MIUI 8.6 7.6.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By China you mean exactly "Mi 2/2S China", not global version from miui.com?
en.miui.com/download-2.html

Thanks for the help, btw. I'll try to update tomorrow.

By China you mean exactly "Mi 2/2S China", not global version from miui.com?
en.miui.com/download-2.html

Thanks for the help, btw. I'll try to update tomorrow.
Yes China.

Is that valid also for Mi5S?

How to update MI5 to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:
- Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10
- Install TWRP 3.0.2.3 or ZCX
- Reboot to new TWRP
- Install Android 7.0 release
- Reboot - Never wipe /system partition manually!
- Done
- In case of any issues, make factory reset via system settings
- For ROOT on Android 7.0 install SuperSU 2.82

At the moment I'm on Android 6, MIUI 8.3 - 7.4.20.
sounds good

the rom is fine. battery is much better than last one. only the fingerprint unlock does not work sometimes and often takes a long time to unlock the phone. did you get it, when battery for mi5 is working the mi5s has battery drain and the other way.. mi5s good rom and mi5 eats battery. strange thing. also google lady still is not speaking to me.

1. Download stable ROM zip to internal storage
2. Reboot to TWRP recovery
3. Install stable ROM zip
4. Factory reset in TWRP recovery
5. Reboot to system

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
i have another question, im on 8.6 Developer Rom, how can i flash 8.2 Stable ?

Hola buenos ROMs Estoy muy agradecido Me encantaría pedir una sugerencia? El navegador miui podría poner adblock Hello good ROMs I am very grateful I would love to ask for a suggestion? The miui browser could put adblock and translator? Thank you and great work, I congratulate you

the rom is fine. battery is much better than last one. only the fingerprint unlock does not work sometimes and often takes a long time to unlock the phone. did you get it, when battery for mi5 is working the mi5s has battery drain and the other way.. mi5s good rom and mi5 eats battery. strange thing. also google lady still is not speaking to me.

Did you have recalibrate your fingerprints?
Most of the times this is the issue.

I have two small problems.

1) in settings under battery the option battery usage crashes the settings

2) I rooted the Rom with magisk 12 and the system does not pass the safety net test (cts profile mismatch)

Otherwise everything is working great

1) If you're using other than English for your system language, report it on their respective GitHub issue tracker (click the Report Bugs on the language lists in the OP), otherwise report it to the team

2) Enable Magisk hide and/or use this Magisk module.

1) If you're using other than English for your system language, report it on their respective GitHub issue tracker (click the Report Bugs on the language lists in the OP), otherwise report it to the team

2) Enable Magisk hide and/or use
Thanks for the tip with the system language. I indeed use German. I already tried magisk hide without success. Will try the module...

Edit: with the module installed it passes safety net test. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kazami Yuuka
Hello together, Since nougat version I can´t download and update google apps. Errorcode 492 .... App cache, davik cache, factory reset has not helped. With a different google account everything goes. I want to use my main account again. Am grateful for any help!!
my device: Mi5s
Android: 7.0 NRD90M
ROM: MIUI 8.6 xiaomi.eu 7.6.29 | Beta

Hello Redmi 4A stable error message after install:
"The system process does not respond"
Only help: hard reset.

I have a serious questions about video on Mi5.
When shooting 4K is the OIS working or is it software ? And if is software can I disable it because the FOV of the 4K is smaller than the FHD..?
Also why there is no sound when shooting slow-motion?

You probably insulted her

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5s met Tapatalk

I have a serious questions about video on Mi5.
When shooting 4K is the OIS working or is it software ? And if is software can I disable it because the FOV of the 4K is smaller than the FHD..?
Also why there is no sound when shooting slow-motion?

OIS works during 4K recordings as well. Can't be disabled of course as it is optical. FOV of the 4K is smaller because 4K appears digitally zoomed. Already reported here: http://www.miui.com/thread-8788604-1-1.html

Click on confirm button.

Reactions: pi4a7a
Where is that button, I don't understand Chinese..
You should have logged in and switch to non mobile view and then click on below button:

023582a53bdf0ebd5a4fcdb3cdf1489c.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pi4a7a
Hi, i have 6.11 still so i have two questions

1) 3h SOT are reachable?
2) is google now on tap working?

thanks and cheers:)

The fingerprint issue for me is this: until this version, when you press the button with the correct finger while the phone is asleep, it would automatically unlock the phone while you hold the button. Now it unlocks only after you release the button and still touch it lightly for fingerprint reading. Otherwise it's not slower at all.

From other things, I can note a slight failure to adapt to ambient brightness compared to previous versions, i.e. the screen becomes too dark in the same ambient lighting, when you have already set it to brighter than auto-brightness sets it to.
Also battery is seems a small bit weaker than before, but that may be due to my usage pattern, so I wouldn't hardly state that.

Device: Mi 5 3/64

How can I disable/remove wallpaper carrousel icon from lock screen? (Without changing the lock screen theme)

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Hello together, Since nougat version I can´t download and update google apps. Errorcode 492 .... App cache, davik cache, factory reset has not helped. With a different google account everything goes. I want to use my main account again. Am grateful for any help!!
my device: Mi5s
Android: 7.0 NRD90M
ROM: MIUI 8.6 xiaomi.eu 7.6.29 | Beta

download and install latest Google Play services.apk has resolve my bug.
thanks to "suwandytjandra"

Dual app doesn't work for me. It says: "couldn't do it" for any app I choose. Is it this rom or my Mi5 settings fault? I never tried to use dual app feature before...

Status
Not open for further replies.