MIUI 8.6 7.6.8/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"ok Google" is not working on my Mi5 device. I use it in german. NFC isn´t working at Mi5 and Mi5s, too

better call ok google

I swear I tried many times to install and uninstall the app. Every time there was something that was wrong .. Sometimes ok google just opened in the background, no longer the window, but all in the background, then other times Setting "ok google" was gray so impossible to configure .. every time a different thing .. i gave all the permissions everything everything everything! I uninstalled it!
305f892ae8d2f154b43ffbb6699f017f.jpg
9f5d58c0c74c7b158ad5761c43930d96.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI MAX utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok Google voice command works like a charm since release 7.6.8 as it is fixed already. Tested with Mi5.
Here are the steps what you have to done in order to use OK Google any time properly:

0. Install latest Google app from Play store
1. Enable Google app in autostart apps
2. You have to choose Google app as default assist app
3. You have to enable all permission for Google app (mainly for the microphone)
4. You have to choose "OK Google" supported primary language such as English US in Google app
5. Enable "say ok google any time" in Google app
6. Teach the assistant to recognize your voice (say OK Google 3 times)
7. Done

Last edited:
There is a problem with the camera app in this ROM. Sometimes it doesn't open, lag, and FC.

Mi Note Pro

What Global ROM to use in Redmi Note 4X MediaTek version (4gb RAM / 64gb ROM) in portuguese?

I'm in doubt if I buy Redmi Note 4 MediaTek or Redmi Note 4X MediaTek, because X have more RAM, but its China version only.

Ok Google voice command works like a charm since release 7.6.8 as it is fixed already. Tested with Mi5.
Here are the steps what you have to done in order to use OK Google any time properly:

0. Install latest Google app from Play store
1. Enable Google app in autostart apps
2. You have to choose Google app as default assist app
3. You have to enable all permission for Google app (mainly for the microphone)
4. You have to choose "OK Google" supported primary language such as English US in Google app
5. Enable "say ok google any time" in Google app
6. Teach the assistant to recognize your voice (say OK Google 3 times)
7. Done
My friend, i did everything as you said ... the voice is always in gray .. i have other friends in a telegram channel ( italian friend) that have the mimax and they complain about these issues ... maybe then the gray voice, it is reactivated .. but anyway There are several doubts that make me think mimax continues to have problems with ok google

Xiaomi Mi4w: with this ROM the PC doesn't recognize the device:eek:nly charging when is connected with the PC. usb settings is enabled on developer options. Any ideas?

thanks to all of the guys providing us with a usable rom for redmi pro, since there is no global rom, im really grateful for your eu rom, and its the best of the 3 versions eu, global,china, chin.dev . i learned about xiaomi.eu from the oneplus and oneplus miui ports i used. all where fine as hell. thanks for your work, dedication and your support.
anyone can guide me to the latest 7.6.10 changelog please

Reactions: Nxkealen
@antonio.vr You should get a notification when attaching the device, tap on it and select MTP Mode!

As of marshmallow, having the choice selected in developer options does no longer work.
You have to choose the mode on every new connection.

@antonio.vr Another thing back in March Windows 10 update, a bug was released that broke MTP mode. Check here for a solution.

Is your device showing in Windows Device manager? You may need to reinstall drivers as above if not!

While your device is attached, use the developer option to switch modes from battery to MTP, then you should be able to use it.

Someone else posted that having "Documents" app enabled helps with MTP mode.

thanks john now it works.....
is a strange thing because it works with the kindle cable and only with that.....
i tried with other devices (redmi 4x and mipad) with the cable that I usually use (and others too) and they work with them...but mi4 doesn't work....
very strange.....

My friend, i did everything as you said ... the voice is always in gray .. i have other friends in a telegram channel ( italian friend) that have the mimax and they complain about these issues ... maybe then the gray voice, it is reactivated .. but anyway There are several doubts that make me think mimax continues to have problems with ok google

Try set it on EN language..

~Tapatalk~

I put the English US, it looks ok google, but after entering the " ok google" setting, when I go back, it turns gray again
9864e275907d08246460c0f8e3f9774b.jpg
4ea4e19350fe4dc24d18e6fd04f4d853.jpg
a19340209cd0248f871622bfd099cdc2.jpg

thanks to all of the guys providing us with a usable rom for redmi pro, since there is no global rom, im really grateful for your eu rom, and its the best of the 3 versions eu, global,china, chin.dev . i learned about xiaomi.eu from the oneplus and oneplus miui ports i used. all where fine as hell. thanks for your work, dedication and your support.
True, it's miui and xiaomi China fault there's no better support for this device.Eu development is great!!!.The device hardware,and built is good but the OS software isn't .Xiaomi should release source code for development of a good rom .Let us hope they will,because I believe this phone could be a very good midrange phone,now it's fine but it should be excellent with these specs.Oled screen is'nt totale black, download speed is average,auto brightness some times work, sometimes not.Security app and some other Mi featers should be removable ,camera should be better, battery life is poor,ram management is poor e.t.c......the most of these issues could be fixed with better software .Hopefully they will resolve a lot of these issues when they release a new rom build in August.

Best for me is a china dev and next xiaomi.eu dev.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

I have updated the Mi Note Pro to 7.6.10, and everything is ok except the auto rotate. It works for several minutes then begins to lag and in the end it stops completely.

To get the functionality again i have to reboot then it works for a little time. This happens since i upgraded to android 7.

Mi Note Pro: Bugs ( work now this:???)

In lock screen the carrousell don´t work
Double click volumen down to open the camera don´t work
(lock screen) No audio notifications arrive in whatsapp

I've just updated on mi5s, now my fingerprint reader isn't working and it I go into settings I can't delete fingerprints or add new ones

I really really hope the "Ok google" problem is solved for Android 6.0 too, will test in a few minutes :)
BTW is someone else unable to use the "Mi Remote" app on Xiaomi.eu? My device won't get IR codes from Xiaomi webservice and the button to start testing codes never appears :(

My Note Pro:
How is it possible in this last update, things that have always worked will not work?
Updates are to correct bugs, not to return to them

Reactions: tunsfisch
Status
Not open for further replies.