MIUI 9 7.9.21/22

Do you like MIUI 9?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems till now on Redmi 4x, works fluently. Great update with colored LED for different types of messages or info, just colors dont match with settings.

Thank you

May I know which LED manager you are using? For some reason I can't seem to change the colors for the apps on my 4x.

on Redmi 3 IDO, update from 7.9.14. after update all google apps (gmail, maps, play store) and some apps (line, telegram) cant opened. When open these apps the app instanly closed. Try clean instal, but cant log in to google account. The sign in to google page always closed, and some apps still cant open after clean install.

No. I meant the xiaomi eu rom 7.9.21 without installing twrp as recovery.

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk
And what recovery do you have then?
Flashing is done through TWRP recovery if it is related to xiaomi.eu roms.

And what recovery do you have then?
Flashing is done through TWRP recovery if it is related to xiaomi.eu roms.
I use this modified EU rom from this tutorial that is why I am able to flash it using MiFlash and not through TWRP.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And this is what is inside the file folder:

Could you point me to a link on how to mod the eu roms to look like the one below?

upload_2017-9-25_11-16-59.png

Last edited:
I use this modified EU rom from this tutorial that is why I am able to flash it using MiFlash and not through TWRP.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And this is what is inside the file folder:

Could you point me to a link on how to mod the eu roms to look like the one below?

View attachment 16940
Sorry can't help with that.

i want to install this ver from the last miui 8. what should i wipe before install this rom? and what else do i need to do?

Mi4c. Until now everything working fine. Very nice new feature the quick response to SMS. It was a petty to only be able to use that in the pop up notification.

Nice work. Many thanks team.

Reactions: mrcalleja
7.9.21 too fast response to pressing and minimizing applications? Can not you fix it?

Settings, my device, all specs: tap multiple times on MIUI VERSION to enable Developer Options.

Then go to additional settings, Developer Options and change animation scales to 1x

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-25-09-36-42-714_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-25-09-36-42-714_com.android.settings.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 364
Reactions: Evangel1on7
Does anyone face music player stopping in standby? This happens to me, but only with third part players (I'm using Pulsar+) but not default music player.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Mymymi
@ingbrzy @zdunex25

Updater keeps crashing in the background...

Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=1
    at pl.zdunex25.updater.ReminderService$1.run(ReminderService.java)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Looks like typical array index value of 1 mistake on one object array...

Does anyone face music player stopping in standby? This happens to me, but only with third part players (I'm using Pulsar+) but not default music player.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Lock the app in the menu. That should do the trick.

battery drain problems.

after using any (?) GPS apps, device remains in a very high battery drain state. app doesn't run any more, exited, and even "killed" from task selector. GPS doesn't show to be active

but...
still a very high battery drain exists, and even the phone is warm. reboot solves.

I tried to disable GPS, turn off data, change to battery saver mode, nothing helped.

device sometimes temporarily gets slow near to be unusable when screen is just unlocked. buttons are vibrating, but ineffective, after a few seconds most of the delayed actions done.

happened two times since upgraded to this version.

Of course reinstall same ROM just do nothing...make backup and format data as I wrote above. Your issue is individual (not common) after format data should be fine...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Follow up on my issue:
Regular data wipe-0 sattelites
Data format with twrp reboot and system reboot-same result, no GPS
7.9.22 global beta fastboot clean all flash-no GPS
8.5.3 global stable updater over beta(wipes all)-0 satellites
Back to twrp and 7.8.24 xiaomi.eu which had functional GPS before again same result
My old Mi4 LTE near my Mi5 connects to multiple satellites without network assist so I`m starting to believe this is hardware malfunction. If so it`s a very strange one as 2 weeks ago software switches restored GPS instant fix from same situation
Or am I getting something wrong? Is GPS on separate hardware chip besides the main QC chipset? Or maybe antenna weird problem?
Everything else is working perfectly except GPS

Follow up on my issue:
Regular data wipe-0 sattelites
Data format with twrp reboot and system reboot-same result, no GPS
7.9.22 global beta fastboot clean all flash-no GPS
8.5.3 global stable updater over beta(wipes all)-0 satellites
Back to twrp and 7.8.24 xiaomi.eu which had functional GPS before again same result
My old Mi4 LTE near my Mi5 connects to multiple satellites without network assist so I`m starting to believe this is hardware malfunction. If so it`s a very strange one as 2 weeks ago software switches restored GPS instant fix from same situation
Or am I getting something wrong? Is GPS on separate hardware chip besides the main QC chipset? Or maybe antenna weird problem?
Everything else is working perfectly except GPS
Seems to be hardware issue for me too

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

@ingbrzy @zdunex25

Updater keeps crashing in the background...

Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=1
    at pl.zdunex25.updater.ReminderService$1.run(ReminderService.java)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Looks like typical array index value of 1 mistake on one object array...
please try wipe updater app data..

Reactions: Adeolu
Status
Not open for further replies.