Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug: Google Maps freezes when you push the button to "Start" driving.
Same bug on Mix1 and Mi Note 2.

On Note 2 does not help to switch between "pedestrian" and "car" like on Mix1.

Maps seems to work normally on Max1 helium.

Everything else seems to work normally in both phones, also in Maps, it freezes only on "Start".

I'm not interested in doing a "clean" install just to fix this, will wait to next week and see what happens.

I was just about to report the Google maps issue on my MI5.
If on WiFi all works, if on data it hangs as soon as you start navigation. I have tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app with no success.
Other apps are fine on data and for now had to install Here Maps as this works fine.

If on WiFi all works, if on data it hangs as soon as you start navigation. I have tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app with no success.
Other apps are fine on data and for now had to install Here Maps as this works fine.

I have not found a solution, Maps never works on the Note 2 over mobile data.

Maps does not work for me about half the time on wifi either on the Mix1, no obvious trigger.

Maps works fine on Max1 helium on wifi, so maybe it's a android 8 related problem.

Try to disable function PIP (Picture-in-Picture).
Worked on my Redmi Note 5 (whyred).

How can I update my mi8 form 8.8.31 to 8.11.1 without data lost?

Can I backup /data in twrp, and restore it after clean install the rom?

How did you do with old twrp? When I enter Install I can not find the new twrp.img

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
You should choose "Install img" in the old TWRP. There are two options - "Install zip" and "Install img"

How can I update my mi8 form 8.8.31 to 8.11.1 without data lost?

Can I backup /data in twrp, and restore it after clean install the rom?
The only reasonable answer is... try yourself.
My case (Mi Mix2S): I was able to install 8.8.X (xiaomi.eu dev branch), then 10.0.0.3 (xiaomi.eu stable branch), then again 8.10.25 + 8.11.1 ((xiaomi.eu dev branch) without wiping data and everything worked flawlessly. Instead I was not able to move from 8.10.25 to 10.0.0.4 (stuck on PIN code screen). Many users experienced bootloops doing the very same steps. So it totally depends on your setting and apps.
I would suggest to make a backup (and copy it to an external storage) and then try to wipe dalvik + cache and dirty flash.
In case of issues, you can wipe everything, flash and try to restore the backup.
In case of issues, you have no other option than clean flash.

Running on 8.11.1 on my Pocophone F1. Everything is smooth and haven't had any crashed or so yet.

What I was wondering though, is the Android Pie gesture navigation coming to this rom any time? I very much prefer the stock Android Pie gesture navigation instead of the Miui gesture nav.

Like to hear from you soon. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Reactions: thechosenone46
Good morning everyone !
I just reported a possible bug in the "Bugs Forum" and attached a few screen shots.
--> I am still encountering severe network problems with dual sim card operations on my MI8.

How did you do with old twrp? When I enter Install I can not find the new twrp.img

Install and then choose image, u will see the twrp file and after select recovery and flash!
To use new recovery needed reboot

You should choose "Install img" in the old TWRP. There are two options - "Install zip" and "Install img"
Thank you, I will try. Will my data be erased after twrp update or not?

Windows can't recognice the hotspot created by poco in 5G but it's possible in 2.4. Is it a bug?

Same issue but it looks like nobody can help us or at least eventually just answer.

I don't know but I'm getting the same battery life since I've switched again to weekly (8.8.x). The best battery life I had on 9.5 stable but since then it got worse but not a whole lot. Like, I'm getting 6-7h SoT on Wi-Fi and about 4-5h SoT on LTE/mixed usage. The worse was on stable, 10.0.4/5 where I couldn't get more than 4-5h SoT on Wi-Fi or 3-4h SoT on LTE/mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.