MIUI 9 7.8.31

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. new user here. my redmi note 4x sd has been installed with latest miui 9 global beta. can i change it to latest miui 9 from xiaomi.eu rom ? using twrp. any problems ?

Reactions: Mimmo
After flashing 7.8.31 to my redmi 4x I had an issue with GPS. Actually it's a problem with goposition's Android Network Provider. It shows very strange long and lat, that are more than 1000km away from my current location. Sometimes lat and long received from Network Provider are both set to 0. Google Play Services and Android GPS Provider return correct location.

Also on previous miui roms on miui8 everything was ok.

Reactions: Dmytro Gumenkov
Mi4C
Am I the only one with heating issues? Overall speed is as promised though, blazing fast. But there's still a lot of heating just like the previous versions

Hi,
Miui Mail app continuosly crashes (mi5s, 7.9.4 versión).
Can I paste here the output?

Thanks!!!!

--UPDATE---
I attach crash.txt with the output.

Attachments

• crash.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
device: Mi5s Plus (natrium)
ROM: xiaomi.eu 7.9.4 (dirty flash from xiaomi.eu 7.7.20)

Does anybody has same issue with Gboard? Part of backround is not displayed when adding new words to dictionary. There were no issues on xiaomi.eu 7.7.20.

Screenshot was made on xiaomi.eu 7.8.24, but it persist on 7.9.4. Cleared cache, but nothing helps :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-28-13-09-50-399_com.android.mms.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-28-13-09-50-399_com.android.mms.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 404
Reactions: xeGox and edoval
Then you can wipe data, factory reset, and install rom, before doing that becap.
I have downloaded the latest ROM on my phone. Thats not the way to install it? i should install it via laptop?
Do you speak croatian? :D

Latest ROM is working fine so far on my MiNote Pro. Thanks to developers.

P.S. The new mail app layout needs a bit of getting used to.

You must instal via twrp, yes I speak croatian.
Ok, procedura je da sve backupam, a zatim izbrisem. Nakon toga, preko twrpa, instaliram taj rom?
Inace, brisem sve tako da odem u recovery i tamo sve obrisem?

Ok, procedura je da sve backupam, a zatim izbrisem. Nakon toga, preko twrpa, instaliram taj rom?
Inace, brisem sve tako da odem u recovery i tamo sve obrisem?
Tako je, rom ubaciš u twrp nakon kaj sve obrišeš, jer ako ga staviš prije, onda češ i njega obrisati

Reactions: Fortis
Tako je, rom ubaciš u twrp nakon kaj sve obrišeš, jer ako ga staviš prije, onda češ i njega obrisati
Odlicno. Puno si mi pomogla. Koje je osvježenje na ovim stranicama imati nekoga koji prica naski. :D
Cak i pretpostavljam da si mi tu negdje blizu, s obzirom na ovaj 'kaj'. A i lijepo je da ekipa regrutira djevojke. Uff, svasta bih te sad pitao, ali te ne zelim smetati jer vjerojatno imas posla. :D

I was using the v8.2.1.0 v8-5.1 rom in my mi4c for a long time.Earlier today I have installed the latest v9 rom through TWRP following a basic factory reset.since then every time I try to reboot to system, it comes back to the twrp mode.The version of twrp is 3.0.3-0.Even I tried install the previous rom that I had but problem still remains.What did I do wrong? Can someone help me out with providing a solution explicitly?

p.s: I have already unlocked the boatloader on a previous ocation so I don't think it has something to do with locked bootloader.

I have Redmi 4X, after installed this ROM the phone is useless on 4G network, every time the connection is lost in the conversation...

I was using the v8.2.1.0 v8-5.1 rom in my mi4c for a long time.Earlier today I have installed the latest v9 rom through TWRP following a basic factory reset.since then every time I try to reboot to system, it comes back to the twrp mode.The version of twrp is 3.0.3-0.Even I tried install the previous rom that I had but problem still remains.What did I do wrong? Can someone help me out with providing a solution explicitly?

p.s: I have already unlocked the boatloader on a previous ocation so I don't think it has something to do with locked bootloader.
You need twrp for android 7, https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767135741

First update your TWRP to 3.1.1.0.
If you have wiped the system, then you will have to fastboot the TWRP again, reboot in recovery from the same fastboot session.
Now install the rom from external SD card if you don't have the rom on the internal memory anymore.

as long as you are able to boot in fastboot, installation must be possible.

Reactions: Adeolu

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi4c-android-5-1-1-to-7-0.40827/page-3#post-381538

Hello again. I was able to partially fix GPS problem in this rom by myself. The problem was in bad /etc/gps.conf.

I've replaced NTP_SERVER with proper one NTP_SERVER=<your_country_code>.pool.ntp.org, e.g. NTP_SERVER=ua.pool.ntp.org
You can find urls for you country in
Code:
http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/europe

Also I've added next lines:

Code:
AGPS=/data/xtra.bin
AGPS=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE

And now it's working a bit better, but sometimes it still returns lat 0, long 0.

No mobile data in the last beta 7.8.31, neither lte nor 3g xiaomi MI Mix version Chinese had to go back to version 7.8.17

Status
Not open for further replies.