MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, which SIM issues does the HMPro ROM has exactly now?
I've got a Omega/HMPro Xiaomi Redmi Pro and I struggle around with my SIM card since a long time.
It often looses connection etc. When will the update be avriable?
I'am waiting for a solution and I hope you can help out!
Thanks for building up all that!

Reactions: kiryu
Mi 5, Bulgarian language. Buttons can not be configured in Menu -> Additional settings -> Buttons. An error occurred when I try to set them. Everything is OK if I set English language and then try to set the buttons. Please, fix that bug.

Изпратено от моят MI 5 с помощта на Tapatalk

Go to settigs, sim card and mobile network, chose your sim card, acces point name, enter the apn you have chosen, swipe down and tap on "MVNO type" and change it to "IMSI" and now save the apn.

I'll try this night and I will say what about it. Thx a lot

N00b question, how to make updater keep on downloading ota file when I'm not using the phone (keep it out of sleep)

Sent from my Redmi 3S (land)

Reactions: yaara
I do not think so that nothing is important in changes:
- Single (Home) button navigation mode is back
Many users was complaining because of these last week, now is here...
No, there is still no Single (Home) button navigation mode in Redmi 4 Prime.

Hi guys, it's been a long time since the last time I posted in this forum.
Today I've updated my RN2 by ota update. After rebooting I'm missing some system app icons.
Any idea on how to fix this?
BTW in the bottom it's supposed to be dialer, messages and stock web browser
fc68009a3d2869c431f701d52d4848d1.jpg

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Update: wiping dalvik and cache fixed the issue

Last edited:
I can't resist any anymore, I'm extremely disappointed with xiaomi.
Miui9 has been a resource hog on all releases, ram dissapears after few hours, cleaning all recents frees only 750mb, opening anything that makes ram go under 700-650mb and the phone starts to freeze and lag badly.
It seems we'll need need 8gb of ram because of extreme bad optimization of miui.
I went back to stable 8.5.3.0, buttery smooth again, lots of battery life.
I'll keep my mi5s until it gets old and never buy xiaomi again.
It's been a year now and it seems they only go worse.
First 4 months were a joke, incredibly buggy roms and no stable release.
Seriously? Releasing a phone before it has a working ROM? Are they selling prototypes or what?
Then so much expectation about miui9 and mi6...they released the mi6 half-working, the camera was worse than a mi5, and the mi5s still having the same fingerprint bugs and poor ram optimization.
Last day I had a redmi note 3 from a friend, it had 1.8gb free ram and never went down so quickly like mi5s.
A wiped Miui9 system has just 1.2gb free ram! After few apps installed, all recents closed, remains 1gb ram. And after reaching 700mb free ram lags like crazy, cleaning recents frees inky 750mb, opening just chrome it freezes or becomes extremely slow.
Why they don't use all the ram???
So the engineers (the actually seem to be just DIYers practicing) release anything at anytime, no matter if it works or not, maybe they don't even test it...

Common user just want it to be as it was in MIUI8... no matter of device specific - just like it was. This cannot be device specific because all devices has those three buttons, isn't it?
Not really...Single (home) button operating mode requires multifunctional home button as below:

- one tap (soft) = one step back
- one press (physical) = exit to home screen
- double press (physical) = open recent apps
- long press (physical) = configureble by the user eg. show menu

It is available for Mi5 as it has multifunctional home button: physical + capacitive + fingerprint scanner in one

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I can't resist any anymore, I'm extremely disappointed with xiaomi.
Miui9 has been a resource hog on all releases, ram dissapears after few hours, cleaning all recents frees only 750mb, opening anything that makes ram go under 700-650mb and the phone starts to freeze and lag badly.
It seems we'll need need 8gb of ram because of extreme bad optimization of miui.
I went back to stable 8.5.3.0, buttery smooth again, lots of battery life.
I'll keep my mi5s until it gets old and never buy xiaomi again.
It's been a year now and it seems they only go worse.
First 4 months were a joke, incredibly buggy roms and no stable release.
Seriously? Releasing a phone before it has a working ROM? Are they selling prototypes or what?
Then so much expectation about miui9 and mi6...they released the mi6 half-working, the camera was worse than a mi5, and the mi5s still having the same fingerprint bugs and poor ram optimization.
Last day I had a redmi note 3 from a friend, it had 1.8gb free ram and never went down so quickly like mi5s.
A wiped Miui9 system has just 1.2gb free ram! After few apps installed, all recents closed, remains 1gb ram. And after reaching 700mb free ram lags like crazy, cleaning recents frees inky 750mb, opening just chrome it freezes or becomes extremely slow.
Why they don't use all the ram???
So the engineers (the actually seem to be just DIYers practicing) release anything at anytime, no matter if it works or not, maybe they don't even test it...
I understand your position, but xiaomi.EU is wrong place to complain.
My phones were hermes, kate and now it is natirum. Without EU roms I would have stopped my xiaomi experience after hermes.... Do not make xiaomi.EU responsible for this !

It is available for Mi5 as it has multifunctional home button: physical + capacitive + fingerprint scanner in one
OK, thanks for info.
Still, why can't be buttons as before? If something was quite functional and possible before, it should be now too.
I thing I'll have to use to suboptimal solution. Beside that, xiaomi.eu rom is just great for redmi 4 pro.
Although, I laugh every time I go typing a "massage".

I understand your position, but xiaomi.EU is wrong place to complain.
My phones were hermes, kate and now it is natirum. Without EU roms I would have stopped my xiaomi experience after hermes.... Do not make xiaomi.EU responsible for this !

I don't blame xiaomi.eu! :)
But xiaomi chinese forum is totally full of crap, chaos and useless and stupid threads, like "do you think xiaomi mi6 is good? Answer and get a useless medal"
I know .eu does a big job, but why bother if xiaomi does it so bad. Feeling so impotent...

Status
Not open for further replies.