MIUI 8.3 7.2.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!
This is a common problem with MiUnlock these days... I got the approval 3 - 4 days ago, and since then, I have been trying to unlock my bootloader on Mi4c. But, it constantly failed at 50%. However, today, I finally got it unlocked.

[...]

After that, click on the area as shown in the above picture and remove all devices. yes, trust me. After that, logout of Mi Account on your Mi4c. and factory reset your phone (if possible).

Then, when setting your phone again, and when logging into Mi Account on your phone, make sure your phone has enough credit so that it can send one international SMS. This way, your phone will register with Mi Cloud services and will activate Find Device service which is essential prior to unlocking bootloader.

[...]

I am stuck at 50% unlocking my bootloader as many others these days. I got confirmation and UnLock tool is working fine but can not verify device.

I tried above method and my Mi4c is located fine. There are no other devices in i.mi.com.
However, I cannot do a factory reset. When going to settings etc. the phone just restarts. Of course I can't enter bootloader, as it is locked. Any advice or ideas?

I can't use 'ok google' voice commands with option 'From every screen' enabled in Mi5 after updating to 7.2.16. Afterwards, I have done a clean install and the error is still there... With that option enabled, it even doesn't recognize the 'ok google' command inside the google search app. If i deactivate the option it works (just in the app)... but i think also that there are problems with the text-to-speech, because sometimes talks, sometimes doesn't... For example, if i ask for the weather tomorrow.... Can anyone confirm that this doesn't happen only to my unit?
i have check everything i have find about this... autostart.. permissions.. battery in background behaviour... and still no luck
Thank you!!

The best version actually, gps works on my mi5, alleluia ^^
Battery life is good enough to do 2 days with classic use.
Pour les français ayant un mi5, c'est la meilleure version que j'ai pu testé de xiaomi eu, le gps marche enfin!

hi everyone! please answer. how to update mi4c to latest weekly?(step by step) im officially unlock the device. twrp is installed. it has v.8.2.1.0 Stable now on device (xiaomi.eu)

hi everyone! please answer. how to update mi4c to latest weekly?(step by step) im officially unlock the device. twrp is installed. it has v.8.2.1.0 Stable now on device (xiaomi.eu)
step by step is in front page if you read it carefully
1. install latest china developer rom
2. unlock bootloader again from there
3. install twrp for 7
4. flash eu weekly rom

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Stable release in mi5s (8.2.2) is showing a wrong format on permission messages. It doesn't shows correct name of function (example: phone, contacts, location). It shows like a open and close a head on a web page on html...

--
Sent from my mi5s

I have a question: If I stayed on a beta update like this, is there any possibility that ROM force me to update? This can cause overheating if has to download the next update and then execute it. My girlfriend suffer from this 1 year ago...After that, I had to install a stable release in her phone.

I read that the 8.2.2 stable release for the mi5s has some bugs actually... independent, i prefer to use it until we get Android 7.

Can anybody help me to make a choice to have the best stable release (not draining ROM too) to install on my mi5s?

Thank you. You are awesome!

--
Sent from my mi5s

I have a question: If I stayed on a beta update like this, is there any possibility that ROM force me to update? This can cause overheating if has to download the next update and then execute it. My girlfriend suffer from this 1 year ago...After that, I had to install a stable release in her phone.

I read that the 8.2.2 stable release for the mi5s has some bugs actually... independent, i prefer to use it until we get Android 7.

Can anybody help me to make a choice to have the best stable release (not draining ROM too) to install on my mi5s?

Thank you. You are awesome!

--
Sent from my mi5s
Not draining ROM = ROM that manages the battery well

--
Sent from my mi5s

step by step is in front page if you read it carefully
1. install latest china developer rom
2. unlock bootloader again from there
3. install twrp for 7
4. flash eu weekly rom

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
i read that! i
thought i can just update somehow... but i cant understand (because of you) - i need to unlock bootloaded AGAIN???

please explain better.
Please read better!
From post no 1:
Your BOOTLOADER will be relocked after upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO so unlock it by en.miui.com/unlock after ROM installation again!!!

How to upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use latest SuperSU

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

If I install this beta ROM, does it force you to update in the future without your consent?

--
Sent from my mi5s

is it normal that the
With reuploaded version for mi4c i have First four core at min 30% of CPU load at 1440mhz and latest two core offline. It is normal?
it's only my problem? I have re uploaded version. I'm seeing this from cpu-z

I can't use 'ok google' voice commands with option 'From every screen' enabled in Mi5 after updating to 7.2.16. Afterwards, I have done a clean install and the error is still there... With that option enabled, it even doesn't recognize the 'ok google' command inside the google search app. If i deactivate the option it works (just in the app)... but i think also that there are problems with the text-to-speech, because sometimes talks, sometimes doesn't... For example, if i ask for the weather tomorrow.... Can anyone confirm that this doesn't happen only to my unit?
i have check everything i have find about this... autostart.. permissions.. battery in background behaviour... and still no luck
Thank you!!

Yes, no voice reply for ok google commands like time, weather etc. confirmed, but that problem exists since the very first Nougat MIUI ROM build. I already tried EVERYTHING in settings permission etc., also contacted the MIUI dev team several times for that problem, but that just doesn't seem to be important for them. It's only on MIUI based on Android Nougat.

Yes, no voice reply for ok google commands like time, weather etc. confirmed, but that problem exists since the very first Nougat MIUI ROM build. I already tried EVERYTHING in settings permission etc., also contacted the MIUI dev team several times for that problem, but that just doesn't seem to be important for them. It's only on MIUI based on Android Nougat.

Thanks for the answer man... i think i will change to global and see if it works there... For me it is a fundamental feature...

So sad that every new ROM keeps getting worse and worse...

Huge battery drain on my MI5...
Over 51% of android usage of battery...

I love Xiaomi phones... But im very dissapointed about ROM development...

Thanks for the answer man... i think i will change to global and see if it works there... For me it is a fundamental feature...
Unfortunately, this wont help. Every MIUI Nougat build has got this problem with no voice reply, no matter if China or Global. You can only switch to the stable ROM to fix that issue, cause the stable build is still on Android 6 Marshmallow. Of course depending on your device. I'am talking about the MI Max now :)

Mi Max Pro has huge battery drain while idle and gets very hot.
Battery usage shows Android system as the culprit.
I tried everything from resetting to factory settings to reflashing, but to no avail.
Just reverted to the latest stable, and now my phone is as cool as ice! Battery drain and high temperature are gone. So much for Nougat

Status
Not open for further replies.