Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help, I have bery simple problem.On my MI4s, when I check system updates it says: MIUI7 MIUI 6.4.28
I would like to update. How?
when I try to manualy update, linke to filwe on my mob it says "can't verify update"

tried to unlock something, followed link to chinesse site and than stucked there with problems on forum nickname. I did updates on some old androids I have but with MI4s i am useless. Please help!
1st you need miui login to apply unlock request, if you get sms permission for unlock then you can start unlock with miunlock software.

go to your developer setting, binding your miui account to your handheld. boot on fastboot mode then open miunlock, follow the step.

after that you can flash with official cn rom first, then change stock recovery with twrp. then install xiaomi.eu version.

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Soebianto
<<< QUICK COMMENT OT >>>

Every week I keep wading through the comments and I have to notice that 70% of them are trash. There REALLY should be some ground rules, best posted with every release. Suggestions:

1. These are beta releases. Bugs are to be expected. Do not complain or ask when stuff will be fixed. Instead, post a bug report that contains the name of your device and how the bug can be reproduced. If you don't like bugs don't install a beta ROM. Also, if you don't know some basics about your device, i.e. how to backup, flash etc., do not install any ROM except the one offered by the updater.

2. Don't ask when stuff will be released or fixed. Instead, ask your preferred deity, someone with a crystal ball or have your palm read.

3. Don't ask why stuff happens or doesn't happen. Your mom will be able to explain most of how the world works better than people in this forum.

4. Don't ask at all before reading. Your question may have already been answered. Read the release notes at the beginning of each thread and read every post from first to last page before you waste other's peoples valuable time by making them repease stuff that has already been said. Asking other people to sum up what has been written before just because you're too lazy to read is rude.

5. If you get frustrated with things not happening fast enough you could always consider a donation. Or getting involved yourself in helping with translations etc. You're not entitled to anything. Everything that happens here is done by people out of good will. Good will is powered by positive energy, meaning being helpful to others instead of demanding or complaining. If you can't provide that, stay away.

<<< Just my 5 cents, of course, thank you >>>

Excellent! Also I would like to add: Skip the "thank you" and "downloading" posts. This is not the miui forum and hopefully it will not turn into that. If you feel like you have to express your gratitude, hit the like button on op instead.

Successfully updated my Redmi 3 (ido) to 8.1.4, no problems so far.
Not nice from Xiaomi devs: Android security update still on 2017-01-01 - it just had birthday o_O

how to solve camera 2 api problem....stock camera crashes after enabling camera 2 api...but i need camera 2 api enabled for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*.
plz someone...any solutions?

@ingbrzy
Thanks again for the release.
Can you correct the typo's and change some settings as defined below.

1. Browser.apk/res/values/strings.xml
<string name="add_pwa_to_homescreen">Add a Home screen shorcut?</string> -->
<string name="add_pwa_to_homescreen">Add a Home screen shortcut?</string>
2. PersonalAssistant.apk/res/values/strings.xml
<string name="card_title_funclaunch">ShortCuts</string> -->
<string name="card_title_funclaunch">Shortcuts</string>
3. Calculator.apk/res/values/arrays.xml
<string-array name="unit_data_order_currency_">
<item>USD</item>
<item>EUR</item>
<item>HKD</item>
<item>JPY</item>
<item>CNY</item>

Please add EUR as the top one, since it's Xiaomi.EU
and/or remove the others.
<string-array name="unit_data_order_currency_">
<item>EUR</item>
<item>USD</item>
<item>HKD</item>
<item>JPY</item>
<item>CNY</item>

4. Weather.apk/res/values/strings.xml
<string name="update_night_setting_title_text">Update at night automatically</string> -->
<string name="update_night_setting_title_text">Update automatically at night </string>

Thanks and Happy Holidays

While in TWRP 3.2.1-0 on Redmi 4X, by going to Reboot to Recovery (again) - Does not boot to Recovery but to System!

Anybody else noticed it?

While in TWRP 3.2.1-0 on Redmi 4X, by going to Reboot to Recovery (again) - Does not boot to Recovery but to System!

Anybody else noticed it?
Also on my Redmi 4X. Issue in TWRP?
But my Redmi 4X saves settings (Timezone etc.) in TWRP.
My mido Redmi Note 4 loses these settings every single boot in Recovery.

Restart to system also on mido.

Reactions: CyNote
Also on my Redmi 4X. Issue in TWRP?
But my Redmi 4X saves settings (Timezone etc.) in TWRP.
My mido Redmi Note 4 loses these settings every single boot in Recovery.

Restart to system also on mido.

Exactly! On Redmi 4X settings cannot be saved, not even time-zone or language etc. That's a bug on TWRP?

@ingbrzy @graw2 @Soebianto @jc rey and other friends, can you also confirm? :D

Does not find. Looks for the value of the term on the network, not on the phone

On Home Screen, swipe up to open the search.. (i wasn't talking about google search)..and type the letter slowly, one char at a time and look at the search results, typing 'region' will not find it, but typing 'regio' does, sometime typing 'reg' find it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-08-06-08-48-902_com.android.quicksearchbox.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-08-06-08-48-902_com.android.quicksearchbox.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Exactly! On Redmi 4X settings cannot be saved, not even time-zone or language etc. That's a bug on TWRP?

@ingbrzy @graw2 @Soebianto @jc rey and other friends, can you also confirm? :D

TWRP 3.2.1.0 on Mi Max 2, no problem, boot to recovery and save settings work.

I'd like to know the following as well. Camera2 cameras work, but WhatsApp cameras no longer work :(

Camera in Whatsapp works fine with Camera2 turned on (Mi Max 2, 7.12.21).

Last edited:
Successfully updated my Redmi 3 (ido) to 8.1.4, no problems so far.
Not nice from Xiaomi devs: Android security update still on 2017-01-01 - it just had birthday o_O

Old devices don't get important updates anymore, too bad..but good thing is they usually don't have bugs which introduced along with new features.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
Please help
Still can't open phone contact with display picture, already tray another dial app and contact still can't open contact with display picture,

Note app can't open, somebody plase help me, thank you

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Did you use a suhide app? Try to reinstall the ROM with a full wipes. Data storage including. And do not install a suhide. That was helpful for me. To hide root use an Xposed with a Root Cloak.

No problem here.

Sent from my MI 4S

Hi bro, i have problem on whatsapp camera/video...its look blurry and blinks
my device mi4s...but why the error only whatsapp app? fb, instagram, and other social media apps / stock camera is working perfectly...

need help how to solve it...

Hi bro, i have problem on whatsapp camera/video...its look blurry and blinks
my device mi4s...but why the error only whatsapp app? fb, instagram, and other social media apps / stock camera is working perfectly...

need help how to solve it...
normal here with whatsapp 2.18.1 (latest beta) try clear your cache or try apply beta tester like me

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: afah_me
Does Xiaomi.eu ROM doesn't support theme? If I applying theme on my RN4 MTK, the status/notification bar, sms, and dialer won't change, still using default miui theme. The difference is just the app icon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
c0ecd907ed1996dfaf75a86c4c7dd802.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.