and reflash everything works fine, BTW it reboot itself agin after flash was finished, i use official TWRP 3.0.2.2, will see but permissions and everything else is working like a charm!
Imho don't worry about reboot if it successfully finished flashing.
And good call about reflashing.

Reactions: Korkyr@
Tnx, Im not worryed, made backup so no fear, but its strange, i flashed a lot of roms but they never reboot by itself...nah maybe just a bug ;) End after first bootloader unlock and reflash, bootloader was unlocked so no need to unlock it once more :D

Last edited:
My installation on Kenzo (official bootloader unlocked !), Xiaomi.eu Dev 6.8.18 to 6.9.8 :

- Twrp Alka.
- Backup !
- Flash 6.9.9.
- Wipe Cache/DalvikCache.
- Flash SuperSu 2.76.
- Reboot System.

One reboot, and rapidly have a second reboot. After 6 minutes the smartphone have boot.

Reboot in Fastboot, connect to computer, start Mi Unlock, and unlock Bootloader. After Reboot.

Smartphone reboot and i have 6.9.9 on my Kenzo :).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 Pro *.*

Reactions: Fabian7ro
hello ingbrzy thanks for support and roms. I just Wondering Have you heard any news or rumor of mi4c android 6 marshmallow.
no hope?

Mi-4c cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions: Siggei
After flashing this rom
Sometimes after I reboot force close error for process.acore
How can we fix ???
I cleared the system app preferences but still not fixed
any suggestion
thanks
Mi Note Pro - Leo

Last update wiped my system too...dunno why.
Anyways this time (move from 5.1 to 6.0) i wiped the whole data myself to start from scratch and everything works like a charm till now :)

it even has the new emojis!

After flashing this rom
Sometimes after I reboot force close error for process.acore
How can we fix ???
I cleared the system app preferences but still not fixed
any suggestion
thanks
Mi Note Pro - Leo
Clear dalvik and cache from twrp, reboot and check how is behaving. If still issue, change language in rom to English. Reboot and check.
Didn't solve issue, then downloading again rom just to be sure it isn't corrupted and reflash but this time wipe partitions.

D
Has anyone tried to use Google now on tap? I think I have read, Now on tap needs a version of gapps above pico. I have always flashed nano or micro on my other devices and now on tap worked there. I am not sure which variant of gapps is included in eu rom. Those who have already downloaded the rom and if you're not getting now on tap,can you please flash nano or micro or anything above pico opengapps and report back?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Don't flash GApps! You'll get a constant 'Unfortunately Setup Wizard has stopped' message that cannot be cleared and prevents you from using the phone!

It seem that the issue happen in Kenzo if using TWRP cofface 3.0.0 ?
Solution is enter TWRP, reboot again into TWRP and flash. If upgrade from LL, need to unlock bootloader again. Is it right?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone.
I have had a bad experience with Xiaomi Redmi Note3 phones. Not because of the phone, but because of the ROM they came with by purchasing from non official sellers. A big headache for me.
Wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem.
Unfortunately, I am in AU/NZ and there are no official distributors here, so I had no option but to buy from non official sites.
(following below, I had to remove links from my message because I am new to this site, and the system would not let me post with links or email addresses)

First one from "Eternal Team" AliExpress store.
They never said the ROM they were providing he phone with was modified. But I found out the hard way, by many problems... ROM was even infected with virus and spyware.
I found out all this a bit too late as Aliexpress Dispute time frame is very short, and had expired after receiving it just on the mark. The seller did not own up to their sale, and wanted me to send the phone back to them (at my cost), once recieved they would pay me back. However they gave me no guarantee of this... of course I did not send it back.
I recommend everyone to stay away from this seller. Here is a link to the phone I purchased:
www_aliexpress_com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Prime-FDD-Cell-Phone-MTK-Helio-X10-Octa-Core-MIUI7-Fingerprint/32549116686.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.101.J5f5Ft

I bought a second phone from AliExpress (not learning from the first one).
This time from another store, who had a very attractive price.
I never recieved the phone, and it took many weeks of dispute with them and escalating to AliExpress Dispute team.
I was lucky this time and got my money back, but just learning from my first bad experience with Eternal Team... I quickly openned my dispute before time expired... Seller kept asking me to close the dispute, please, and they would return my money. In the dispute, they were proposing only %50 refund...
If I was to close the dispute, I would have never seen a penny of my money again.
Here I got my money back, BUT lost 2 months of my time!!!
This seller is a SCAMMER, and still selling in AliExpress. BEWARE!
They are called: POP music
And here is a link to the phone they were selling (and I bought but never received):
www_aliexpress_com/snapshot/3008842269.html?orderId=30187113133413
By the way, PopMusic gave me a fake tracking number, and kept ignoring my messages; they never replied to me until I opened the dispute. And it was only to ask me to close it and they would refund.

And now I kind of 'got tricked' to buying a third phone.
(I was still looking after several months of getting bad phones)
Tricked because I thought I was purchasing from a legit Xiaomi store. I quickly learned I was not... this is now, having received the phone just last week, and testing it out... finding it is also provided with a modified and locked ROM.
I say tricked because the way it was presented on the website, I thought I was buying from an official distributor, and this is actually just another one of the same guys as the ones above. I paid quite a lot more, and only because I thought these guys were legit/professional. Shipment was fast, via DHL, from Singapore, and the box was sealed.... but I have come to realize later, that they would have resealed using their own sealing system; as ROM is not original, and on their product description they do say the phone ROM will have Google Play Store added by them (nothing about locking out things like the bootloader and Updater software...)
And they also are now not answering my messages.
One good thing, maybe and I hope so, is that they did offer payment via PayPal, and I used it. So I am hoping that Paypal will come thru when I put my claim in the next day or so (just giving the store a few days to respond with something acceptable... before I claim via Paypal).
The store is "XiaomiDevice", and they offer several variants of Redmi Note3 phones.
See here:
www_xiaomidevice_com/redmi-note-3.html
Since I started looking into them, I have found they go by several other names: XiaomiDeviceShop, GSD, FocalAndroid

Anyone else lived this experience I am going thru?
Any good outcomes?

So, the two devices I have on hand now, are:
1)_ Xiaomi Redmi Note3 Prime (Helio)
2)_ Xiaomi Redmi Note3 Pro (Snapdragon)
Both have locked bootrom.
Anyone successfully been able to load an unlocked bootloader and official ROM?
Once that I can manage the phone properly, without spyware, without viruses, and with the ability to update via the Updater app, and backup/upgrade via MiPCSuite ?

Thank you for your time in reading my post.
And eager for solutions or others with the same experience where we may be able to team-up and help each other out.

Hi Everyone.
I have had a bad experience with Xiaomi Redmi Note3 phones. Not because of the phone, but because of the ROM they came with by purchasing from non official sellers. A big headache for me.
Wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem.
Unfortunately, I am in AU/NZ and there are no official distributors here, so I had no option but to buy from non official sites.
(following below, I had to remove links from my message because I am new to this site, and the system would not let me post with links or email addresses)

First one from "Eternal Team" AliExpress store.
They never said the ROM they were providing he phone with was modified. But I found out the hard way, by many problems... ROM was even infected with virus and spyware.
I found out all this a bit too late as Aliexpress Dispute time frame is very short, and had expired after receiving it just on the mark. The seller did not own up to their sale, and wanted me to send the phone back to them (at my cost), once recieved they would pay me back. However they gave me no guarantee of this... of course I did not send it back.
I recommend everyone to stay away from this seller. Here is a link to the phone I purchased:
www_aliexpress_com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Prime-FDD-Cell-Phone-MTK-Helio-X10-Octa-Core-MIUI7-Fingerprint/32549116686.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.101.J5f5Ft

I bought a second phone from AliExpress (not learning from the first one).
This time from another store, who had a very attractive price.
I never recieved the phone, and it took many weeks of dispute with them and escalating to AliExpress Dispute team.
I was lucky this time and got my money back, but just learning from my first bad experience with Eternal Team... I quickly openned my dispute before time expired... Seller kept asking me to close the dispute, please, and they would return my money. In the dispute, they were proposing only %50 refund...
If I was to close the dispute, I would have never seen a penny of my money again.
Here I got my money back, BUT lost 2 months of my time!!!
This seller is a SCAMMER, and still selling in AliExpress. BEWARE!
They are called: POP music
And here is a link to the phone they were selling (and I bought but never received):
www_aliexpress_com/snapshot/3008842269.html?orderId=30187113133413
By the way, PopMusic gave me a fake tracking number, and kept ignoring my messages; they never replied to me until I opened the dispute. And it was only to ask me to close it and they would refund.

And now I kind of 'got tricked' to buying a third phone.
(I was still looking after several months of getting bad phones)
Tricked because I thought I was purchasing from a legit Xiaomi store. I quickly learned I was not... this is now, having received the phone just last week, and testing it out... finding it is also provided with a modified and locked ROM.
I say tricked because the way it was presented on the website, I thought I was buying from an official distributor, and this is actually just another one of the same guys as the ones above. I paid quite a lot more, and only because I thought these guys were legit/professional. Shipment was fast, via DHL, from Singapore, and the box was sealed.... but I have come to realize later, that they would have resealed using their own sealing system; as ROM is not original, and on their product description they do say the phone ROM will have Google Play Store added by them (nothing about locking out things like the bootloader and Updater software...)
And they also are now not answering my messages.
One good thing, maybe and I hope so, is that they did offer payment via PayPal, and I used it. So I am hoping that Paypal will come thru when I put my claim in the next day or so (just giving the store a few days to respond with something acceptable... before I claim via Paypal).
The store is "XiaomiDevice", and they offer several variants of Redmi Note3 phones.
See here:
www_xiaomidevice_com/redmi-note-3.html
Since I started looking into them, I have found they go by several other names: XiaomiDeviceShop, GSD, FocalAndroid

Anyone else lived this experience I am going thru?
Any good outcomes?

So, the two devices I have on hand now, are:
1)_ Xiaomi Redmi Note3 Prime (Helio)
2)_ Xiaomi Redmi Note3 Pro (Snapdragon)
Both have locked bootrom.
Anyone successfully been able to load an unlocked bootloader and official ROM?
Once that I can manage the phone properly, without spyware, without viruses, and with the ability to update via the Updater app, and backup/upgrade via MiPCSuite ?

Thank you for your time in reading my post.
And eager for solutions or others with the same experience where we may be able to team-up and help each other out.
This might help you:

http://en.miui.com/thread-246711-1-1.html

For any other questions go to:
http://en.miui.com/forum

You will find all you need there! ;)

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: tungnguyen253
Incorrect, AFAIK alka TWRP is preferred for MM roms on kenzo
Personally installed several roms without any issue, today`s global beta official included
Xiaomi.eu too?
Epic rom MM based had issues with nom original twrp

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 3 usando Tapatalk

After update my kenzo 6.8.18 to 6.9.9, I got issue with rebooting android every 2-3 minutes. I don't know what is depended. I'm wiped data and system and install 6.9.9 again, everything was ok till I restore system preferences via Titanium Backup, and now I have same issue with rebooting :((
I don't know what to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.