MIUI 8.3 7.4.13/14

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I have a Mi5C.

I downloaded TWRP Song, loaded it with ADB. But unfortunately it asks for a password to decrypt partition data ?! ?! I never encrypted anything nor set up a password to the phone. What should I do ? It is impossible to mount nor wipe. Please help me
Just format the partition

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Hello

I have a Mi5C.

I downloaded TWRP Song, loaded it with ADB. But unfortunately it asks for a password to decrypt partition data ?! ?! I never encrypted anything nor set up a password to the phone. What should I do ? It is impossible to mount nor wipe. Please help me
Format data partition and reboot back to twrp recovery.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Reactions: Stefano131270
Just format the partition

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
Format data partition and reboot back to twrp recovery.

Unfortunately if I want to format the partition I get "unable to mount" error in the log.

Could you tell me step by step how to wipe correctly? And also once I wiped, will my zip still be in the internal storage?

Last edited:
found 2 bugs (already present in previous version):
- MTP bug - phone not shown in "system explorer" [windows 7]
- when connected via usb to a PC, screen wake-up and shut down 5-10 times with a 15 secs interval between each time. After some times, it rest shut off ,as normal.

Someone did post about the way around the MTP bug previously (i can't recall whom).

All you need to do is go to control panel > device manager > portable devices > right click on your device (Mi-4c) > Update driver software > Browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > make sure MTP USB Device is selected > next. Don't forget to select 'Transfer files' under the USB option from the notification dropdown.

I never had a problem of screen wake-up and shutdown as you describe anyhow.

Reactions: PeTiT
Someone did post about the way around the MTP bug previously (i can't recall whom).

All you need to do is go to control panel > device manager > portable devices > right click on your device (Mi-4c) > Update driver software > Browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > make sure MTP USB Device is selected > next. Don't forget to select 'Transfer files' under the USB option from the notification dropdown.

thanks a lot mate, it works.

I never had a problem of screen wake-up and shutdown as you describe anyhow.
your solution solved this problem too ! ! ! THANKSSSSSS

Last edited:
Reactions: Rpeet
In order to make Mi Cloud sync work without any issue including the ominous Messaging and Call history syncs then below 2 steps is enough:

1. Settings > Installed apps > Mi Cloud > App Permissions > Enable all
2. Settings > Installed apps > Xiaomi SIM Activate Service > App Permissions > Enable all

If you use Mi Cloud backup option as well then below permissions also needed:

3. Settings > Installed apps > Mi Account > App Permissions > Enable all
4. Settings > Installed apps > Mi Cloud backup > App Permissions > Enable all

That's all...it is not necessary to do anything else...

Something is wrong in my MiNotePro.
SIM is not recognized: Call and SMS are without backup. Any idea?

Inviato dal mio MI NOTE Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unfortunately if I want to format the partition I get "unable to mount" error in the log.

Could you tell me step by step how to wipe correctly? And also once I wiped, will my zip still be in the internal storage?
What twrp version do you have?
Update to latest twrp first if it's old and try again.

Check from Menu "Mounts" that you have Data and Cache mounted and "Make system read only" unticked. After that go to Menu "Wipe" and "Format Data" and type "yes" and it will format.
After that reboot your device back to twrp.

Something is wrong in my MiNotePro.
SIM is not recognized: Call and SMS are without backup. Any idea?

Did you enable all the permission mentioned by me in steps from 1 to 4? If yes then try tap on sync now manually first in messages and call history

Reactions: davidesocci
Did you enable all the permission mentioned by me in steps from 1 to 4? If yes then try tap on sync now manually first in messages and call history

Manually backup seems to be ok, i found sms in MiCloud (but app label is disabled). I have already Contact backup problems.

4a78738bded750d21dea005f6d7c70df.jpg

Last edited:
What twrp version do you have?
Update to latest twrp first if it's old and try again.

Check from Menu "Mounts" that you have Data and Cache mounted and "Make system read only" unticked. After that go to Menu "Wipe" and "Format Data" and type "yes" and it will format.
After that reboot your device back to twrp.

From this tutorial I downloaded the twrp song (Twrp 3.0.1) as my Rom version is called song = meri.

Do you think I should take another one? I have Mi5c if that's matters. On the twrp website my telephone is not listed, that's maybe why I experience problems?

Edit : I'm in the recovery right now. the twrp_song.img again asked for a data partition password. I dont have nor know what it could be (no password except my sim card on this telephone). If I go in Mount I have the following options : Cache, System, Persist, Cust, External SD and USB Storage (the 2 last being untickable as they are non existing on my device). But no data as you requested. It makes sense in a way, if it encrypted and I dont have the password, how could the recovery mount it ? I am clueless

Last edited:
A small question:
I installed version 7.4.14 (mi5 / 32gb) and updated every week.
I have little bugs and wanted to know what the right procedure was to restore the phone and then install 7.4.14 again.
Bootloader unlocked and last twrp installed
thank you

A small question:
I installed version 7.4.14 (mi5 / 32gb) and updated every week.
I have little bugs and wanted to know what the right procedure was to restore the phone and then install 7.4.14 again.
Bootloader unlocked and last twrp installed
thank you
theorically the procedure is:
- reboot in recovery
- full wipe
- install rom zip
- full wipe (again, it's gratis... ;) )
- reboot and you're done

PLEASE NOTE:
1. full wipe will erase ALL you app installed (and app-data and app-settings). You will have a phone "as just opened from the box"
2. I read here (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-4-13-14.39618/page-17#post-365253) that full wipe for some mi5 can brick your phone. So be careful

Reactions: ripperhack
Now (after manual sync) call and sms backup are working, but i have 3 contacts still without backup! Can I identify the three contacts?
a2f4a45443ba816c2830257ada0abe8b.jpg

Hey, I'm not following miui since a long time. What's the status of NFC payment? Do bank apps/similar (such as Vodafone Wallet) work if the phone is not rooted?

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Does anyone know, why the page for unlocking the bootloader does not work? It just writes something in chines (translation is:

Account system upgrade, temporarily unable to register, will be the identity of visitors to visit ...

Thank you.

Anyone else having very high battery drain since 7.4.6 (still with 7.4.14) on Mi5? We have three different devices, all the same problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.