Screenshot_2016-12-16-16-30-21-170_com.primatelabs.geekbench.png

ANTUTU BENCHMARK:

Screenshot_2016-12-16-16-49-40-569_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png

I just don't really understand why Antutu gives out a low score :/

Very strange as I feel it should be higher

Reactions: smjunaid
I just don't really understand why Antutu gives out a low score :/

Very strange as I feel it should be higher
Yes antutu gives a good score if u keep ur device cool during the bench.. i know it sounds stupid but try running antutu with phone in freezer for 5 mins.. and u will see dramatic increase :)

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: ivan.martinko
So, quick update.

Managed to unlock bootloader last night by updating to the new Global Dev for the Mi5S Plus.

However a new problem has arisen, as usual. Using ADB, it recognises the phone whilst in normal mode with USB debugging on. The moment I reboot it into fastboot mode (to flash TWRP), it doesn't recognise it anymore. The drivers are installed as I disabled windows driver signature verification, but the phone is just not recognised anymore.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Try installing the driver using pdanet. Put your phone to fastboot mode, install pdanet, it will detect you phone. Adb driver should be installed. I had problems installing driver for redmi note 3 pro before, using pdanet works.

Sent from my Redmi 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: M3th0s
UPDATE: I have created a thread in the Mi5S Plus forum about using Dual-apps with third-party launchers

If you use a second launcher and use dual apps, you'll realise that your apps may disappear from the app drawer.
If you switch to MIUI Launcher, all apps will show fine.

I think I will follow your steps. I have the same phone with a fake ROM and I will root, flash and install a weekly ROM.

It's worth it, one thing I do like about this ROM is the icons within the Settings app.

The original ROM doesn't have this I think, it makes it look tacky without them.

Reactions: Grillo Falante
I

You do everything through their app on the PC.

It unlocks your OEM bootloader if you have an account that's verified from Mi themselves.
Thank you for the reply. How do I get verified? I have a mi account and I have sent them a request. I also have an account on their "official" forum. What do they send in the email for me to unlock it? I have already downloaded the software to unlock it. But I'm sacred to use it because I still haven't got their reply email.

Last night I unlocked my mipad2 and install TWRP and .eu's ROM in it without sending the unlock email. I used one of their forum's guide.

So I'm confused.

Reactions: Grillo Falante
You can do the same process with a ROM file that allows you to flash it with a locked bootloader but at the moment I do not have the links to the guide and downloads.

I think I did attempt it with my Mi5s Plus but it failed which is why I unlocked it.

They should only take a few hours and you will get a text saying your request has been accepted and a code I think.

Reactions: seaeyes
You can do the same process with a ROM file that allows you to flash it with a locked bootloader but at the moment I do not have the links to the guide and downloads.

I think I did attempt it with my Mi5s Plus but it failed which is why I unlocked it.

They should only take a few hours and you will get a text saying your request has been accepted and a code I think.
Thanks for all the help. Finally rooted and booted with new .eu rom. Feels good! :D

Edit: Oh wait, Play Store is not opening. I'm trying to flash gapps now. Will report back later.
Edit: Play store is now working! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: AsadP
Thanks for all the help. Finally rooted and booted with new .eu rom. Feels good! :D

Edit: Oh wait, Play Store is not opening. I'm trying to flash gapps now. Will report back later.
Edit: Play store is now working! :D

Awesome!!

Great post and enjoy your Mi5S Plus like I am!

Reactions: seaeyes
I make all the process:
1) bootload unlocked (easy)
2) rooted my old phone (hard)
3) backup of some apps with Titanium backup (easy)
4) rooted my Xiaomi mi5s Plus (medium) [adb+TWRP+SuperSU]
5) backup of some apps with Titanium backup (easy)
6) download new .eu ROM (easy)
7) install new ROM (medium) [adb+TWRP+ROM]
8) rooted (easy)
9) restore backup (medium) some configuration lost, some apps didn't work well

Now that I have my phone with all this potential, I wanna go further. @AsadP, why do you use Xposed?

I make all the process:
1) bootload unlocked (easy)
2) rooted my old phone (hard)
3) backup of some apps with Titanium backup (easy)
4) rooted my Xiaomi mi5s Plus (medium) [adb+TWRP+SuperSU]
5) backup of some apps with Titanium backup (easy)
6) download new .eu ROM (easy)
7) install new ROM (medium) [adb+TWRP+ROM]
8) rooted (easy)
9) restore backup (medium) some configuration lost, some apps didn't work well

Now that I have my phone with all this potential, I wanna go further. @AsadP, why do you use Xposed?

I use it to see what modules are created (weekly) and try them out, mainly I use SNAPPREFS, YouTube AdAway & Greenify (ROOT)