Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@graw2

I think all forum members now had downloaded the corresponding rom (global dev) and are waiting nervously for your exact "how-to-do" ... :D

@graw2

I think all forum members now had downloaded the corresponding rom (global dev) and are waiting nervously for your exact "how-to-do" ... :D

Extracting the file from Global ROM is easy, follow the guide and use the tool here :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...tool-tool-unpack-repack-dat-img-v2-0-t3284806

do not try it, your phone will not boot after replacing the files
Did you set the permission to these files correctly?

yes, does not work with the files from the global rom,
after replacing the files from xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_8.1.18_v9-8.0 again,
phone starts again.

so the files from the global 8.1.18 cant be used ... there must be another step to do

If you want to try it yourself, use: "UR-Tool Prime v1" to extract the rom.zip

Last edited:
did you solved the problem ?

No i couldnt. I succesfully extracted files from global rom for note4x mido ( android 7.0). Copied files to phone. Then with twrp, mounted system, Copied these files to correct folders under system. Also tried file permissions but no luck.

Hi!
I'm on Xiaomi MI6, with Rom EU 8.1.11 installed. I completed following steps, finishing in a booloop. Have I done something wrong?

- put phone in bootloader mode
- booted twrp (not flashing!) from pc
- installed .zip of miui 8.1.18
- wipe cache/dalvik
- reboot

To solve bootloop problem I have to format data and reinstall 8.1.11.

Anyone having this issue?

Tx!

Inviato dal mio MI 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hallo
ich wollte gestern für mein MI6 das Wochenupdate laden.
Leider funktioniert der Touchscreen nicht mehr nach dem booten von twpr Version 3.1.1.0. Nun hängt sich das System auch beim Laden der Android Rom 8.1.11. auf. Was kann ich machen?
Gruß Ronald

Hello Ronald,
this is an international forum, the communication language here is english, so that anyone can understand your problem and the posted solutions, thats the idea of this community, please respect it!

Now to your problem: you could try to wipe cache and data partition and then install the rom again via twrp. If this doesnt work boot into fastboot mode and install the latest global rom via mi flash, that should work for sure!

Redmi 3S all is fine,

But WhatsApp in- and outgoing videos are extremely slow, only about 0,2-0,4K/s
Not possible to send bigger files.
I had the same problem in one of the November Versions.

Every update one app gets deleted(didi taxi hailing app) it's installed officially trough Google play store. Why and how can I prevent this from happening?

1.2.3 and complain people about FC and another issue when They do that. Its possible work fine but its possible FC's and issues too.
Its not good idea to change it.

No i couldnt. I succesfully extracted files from global rom for note4x mido ( android 7.0). Copied files to phone. Then with twrp, mounted system, Copied these files to correct folders under system. Also tried file permissions but no luck.
Don't think that's the correct way,did you replace those folders on xiaomi.eu Rom zip and then flashed again?other way it will never boot.

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

I know that, but Global ROM is odexed, and since we are replacing files in xiaomi.eu ROM with files from Global ROM, I was asking @graw2 can we just take these files from Global ROM without that oat folder or do we need to deodex these files first ..

Edit: I'm deodexing folder : /system/framework/ & /system/priv-app/ ...
Don't think you need to deodex nothing,what about to peplace apks and flash again?

Don't think that's the correct way,did you replace those folders on xiaomi.eu Rom zip and then flashed again?other way it will never boot.

Hmm no i just copied files via twrp file manager. You mean extract xiaomi eu rom, change files with global rom ones than make zip and flash whole rom?

no such option in there (mi mix2, oreo update)
Hi
For some reason i do not have this options?
Maybe theme is to blame?

Edit--
Put back the stock theme but still no option as such.
You don't need to delete anything. You can manually disable the Charging sounds:
Install "Material Terminal" through the Play Store and open the app.
In the terminal, enter this:
Code:
settings put global charging_sounds_enabled 0
I'll do my best to fix the setting for the next release.

Last edited:
Wow thank you for this solution!
Will do what you have saod and report back

Weird how i dont have a settings optionto remove these sounds but you have

Thank you
It's not that weird. Xiaomi's official ROMs (both China and Global) don't have that setting at all.
I wrote that setting and ingbrzy added it to all supported Xiaomi.eu ROMs.
However, it seems something changed in MIUI Oreo and the patch that adds that setting isn't being applied properly anymore, and needs fixing.
I'll do my best to fix the setting for the next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobben
App FasterGPS doesnt work. I open it and the app shows only black screen without possibility to give root permissions.

How to use this app or to set GPS settings?

In order to fix disappearing notification issue on my device I just simply replaced below files via TWRP File manager from global beta 8.1.18 build. Tested works 100% and no any side effect except Mi Drop toggle disappeared from notification shade as Mi Drop toggle officially removed from global builds.

/system/framework/framework.jar
/system/framework/framework-res.apk
/system/priv-app/DownloadProvider/DownloadProvider.apk
/system/priv-app/DownloadProviderUi/DownloadProviderUi.apk
/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk

Not expanded notifications:

View attachment 18105

Expanded notifications:

View attachment 18106

WhatsApp and Telegram two message in a row disappearing notification test:

View attachment 18109

Here are the needed files for Mi5 only from global beta 8.1.18 for notification fix: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RrUC5j2Nlq93E21bd-sGgX-Va9XkqOOp

Steps (no root needed):

1. Download and copy all these files to phone internal storage
2. Reboot to TWRP recovery
3. Mount > tick "System" and untick "Mount system partition reed only"
4. Go to Advanced > File manager: copy all files one by one and overwrite existing ones on below access path:

/system/framework/framework.jar
/system/framework/framework-res.apk
/system/priv-app/DownloadProvider/DownloadProvider.apk
/system/priv-app/DownloadProviderUi/DownloadProviderUi.apk
/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk

5. Reboot to System

Hi!
I'm on Xiaomi MI6, with Rom EU 8.1.11 installed. I completed following steps, finishing in a booloop. Have I done something wrong?

- put phone in bootloader mode
- booted twrp (not flashing!) from pc
- installed .zip of miui 8.1.18
- wipe cache/dalvik
- reboot

To solve bootloop problem I have to format data and reinstall 8.1.11.

Anyone having this issue?

Tx!

Inviato dal mio MI 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Another point.

If I try to edit notification options in gmail app, the application crashes. Anyone with this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.