MIUI 9 7.9.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ graw2 / ingbrzy - How can I change download manager in MIUI? I have accidentally chose android download manager instead of MIUI.

Edit: Already found it :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-08-22-23-33-396_com.android.systemui.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-22-23-33-396_com.android.systemui.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Screenshot_2017-09-08-22-34-13-557_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-22-34-13-557_com.android.settings.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
You can update from stable to latest dev without wipes. Download ROM and install from TWRP recovery (not necessary rename zip file)
Thank you very much. Did as you said, and flash without problems. Now just for information: the clock with weather widget is not translated for portuguese; the search settings bar remain with the crash when you type some word that not exist in settings; can't set the center navigate button for clear cache/apps, I must readapt for new navigation buttons (not good); if you browse photos directly from camera the phone goes brighter, it's good for seeing photos, but please first turn darker the up and down bars to avoid blindness (kidding); about camera it's cool that has 4k option but does not remain in 4k mode if you close the camera, and even worst go for 720p...
I read the ROM was reuploaded cause the video app. It's the Mi video app that it's kind of Skype right?
Overall seems very stable for a developer ROM.
The bad thing it's that we can't have nougat on our kenzo for try new features like the new split app feature... Hope get in future
Edit: still about camera, the manual focus it's very usefull, please make it happen and I will leave 3rd camera app!

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Did as you said, and flash without problems. Now just for information: the clock with weather widget is not translated for portuguese; the search settings bar remain with the crash when you type some word that not exist in settings; can't set the center navigate button for clear cache/apps, I must readapt for new navigation buttons (not good); if you browse photos directly from camera the phone goes brighter, it's good for seeing photos, but please first turn darker the up and down bars to avoid blindness (kidding); about camera it's cool that has 4k option but does not remain in 4k mode if you close the camera, and even worst go for 720p...
I read the ROM was reuploaded cause the video app. It's the Mi video app that it's kind of Skype right?
Overall seems very stable for a developer ROM.
The bad thing it's that we can't have nougat on our kenzo for try new features like the new split app feature... Hope get in future
Edit: still about camera, the manual focus it's very usefull, please make it happen and I will leave 3rd camera app!
Yes 4k recording setting resets to HD default value after camera app cleared from recents but unfortunately it designed to work like this officially so not a bug...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have the same issue in mi4c with Spanish carrie Amena. I have no data with it only via Wifi.
No way to solve it. I've tried restore to earlier versions and still happens, I have also try with file apns-conf.xml in twrp file manager but path /system/ does not contain /etc/ folder inside. Please, I need a solutions.

Thanks.

Flashed to my IDO (Redmi 3 Pro) this afternoon.
So far, so good.
No bugs yet.
Apparently the battery drains somewhat faster, but early to say so...

Which no longer has a reminder for incoming messages, to notify multiple times, as it has for calls?

Hi guys,

I have the same issue in mi4c with Spanish carrie Amena. I have no data with it only via Wifi.
No way to solve it. I've tried restore to earlier versions and still happens, I have also try with file apns-conf.xml in twrp file manager but path /system/ does not contain /etc/ folder inside. Please, I need a solutions.

Thanks.
It is safe to say now that there is a bug regarding 7.9.7 and Orange network in Spain. I have seen at least 5 posts by different users across this thread. Any thoughts on this from the devs?

Has anyone tried to install a non-EU ROM to see if the problem is still there?
I updated my Redmi Note 3 Pro and I'm not getting any data, no 2G, no 3G, no LTE. Only voice and sms.

This is the first time that something happens to my phone.

Try to replace apns-conf.xml file ver.2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx5Fv74n-TBpcnFuREE2ang3cUE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx5Fv74n-TBpcnFuREE2ang3cUE
Located here: /System/etc/apns-conf.xml

1. Download new linked apns-conf.xml to phone internal storage

2. Reboot to TWRP recovery > Tap on Mount > Untick "mount system partition read only" > Tick System > Back to TWRP main menu > Advanced > File Manager

3. Copy new apns-conf.xml file and paste to /system/etc/ folder overwrite the existing apns-conf.xml file

4. Reboot to system

Feedback please if it works or not...

GPS seems to be fine now! Since the last update it works much better.
Just the point that the loudness is far too quite when you drive. Is it possible to raise the volume in stock rom?

Try to replace apns-conf.xml fil
Located here: /System/etc/apns-conf.xml

1. Download new linked apns-conf.xml to phone internal storage

2. Reboot to TWRP recovery > Tap on Mount > Untick "mount system partition read only" > Tick System > Back to TWRP main menu > Advanced > File Manager

3. Copy new apns-conf.xml file and paste to /system/etc/ folder overwrite the existing apns-conf.xml file

4. Reboot to system

Feedback please if it works or not...

Hi,

Thanks for the effort but it does not work.

I will try again just in case.

+1 with Orange Spain carrier issues. No data with my simcard. Only working with WiFI. Calls and SMS ok. Last week it worked fine so I have tried to downgrade to last week version, but issue is still there. :(

I have the same problem, no data network, only 4g. I need one solution for it. I will try install new rom 7.9.8

If you have problems with Mi Remote, update it on playstore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.