MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to flash the reuploaded mi max rom because user reports of lost sim card and wifi service after superuser su installation ?? Please answer , also if imei and sim number is lost how to recover from that ?

yay, Android 7 is running on my Mi-4c :)

- Made a full backup with twrp
- Made MI backup for contacts etc.
- Made manual backup of foto's etc.
- Flashed new ROM without wipe.
- No heating, no battery drain, so far so good :)

Thanks Xiaomi.eu

Todo list:
- Wait for unlock permission
- Unlock phone
- Intsall twrp
- Enjoy future xiomi.eu roms
could you test the voice note on whatsapp? i've got a problem with voice note in mi4c nougat version

Which root app you used? And which version?

Good Call Jerry - update my twrp to 3.2.2-0 and Supersu to 2.79. Everything is working :)

Reminder to self - always read the instructions before diving into the pool.

BTW it would be great if Google smart lock would work on Miui, buts that's a discussion for another time and thread.

Reactions: JoernH and Stunned
Did you read the 2nd post ? The bootloader is being relocked because of change from L to N on those devices. So no, 3S/3X are fine.

Rule of a thumb - Nougat is considered a work in progress, therefore if anyone wants a stable device, go flash stable.
Okay,thanks bro

Sent from my Redmi 3X using Tapatalk

On Nougat other phones could assign last opened app to recent's button long press, didn't find the option here?

Is it safe to flash the reuploaded mi max rom because user reports of lost sim card and wifi service after superuser su installation ?? Please answer , also if imei and sim number is lost how to recover from that ?

I had this issue due to flashing the wrong SuperSU, make sure you flash ROM from TWRP / Clear cache / Dalvik and then Install Super SU 2.79 / Clear Cache / Dalvik, then reboot and wait 5-10 minutes for the new 7.29 rom to load

If you do *#06# you should still see both IMEI numbers, I don't think it loses the "core" part of the device if you flash incorrect SU version, I think it messes with efs partition which in turn does something to the qualcomm baseband driver / file space area

Havent had any dramas with my Baseband / Wifi / 4G yet
I did lose it though flashing a wrong version of Super SU but recovered fine once I followed the steps in the initial post properly
so far so good and have had no issues with Australian Telstra 4G

For authorization in mi note pro i have to flash global dev? I have to wait 3/4 days?
First you have to request the authorization, of course, then the wait of 2/3 days at most.
Unlocking with either China dev or global dev.

First you have to request the authorization, of course, then the wait of 2/3 days at most.
Unlocking with either China dev or global dev.

On my Mi Max I managed to unlock with Global Stable, was a pain as I had an account issue preventing the 50% bar in unlock tool, once I removed my google account / properly read the instructions I got full unlock of my phone / bootloader

Quite happy with the new 7.29 rom, not too bad, considering I was on RR 5.8 and 5.8.1 and kept losing 4G coverage every 2 seconds, it appears MIUI must have a better baseband file / configuration prop as any custom ROM based on CM 14.x has reception problems for me in Australia, sometimes its good, sometimes drops to 3G and then cuts out then back to 4G

I didn't find any new feature on that update for my Mi Note Pro, anyone found something?

Last edited:
Layout error on my max prime, in the security app the icons under permissions tab are all half off the screen,
35e05e506b223aa150e17144451f8775.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Nougat, it is smoother but I haven't found new features yet.
You do realise that many of the changes are

- Security Patches - Nougat contains latest patches for Android
- Behind the scenes stability updates / better smoothness / ram management
-
Layout error on my max prime, in the security app the icons under permissions tab are all half off the screen,
35e05e506b223aa150e17144451f8775.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Looks like a scaling issue
moot point really as the features work as intended
I run a DPI changer tool (root required) and changed my DPI to 400
Much better overall phone tbh and icons look better

Reactions: ugorugor
If new 7.0 version is released next weekend for mi max pro, We need the actual version to update or we can update with the 6.12.22?

yes, I have activated both: USB debugging and activated also OEM unlock.
But did not help. The option for the unlock status below is not available.
It did works for me..
Strange..
Well, try it for next day.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

hi, I'm on 13.0-20161220-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YA03XM-gemini of Cyanogenmod and I want to upgrade to this Rom. What Have I to do? I have TWRP

You do realise that many of the changes are

- Security Patches - Nougat contains latest patches for Android
- Behind the scenes stability updates / better smoothness / ram management
-

At least I would have liked to have "last opened app" key as have the pixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.