Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this ROM has boot times quite "long" compared to the previous versions (miui 10 global stable, 8.9.24 .. 8.9.13 ...)

You can already do that. Settings -> Installed apps -> Messaging -> Notifications -> Messages -> Custom sound

I know that. However that does work not in all ROM versions. Because of that I left a few updates. Till now I have been using 8.9.13 ROM.
Well... The way you present is more like.... "pirate" way to set SMS notification ringtone. ;)

Each time I swipe up (home) from any app, statusbar icons blink. Its sooooo anoying, any way to change this? Mi mix 2

I will try this tonight!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI MAX 3 met Tapatalk
Upgrade mi 8 (and others) from oreo to pie and keep (most) of your data:

After struggling to upgrade my Mi 8 from 8.8.24 to a Pie version (8.9.13 and up) I always keep a bootloop. Everyone suggests a data wipe, but I didn't want to. A few posts back, mentioned by @qbert the idea is to install a clean pie version, setup the basic things such as google services. Then restore the data partition only, in Twrp.

It works, very good actually! A few mistakes were made by me, so I will share some tips for those who want to try this. This is the walk through:

- make a twrp backup in case it fails!!! Really, do it!

- Copy important stuf from your internal storage in case you wipe a little too much. (also copy the new twrp backup on your computer!) don't forget the MIUI folder. If everything goes fine, you don't need this.

- remove your fingerprint/patern/pin/face you don't you won't be able to login although you entered the same patern/pin! (it is fixable to reboot in twrp and delete the security files, but it is easier to remove them before)

- download the latest pie rom, and the latest firmware for your phone. Put it in your downloads folder.

- reboot to twrp, flash the firmware, the rom and choose wipe. Make sure it says something: this will wipe everything but NOT including your SD folder.

- boot in the new and completely clean rom and setup your miui account and google account.

- reboot in twrp click on restore and select the twrp backup you made. DESELECT everything except the 'data' partition. Restore it.

- reboot your phone, it will take a while but it will boot now with Pie!

Almost everything will be the same as on your previous oreo install, your apps, background, stored wifi etc. But you will encounter some issues as: you have to login again to wechat, some banking or other high secured apps must login again, and you have to setup your patern/pin or face again. These are minor issues for me, I am just happy that 95% of my phone is setup already.

@qbert, thanks for pointing me into the right direction, I hope it will work for you too!

Last edited:
I have two Problems on my Mi8 Dipper...
I become no Plus Messanger(a better Telegram Client) Notifications.
I have change the Notifications for the Messanger in the settings but nothing... Or I change the settings for every chats, Channels manually... This very s**t...

And... I have no AOD on 8.10.12...

And my wish... I will all Notifications on AOD :D

I never use dual apps and after update i have this
26298e305d84a8a0d49410958359b18e.jpg

Enviado do meu MI 5s através do Tapatalk

i have the Explorer Edition and i updated my phone from 10.0.6.0 stable(Oreo) to 8.10.12 weekly(Pie) xiaomi.eu but now i have "bad" WhatsApp Notification which are not grouped or expandable. And i saw only something like this "7 messages by 4 chats" on my Lockscreen but not from who. Is it a bug or a "feature"?

On Mi Note 3 I can't disable Power Menu on lock screen.
Mi Pad 4(AICP), Moto E², G³ - I can disable/enable.
It is bug, as Quick Settings on Lock Screen at older builds.
OK, if you think it's a bug you can ask Xiaomi to fix it. It's an official MIUI feature and I've got no problems with that. The Power menu is available on secure lockscreen even on my older Sony Xperia Z1.
I know that. However that does work not in all ROM versions. Because of that I left a few updates. Till now I have been using 8.9.13 ROM.
Well... The way you present is more like.... "pirate" way to set SMS notification ringtone. ;)
That's not a "pirate" way to set SMS notifications, you're just not familiar with Android Oreo and how notifications work there.
The concept of "SMS sound" doesn't exist on Oreo, because on Oreo, SMS doesn't have its own sound, it's just a normal notification, and each app has notification channels that can be configured. The "pirate" way you speak of is the AOSP way, in fact.

Reactions: mrosi
Can i update from 8.9.20 to 8.10.11 without wiping data ?
In posting #1 all important things are written:
Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

Mi Max 2: Crash *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*?Sometimes crash another program, but after any second regenerates. In short - unstable, but it is better than the previous one

Mi 6X , cannot connect to the camera .
I wiped data, system, internal, everything, still can't get it working
At first, I thought the rom was okay but til I open camera and then... BOOM! I have a same issue, but I'm downgrading to 8.9.20 now.

Reactions: A.Zain
Upgrade mi 8 (and others) from oreo to pie and keep (most) of your data:

After struggling to upgrade my Mi 8 from 8.8.24 to a Pie version (8.9.13 and up) I always keep a bootloop. Everyone suggests a data wipe, but I didn't want to. A few posts back, mentioned by @qbert the idea is to install a clean pie version, setup the basic things such as google services. Then restore the data partition only, in Twrp.

It works, very good actually! A few mistakes were made by me, so I will share some tips for those who want to try this. This is the walk through:

- make a twrp backup in case it fails!!! Really, do it!

- Copy important stuf from your internal storage in case you wipe a little too much. (also copy the new twrp backup on your computer!) don't forget the MIUI folder. If everything goes fine, you don't need this.

- remove your fingerprint/patern/pin/face you don't you won't be able to login although you entered the same patern/pin! (it is fixable to reboot in twrp and delete the security files, but it is easier to remove them before)

- download the latest pie rom, and the latest firmware for your phone. Put it in your downloads folder.

- reboot to twrp, flash the firmware, the rom and choose wipe. Make sure it says something: this will wipe everything but NOT including your SD folder.

- boot in the new and completely clean rom and setup your miui account and google account.

- reboot in twrp click on restore and select the twrp backup you made. DESELECT everything except the 'data' partition. Restore it.

- reboot your phone, it will take a while but it will boot now with Pie!

Almost everything will be the same as on your previous oreo install, your apps, background, stored wifi etc. But you will encounter some issues as: you have to login again to wechat, some banking or other high secured apps must login again, and you have to setup your patern/pin or face again. These are minor issues for me, I am just happy that 95% of my phone is setup already.

@qbert, thanks for pointing me into the right direction, I hope it will work for you too!

Went from 8.8.30 to this doing this and worked.

Thx

Camera does not work, why?
I'm waiting for an answer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-14-17-44-00-173_com.android.camera.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-14-17-44-00-173_com.android.camera.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 326
Status
Not open for further replies.