Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 274 85.6%
  • NO

Votes: 46 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Changelog - China] MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 7.3.2 Changelog Preview: Screen Recorder, Notes

Screen Recorder - Introducing Screen recorder
The Screen Recorder feature has finally brought to the Dev ROM

Notes - Layout adjustments for shared photos
In this updates, we modified the layouts for shared notes. (Such as adding frame, Picture alignment, Fonts spacings, etc. )

Gallery - Renaming an existing album
Users were requesting 'Renaming' an existing album feature earlier before. In this update, we have implemented Album Rename feature.

Note: - Above features may not be include in Xiaomi.eu roms.

I want to update my device (RN2) so I will wipe cache and dalvik? Then I will install rom. Is it right?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

[Changelog - China] MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 7.3.2 Changelog Preview: Screen Recorder, Notes

Screen Recorder - Introducing Screen recorder
The Screen Recorder feature has finally brought to the Dev ROM

Notes - Layout adjustments for shared photos
In this updates, we modified the layouts for shared notes. (Such as adding frame, Picture alignment, Fonts spacings, etc. )

Gallery - Renaming an existing album
Users were requesting 'Renaming' an existing album feature earlier before. In this update, we have implemented Album Rename feature.

Note: - Above features may not be include in Xiaomi.eu roms.
when will this be available?and is that some feature may not include?

Why is it when I downgrade it gives issues? I want to go back to .22 but gallery etc. Giving issues

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
hi. this is normal if you dirtyflash a downgrade as files were changed trough the updateprocess on the data partition. you have 3 possibilities:
a) update to latest release again with dirtyflash
b) restore a backup of your data partition from 6.12.22 in twrp (if you did one back then)
c) make a clean install of 6.12.22 with wipe data in twrp
greetz

Reactions: DHYNAMiXX
when will this be available?and is that some feature may not include?

On Friday as normal!

The preview changes may not be included in xiaomi.eu roms, is just in case that some features might not make it. But for listed features I don't see why not this time. But sometimes Chinese bloatware is removed or not included (smart assistant for example).

Still no Stable Version 8.2 for Redmi 1s And still no public statement as to why? In spite of assurances that we would still get Stables when Devs were dropped for Android 4.4 devices the Redmi 1s owners have been lied to and forgotten. Remember that most long-term members of these forums started out with the Redmi 1s and now it seems we have forgotten where we came from.

Take it easy man, communication could have been probably better but these guys must be overwhelmed, to make matters worse Xiaomi keeps releasing new phones, it is unbelievable they still make weekly updates.

As per your question I opened a thread and @ingbrzy replied, please find it here.

"Technically impossible as system partition is smaller than ROM.. So it will not boot anymore... You had great 3 years of support for this lowend device.. Time to move..
Don't worry, your device will not explode without updates..!"

hi. this is normal if you dirtyflash a downgrade as files were changed trough the updateprocess on the data partition. you have 3 possibilities:
a) update to latest release again with dirtyflash
b) restore a backup of your data partition from 6.12.22 in twrp (if you did one back then)
c) make a clean install of 6.12.22 with wipe data in twrp
greetz
I am on the latest now, I don't have a backup or smt from .22

So the only thing is an install with all data whipe?

Take it easy man, communication could have been probably better but these guys must be overwhelmed, to make matters worse Xiaomi keeps releasing new phones, it is unbelievable they still make weekly updates.
As per your question I opened a thread and @ingbrzy replied, please find it here.
"Technically impossible as system partition is smaller than ROM.. So it will not boot anymore... You had great 3 years of support for this lowend device.. Time to move..
Don't worry, your device will not explode without updates..!"
@ingbrzy already wrote this in the 7.2.16-thread, but not everybody is willing to read all posts of a thread:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-16-17.38651/page-7#post-353572

First of all, shove your politeness up your ass, you are not my mom. You are wrong if you think I have no respect for each member of xiaomi.eu team. I just want to make MIUI great again.
This is purely personal of course, but I find your tone unnecessary impolite. Is that really needed?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5s met Tapatalk

Reactions: trustkill
Redmi note 3 MTK - unlocked, and installed china dev - BUT I can't install TWRP via fastboot... flashing is OK but fastboot boot twrp.img ends with uknonw command any help?
Solved with twrp from official twrp web.

Last edited:
@ingbrzy swedish language get crash when you click on aditional options/buttons (same issue than old issue with norway language :) ). Mi MIX.

Thanks! :D

Thank you for your response. Somehow i flashed it after wiping system, cache, dalvik, data, and cust. I read somewhere that it is not advisable to wipe cust. But when i did, it magically flashed the eu rom. Is there an explanation for this?
Never wipe system.

Try reboot recovery and install again. If it doesn't work you could try modify "\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" file, remove assert line from beginning, drop modified file back to rom .zip, upload .zip to phone and install...

Or MiFlash Xiaomi original rom in EDL or fastboot mode and start over.

Is anyone else have issues with very slow download (~150 kb) on latest stable on mi5?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I am on the latest now, I don't have a backup or smt from .22

So the only thing is an install with all data whipe?

as far as i know it downgrade does not work without wiping data. but you can do backup of all partitions in twrp first if you ever want to go back to latest release.

Reactions: Morvarid
Should stable ROM users follow the instructions mentioned in the first post? I would like update from 8.1.6.0 stable to 8.2.1.0 stable. Do I have to install 6.11.10 as mentioned and then 8.2.1.0 or can I install directly 8.2.1.0 on 8.1.6.0.
tnx in advance.

mi5 pro

Someone to share how is this build for Mi5s? SOT time, and generally stability.

Last time i checked i got 5hours of sot and 30% left 1d10hours on battery so its pretty good and no issues so far, besides de qfp service wich i disable to get this stats

Should stable ROM users follow the instructions mentioned in the first post? I would like update from 8.1.6.0 stable to 8.2.1.0 stable. Do I have to install 6.11.10 as mentioned and then 8.2.1.0 or can I install directly 8.2.1.0 on 8.1.6.0.
tnx in advance.

mi5 pro
I tried it. No need for stable updates (I guess :) )

Redmi note 3 MTK - unlocked, and installed china dev - BUT I can't install TWRP via fastboot... flashing is OK but fastboot boot twrp.img ends with uknonw command any help?
Solved with twrp from official twrp web.

Hi i got same problem command is missing and i get ful command list,
please can you send me a link of your twrp , i got mtk china stable 8.1.3.0 , and cant root

Any one know how to make wallpaper Carousel working with custom wallpaper
I don't have Android/com.mfashiongallery.emag/files/Picture/defaultImage/
its in data/data/com.mfashiongallery.emag/files/Picture/defaultImage/ instead under the system

Reactions: Morvarid
After upgrade to nougat or android 7, there is a bug when you download.

When you download and the screen is off / locked the download is stopped.

Or when you download and minimize the browser (chrome, uc, cm) the download lost the connection.

Hope can fix this on new weekly

Someone to share how is this build for Mi5s? SOT time, and generally stability.
Mine is Mi5sPlus. The performance is better but battery is poorer. Before my phone can survive from early morning to midnight. But for this rom, the battery is 10% left at 5pm

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dr.MTR
Status
Not open for further replies.