MIUI 9 7.9.21/22

Do you like MIUI 9?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone face music player stopping in standby? This happens to me, but only with third part players (I'm using Pulsar+) but not default music player.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

It happens to me , in all eu roms. I have ti leave on standby with the music app in front, i mean open, when i lock my device in WhatsApp for example , Spotify stops after a few seconds.

Reactions: Mic806
Anyone having problems with 4G bands connection? I just bought Redmi Note4X and flash to latest weekly... Before I had the Redmi 4X (also flashed) without any issue on that...
Also, seems that something went wrong when update or flash probably, always asking to update to the same version I have already installed...
Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

Enviat des del meu Redmi Note 4X usant Tapatalk

could you test if camera makes shutter sound in whatsapp while phone is in silent mode please!

Edit: on mi5

Last edited:
For Redmi 4x (HM4X) all works fine in general.
Only too issues found sofar:

a) Notification colors in settings not fit to reality :)
b) Baseband ist not coming up poperly always to next higher standard, after falling down. E.g. if set to "4G perfered" and falling down to 2G, when the network is bad in such area, it stays sometimes there even if 3G is possible. Have to to go into flight mode or switch to "3G prefered" in such cases manually.

Hi guys, first of all thanks for these dev updates! i've been updating my MI 4C every since the beginning of miui 8 thanks to you!

But, yes there is a but.. Ever since updating to Miui 9 my poor MI4c has been very slow compared to miui 8 and 7. I know that miui should be faster with better memory management and stuff but im experiencing a slow phone now and it seems that the memory management of miui 9 is actually even worse, ie; had approx. 1gb memory available with several apps open and now I have only 500mb memory available with the same or less apps. And all these apps are not even faster.

Can anybody advice me on what to do here? I have ben "dirty" flashing all the dev updates including the miui 9. Should i do a fresh install completely by resetting the phone or?

For Redmi 4x (HM4X) all works fine in general.
Only too issues found sofar:

a) Notification colors in settings not fit to reality :)
b) Baseband ist not coming up poperly always to next higher standard, after falling down. E.g. if set to "4G perfered" and falling down to 2G, when the network is bad in such area, it stays sometimes there even if 3G is possible. Have to to go into flight mode or switch to "3G prefered" in such cases manually.
This is related to your Operator's network configuration.
They can (and do) prioritisation based on SIM profiles, i.e. if you have pre-paid SIM with basic low-cost plan, then most likely you will be downgaded before a post-paid customer on a premium plan, particularly at "busy hour" or high network load periods.

By going to another mode, the UE will re-register onto the network, more likely to get a higher service, at least for some time.

Hi Folks, will it go well if I flash my MI A1 with 5x EU ROM? I can recovery from any output except brick! :)

This is related to your Operator's network configuration.
They can (and do) prioritisation based on SIM profiles, i.e. if you have pre-paid SIM with basic low-cost plan, then most likely you will be downgaded before a post-paid customer on a premium plan, particularly at "busy hour" or high network load periods.

By going to another mode, the UE will re-register onto the network, more likely to get a higher service, at least for some time.
Just today I changed my phone, both flashed to last weekly update, with the old one, not issues at all. With that one always in 3G. I'm not sure about what you say of operator's network configuration.

Yeah, did that already, but this issue seems to come back after a while... You guys might wanna double check this.
Sorry for bothering
Hmm, so do you have latest rom with zip in storage or not? I do not see what could return null there, so am gonna need you to answer few questions.

*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* can't working Redmi Note 4X.
Camera api 2 is enabled.
2ca70e3ea8b19cfcf78dc55af73f9846.jpg

Hi Folks, will it go well if I flash my MI A1 with 5x EU ROM? I can recovery from any output except brick! :)
If I were you I would not flash a 5x ROM to a1 device. While it may appear that the two are similar, they are not identical. Somebody in the miui forum screwed bigly.

Hello. I have a problem with my redmi note 3 SE( kate) . After last update , device reebot very often without any reason

redmi 4x review:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Adeolu
On my Mi4c everything is fine. I rooted and disabled google play service, because dont need it, with activity launcher apk. Its very smooth and batery life much longer :)

Just today I changed my phone, both flashed to last weekly update, with the old one, not issues at all. With that one always in 3G. I'm not sure about what you say of operator's network configuration.

The network layering strategy is defined by the network, as are the event thresholds, Event 1A to Event 1G, which are the intra- frequency trigger parameters for handovers/redirections in 3G, Events 2A to 2F for inter-frequency and Events 3A to 3C for inter-RAT traffic movements (see 3GPP RRC Procedures, 25.331 for all the gory details). These values are sent in the SIB's, to the UE so that it knows what layer/frequency it should search, select, redirect or handover to, and at what levels it should do so.

The only way a change of ROM may affect this behaviour is some variation in the Rx sensitivity or Measurements Reports estimation. This should be some change in the Modem settings, if anywhere.

Last edited:
How about Mi Max - Hydrogen? Better flash 7.9.14 or 7.9.21. I want flash and stay in one update with small issues.

Reactions: HadiET
Status
Not open for further replies.