Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 259 83.0%
  • NO

Votes: 53 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I skip the updates between versions and update the one I prefer or I need to follow the route and update numberwise?
Latest update should included the previous one right?

Can I skip the updates between versions and update the one I prefer or I need to follow the route and update numberwise?
Latest update should included the previous one right?
Yes you can do that.
Or you should back to stable ROM version

Reactions: Shitoken
if I have supersu - do I need to flash update and then flash supersu, or will it update through updater?

Hi, on RN4x, after selecting zip file from update app, it restarts phone to TWRP. After that, I tried manualy to install zip file, but it says its corrupted.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi, on RN4x, after selecting zip file from update app, it restarts phone to TWRP. After that, I tried manualy to install zip file, but it says its corrupted.
What am I doing wrong?
After selecting zip file it started with decrypting precess and then reboot to TWRP?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

not possible due to HW limitation.. our ROM is bigger than your /system partition.. so... EOL...
You already enjoyed more than 2 years weekly support of your low end device.. Cant do more..

Thank you, and im really appreciate your hard work, but redmi 2 partition isnt the same like redmi 4a for example? Both have only 16G storage capacity. And again - thank you for wonderful 2 years!

I still have the radio problem knowing that I modified the file
The other problem is a feature that does not work in the Arabic language is the buttons
As in the video shows

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Xiaomi EU Changelog

Settings
New - Reading mode can turn on and off at sunset and sunrise automatically (05-03)

Do not have the following changes?

MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 7.5.4 Full Changelog

Highlights
New - Sync songs from your device to Mi Cloud (05-02)
New - Reading mode can turn on and off at sunset and sunrise automatically (05-03)

Music

Weather
New - Weather, wind, and air quality forecast for the next 48 hours (05-02)

Settings

song syncing is less likely to be used so..

people use Spotify/Google Play Music anyway

Xiaomi EU Changelog

Settings

Do not have the following changes?

MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 7.5.4 Full Changelog

Highlights

Music

Weather
New - Weather, wind, and air quality forecast for the next 48 hours (05-02)

Settings
that feature only effective on china

I still have the radio problem knowing that I modified the file
The other problem is a feature that does not work in the Arabic language is the buttons
As in the video shows

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Your translation issue... you have to check all variables if they are correct.. good luck.. as Arabic is RTL and not LTR lang, I cant help..

Exactly. After entering TWRP, nothing happens automatically.
Decrypting process deleting rom.zip file and when phone rebooted to TWRP then nothing to install. That's why you get zip file corrupted error message when you try to install manually.

Here is the solution if you want to install updates via updater app:

1. Reboot to TWRP
2. Format data (Wipe data or FR is not enough) - All data will be wiped including internal storage!
3. Reboot to TWRP again
4. Copy rom.zip to internal storage while you are in TWRP and install ROM (You can use USB-OTG or ADB sideload to install ROM as well)
5. Reboot to system

From now you can use updater app install method for further updates without any issue...

Reactions: mnikolce and dogiex
Status
Not open for further replies.