MIUI 9 7.9.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a quite old dev version (6.12.29) on my MI5s. Do I have to install an official MIUI version or can I just install the twrp and install it,

Great work. I try on my Redmi 3 (Ido). All work great without noticeable bug.
But i havw some issue on theme.
First after instal i chose limitless theme. Then i switch to default theme. Whem i apply the limitless theme again it say error "theme from third party not supported rejected 406". I try to download some theme but no problem, the issue just on limitless theme. How to fix it?
But on my another Redmi 3 device i can freely switch to limitless and downloaded theme.
Thanks
Got the same problem with limitless theme on my Redmi 3 pro. Guess we have to wait for another update on friday...

Reactions: ramig
I thought that the number of screens is limited in miui9. I had 9 on miui8 before the update and now I have only 8 and was not able to add more.
(Redmi3S)
I have found the solution: if an icon is selected in the screen edit mode a new empty screen appears on the bottom at the end of the screens and the icon can be placed to it.
(No more "+" sign to add screens before or after the first os last screen.)
If the screen wanted to be reordered it can be done sliding the screen in the list of screens displayed in screen edit mode at the bottom after selecting an icon.

Last edited:
I thought that the number of screens is limited in miui9. I had 9 on miui8 before the update and now I have only 8 and was not able to add more.
(Redmi3S)
I have found the solution: if an icon is selected in the screen edit mode a new empty screen appears on the bottom at the end of the screens and the icon can be placed to it.
(No more "+" sign to add screens before or after the first os last screen.)
If the screen wanted to be reordered it can be done sliding the screen in the list of screens displayed in screen edit mode at the bottom after selecting an icon.
There are 8 screens which are little for him. Need to much more. Oh my God!

What's new? can't find changeling,thanks.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

** Oh Ya! I have forgotten that I can use the camera in Google Translate...Here you go in English! It seems to restore the Back / Menu button inter-change option which many people are crying for it!

I could only find this screenshot from the China site...:confused:

It is related to Key navigation and gesture update...:rolleyes:. My Chinese is not that good too even though I can read and write Chinese..:D

rIVFyPW.png

rSGMBjM.jpg

Last edited:
There are 8 screens which are little for him. Need to much more. Oh my God!
Anyway no limitation in MIUI9 any number of pages can be added to home screen... I tested and I counted till 21 pages but it was still not the limit...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: josito801
Error while clicking "check for updates" in updater app:

Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=3
 at pl.zdunex25.updater.MainActivity.getChangelog(MainActivity.java)
 at pl.zdunex25.updater.MainActivity.access$800(MainActivity.java)
 at pl.zdunex25.updater.MainActivity$3.onClick(MainActivity.java)
 at android.view.View.performClick(View.java)
 at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java)
 at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java)
 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
 at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)

Status
Not open for further replies.