Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 300 86.2%
  • NO

Votes: 48 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • If on the odd chance your Bootloader gets relocked (happens on android version upgrades), unlock it again using the official method (which will work on xiaomi.eu rom because you have already done it in the above step).

So, say, Redmi 4A got an Android base upgrade to Nougat, I can just officially re-unlock my bootloader via this xiaomi.eu build?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, this morning I flashed the global official as well, but miui unlock tool still saying that my device is not supported.

I have static noise with my earphones Hybrid pro with this rom, Kenzo machine :)

Last edited:
I am unable to change ringtones and sounds...
Have you noticed the same?
Redmi 4/Prime w/ v7.5.11

I am also on Redmi4/Prime...changing ringtones and sounds works for me on v7.5.11

But my Notification LED does not work on this version...:-(

Reactions: sas_sas
I have static noise with my earphones Hybrid pro with this rom, Kenzo machine :)
Solved.
Go to root/system/etc and find mixer_paths_wcd9326.xml line and change to "CLS_H_LP" to "CLS_H_HIFI"

Last edited:
I tried...and I failed. I flashed the official developer rom in EDL mode, everything ok, but still got the "your device isn't supported" in MIUI unlock tool.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, this morning I flashed the global official as well, but miui unlock tool still saying that my device is not supported.

Unlock Mi 4c Bootloader
Above guide says you may need china developer version for the unlock.
Make sure your logged into the same account on your phone and the unlock tool. Can you find your device on https://i.mi.com/
You could also try an older version of the unlock tool found here. Bottom of the page

So, say, Redmi 4A got an Android base upgrade to Nougat, I can just officially re-unlock my bootloader via this xiaomi.eu build?

In theory yes. When my 'Kenzo' was locked after updating to Marshmallow, I successfully unlock again while on xiaomi.eu rom. Needs to be Officially Unlocked previously.

Unlock Mi 4c Bootloader
Above guide says you may need china developer version for the unlock.
Make sure your logged into the same account on your phone and the unlock tool. Can you find your device on https://i.mi.com/
You could also try an older version of the unlock tool found here. Bottom of the page

I finally did it. I used Global but tried to ask for permission from my original account (which was incomplete) and it worked, then I flashed twrp and installed xiaomi.eu custom rom. Now the only issue is I made a backup of everything yesterday using twrp (for android 7) byt now it seems that when I go on restore there aren't any files (although I put the backups in the BACKUPS folder).

Now the only issue is I made a backup of everything yesterday using twrp (for android 7)

Did you copy them off your device? Flashing in EDL mode would have wiped your data partition.

Edit: Sorry for not mentioning doing backups in the steps, I listed earlier. I forgot not all devices have an sdcard for backups.

7.5.15 for MiMIX Android 7.0 released!
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195899619

- Fixed proximity sensor issue

Good work dude! :D

Yesterday I released Epic ROM Nougat 7.5.11 v.3.0 for Mi MIX in XDA, En.miui, epicrom.wordpress.com, and htcmania.com with this issue fixed also. You saw it I guess :D.

If you need help in the future with Xiaomi.eu builds with anything, please let me know (although you have a better knoweledge than me, sure...), but I will really happy to help you in all that I can :).

Let's start the -nougat- party!! :D

Reactions: mnikolce
There's a bug on Mi4S weekly rom, where when one tries to swap the MENU and BACK buttons via /system/usr/keylayout/atmel-maxtouch.kl
the home button no longer brings you to home screen, but instead brings you to the top of the app you are in (Like the Home button on a keyboard).
At the same time, the MENU and BACK buttons don't get swapped even when swapping its values.
Any help on this?

Did you copy them off your device? Flashing in EDL mode would have wiped your data partition.

Edit: Sorry for not mentioning doing backups in the steps, I listed earlier. I forgot not all devices have an sdcard for backups.

solved. The folder path I re-created was wrong. Now only issue is: I made two backups, one data only and one data/boot/system (o something like that). I restored data only and the phone seems to be slow and jerky, but above all, all the music is gone. Strangely, the storage seems to be the same to when music appeared on the phone. Now I'll try and restore the other backup, hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.